Gov. Barbour calls for merger of Alcorn and Valley into Jackson State University

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be serious. He hasn't been in office a whole year yet? Give him time. If he singled out money just for HBCUs, you know you and those nutcases on Fox News and other pundits and republicans will have a field day saying he's showing favoritism. What about that don't you understand? These are STATE schools, not federal schools. What happens to state schools are under that state's governor, not the president. Let me ask you this, out of all those commencement speeches that Bush gave while he was in office, how many of those were at HBCUs? Why weren't you asking these same questions 2 years ago, about why the president wasn't giving money to HBCUs, and don't give me that crap about only worrying about who's in office now. Your bias is unbelievable. I'm surprised you're not blaming Obama for bad weather outside.

.....and since when did ACORN, Bank of America, Citi Group, and others become a federal organization? How much time did it take Obama to give billions to these organizations?

Re: Gov. Barbour: Merge Mississippi universities

WAPT just reported that the merger plan includes eliminating athletics at ASU and Valley.

Wow...and the thing is so much tradition and hard work will be going down the drain, also what will be the out come after this ordeal is over, will they reinstate the university or will they keep the universities consolidated?

Last edited:

.....and since when did ACORN, Bank of America, Citi Group, and others become a federal organization? How much time did it take Obama to give billions to these organizations?

About the same time as it took Bush.

Sarah ...err... I mean Royal, Don't let the facts get in the way.

THose orgs were getting $$$ long before Obama was a blip on the national radar.

Posted on Football Scoop: Alcorn & MVSU

Alcorn State & Mississippi Valley State[/U]: Mississippi Govenor Haley Barbour is proposing to merge Mississippi Valley State University and Alcorn State University into the larger Jackson State University. The proposal is to help with the state’s budget. This makes us wonder about the future of Alcorn State and MVSU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back