Gold Teeth in Memphis TN

buckwheat

Last night, my wife and I flew into the memphis airport from Baltimore. After we left the airport, we stopped by Krystals on our way to Mississippi. Every employee in that joint had gold teeth. I'm from Mississippi originally, but Memphis has to be one of the most ghetto places in the South.

I thought the same thing the first time I went to Memphis back in the late 80's. Back then it was coupled with Scary Curl.

Whoa bruh...lmao. Ease up on my hometown. Memphis does give off that ghetto ass vibe, but that is only part of Memphis.

Unfortunately, my area Whitehaven (aka...Blackhaven) which is where the airport is located, has changed for the worse over the years. There are some very nice areas in Memphis.

Although I haven't lived there since I graduated, I still rep Memphis to the fullest.

jag77 said:
Whoa bruh...lmao. Ease up on my hometown. Memphis does give off that ghetto ass vibe, but that is only part of Memphis.

Unfortunately, my area Whitehaven (aka...Blackhaven) which is where the airport is located, has changed for the worse over the years. There are some very nice areas in Memphis.

Although I haven't lived there since I graduated, I still rep Memphis to the fullest.

that's a big co-sign because atlanta is worse than memphis. the problem in memphis is that in the 80's and early 90's, the "projects were limited to certain area's (downtown) of the city" and the overall city was clean and crime free. however, when the mayor/ city council decided to clean up the downtown area, they moved all the residents from the assigned public housing to section 8's all over the city including the county. i live in the hickory hill area and when it was the county, it was the place to be.....no crime, it was clean, and shopping was everywhere. now, there is really no place to move in memphis except the county headed towards east tennessee or north mississippi. i will admit that certain parts of the city are in a state of decay, but i have seen parts of florida, texas, georgia, alabama, and especially mississippi that look awful. so back up of the m-town. plus, i may be looking to purchase a home in the olivebranch,ms area. :tophat:

buckwheat1911 said:
Last night, my wife and I flew into the memphis airport from Baltimore. After we left the airport, we stopped by Krystals on our way to Mississippi. Every employee in that joint had gold teeth. I'm from Mississippi originally, but Memphis has to be one of the most ghetto places in the South.

Yeah man, LEAVE MEMPHIS ALONE!!!!

I am not from there, but Memphis is just a microcasm(sp) of the changes that are taking place in the South. Nashville and St Louis can hand Memphis some on the gold teeth tip. But for what ever local reasons, areas that used to be considered to be quiet and safe have become crime ridden.

jag77 said:
Memphis does give off that ghetto ass vibe, but that is only part of Memphis.

There are some very nice areas in Memphis.
<---just today, I met a parent of one of my smartest students, shook bruh's and, he grinned, and lo and behold there was gold on everyone of his teeth :what:

.....but like jag 77 said, this is not all of Memphis...,when I 1st visited here almost 7 years ago, the only parts of Memphis I saw was Cordova, Bartlett (where I stay), and Raleigh.....,I thought all of Memphis was like those places until I came back to make plans to stay..., neverthless Memphis to me is like any other place, you have the decent hoods, and not so decent.....,

Memphis is alright with me :)

Wednesday, we drove to Tunica and we stopped at Walgreen on US 61. I went inside and when I came out I said there is a gold mine inside. I always say something to make them smile to see if they have gold teeth.

I know what you mean about that gold.

My dad is from Memphis, and I use to go there a lot when I was a kid. I will agree that it is part of the city and not the entire city.

Top Ghettoest Cities:

1) Memphis, TN
2) Birhmingham, AL
3) East St. Louis, IL
4) Flint, MI
5) Fayetteville, NC akak FayetteCong

BandFan said:
Top Ghettoest Cities:

1) Memphis, TN
2) Birhmingham, AL
3) East St. Louis, IL
4) Flint, MI

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LOL, I'm surprised Gary didn't make the cut.

BandFan said:
Top Ghettoest Cities:

1) Memphis, TN
2) Birhmingham, AL
3) East St. Louis, IL
4) Flint, MI

Never been to New Orleans, I see...lol

MightyDog said:
Wednesday, we drove to Tunica and we stopped at Walgreen on US 61. I went inside and when I came out I said there is a gold mine inside. I always say something to make them smile to see if they have gold teeth.

I know what you mean about that gold.
LOL

JAG, No rounded out the bottem 5.

6) New Orleans
7) W. Memphis, AR
8) Baton Rouge, LA
9) St. Louis, MO
10) tie - Mobile, AL & Little Rock, ARK

SU's Finest '93 said:
There are ghetto folks, w/gold teeth everywhere...Memphis is no exception. :smh:

There are ghetto folks everywhere, but gold teeth are only prevelant in certain parts of the country.

BandFan said:

6) New Orleans
7) W. Memphis, AR
8) Baton Rouge, LA
9) St. Louis, MO

New Orleans should be in the top 3. we were there in july and a man was pissing from the sidewalk onto the street in the middle of the day and he didn't look homeless

ATL in top 3

Jackson, Mississippi
Nashville, Tn
Forest City, AR
Houston,TX
New York
Baltimore
parts of D.C.
Chicago
.....Memphis is not as bad as most major cites

I don't know about the gold teeth , but them women in Memphis shole have been blessed with some nice trunks. :nod2: :sperm:

BandFan said:

6) New Orleans
7) W. Memphis, AR
8) Baton Rouge, LA
9) St. Louis, MO
You couldn't have been to New Orleans.

Hey wait a minute!!!!!!
I am from Memphis now and have been for three years. And about that nasty remark about Memphis....

buckwheat1911 said:
...You are so right. Memphis is the pits. I reason that it consists of migrants from Mississippi. Country folk lost in the city. Gold teeth are a main stay of the south. Memphis has taken that 1 discreet gold to a new obscene level.

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
<---just today, I met a parent of one of my smartest students, shook bruh's and, he grinned, and lo and behold there was gold on everyone of his teeth :what:

.....but like jag 77 said, this is not all of Memphis...,when I 1st visited here almost 7 years ago, the only parts of Memphis I saw was Cordova, Bartlett (where I stay), and Raleigh.....,I thought all of Memphis was like those places until I came back to make plans to stay..., neverthless Memphis to me is like any other place, you have the decent hoods, and not so decent.....,

Memphis is alright with me :)
I have spent most of my live in three cities, Memphis, Little Rock and Kansas City. In Little Rock and KC there are a few areas that are in decay but most areas are ok average or decent. The ratio seems reversed in Memphis. Except about two areas the city is in regression. Nice areas are becoming slums. Only the downtown area is progressing.

BandFan said:
Top Ghettoest Cities:

1) Memphis, TN
2) Birhmingham, AL
3) East St. Louis, IL
4) Flint, MI

Hayes Street in Fayetteville smells just like ....
East St. Louis is the only place in America I am scared to go.
Memphis is predominantly black and it shows....and the mayor!!!!!!

BandFan said:

6) New Orleans
7) W. Memphis, AR
8) Baton Rouge, LA
9) St. Louis, MO
West Memphis is not big enough to count. Other than trailor park city, the town is ok....Ok for a black Delta city. There is a very nice area on the west side (white)

Isn't most of LR ok. The airport area and southwest used to be bad..Ok I am remembering other areas. But is is growing with nice areas to the West.

Back