Get Rich or Die Tryin'...

ABE said:
That's a damn lie for one. Dr. Dre produces a miniscule portion of 50's songs. Hell Dr. Dre is not even a relevant producer any more. He "partners" with other producers to make his "hits".

I smell "hater"...

Dre is not relevant to rappers, is that what you meant to say? He is busy doing scores for t.v commercials, and movies. Hell I wouldnt waste my time with most of these rappers either.

Imma need u to read credits. He has only recently began to use other producers, besides M, and Dre. Lets not talk about his pre Aftermath signing, lets talk about since he has been on Aftermath.

In the words of Common, "If I dont like it, I dont like it. It doesnt mean that Im hating"

Sugestion................ :retard:

Let's not make anymore threads that centers on YOUNG BLACK MEN MAKING MONEY. :goof:

Let's all talk about "Desperate Househooks" or ORAH bringing the must hear story of the "MAN-HATER and the GAYBLADE". :nod2:

Stagg, its nothing against "BLACK MEN" or them "making money". You just so happen to post a thread about someone, that a few, just so happen not to be a fan of.

We will be going to see it. I enjoy a good "hood" movie evey now and then. I enjoy other types of movies as well. Just being a consumer. :D

I didn't make the thread INCI. :lol:

But anywho .....this happens every time someone makes a thread like this wether it be about Rappers ....................or actors. :smh:

Let's just say all black rappers need to go back to what they was doing back in the pre-'80's.....on the street corner listening to suit'sand preachers telling them to go and get REAL, LEGAL, JOBS. They did, and it still ain't enough. :lol:

Incipience said:
Dre is not relevant to rappers, is that what you meant to say? He is busy doing scores for t.v commercials, and movies. Hell I wouldnt waste my time with most of these rappers either.

Imma need u to read credits. He has only recently began to use other producers, besides M, and Dre. Lets not talk about his pre Aftermath signing, lets talk about since he has been on Aftermath.

In the words of Common, "If I dont like it, I dont like it. It doesnt mean that Im hating"

I am not going to argue with you about something like this. Dr. Dre ceased producing his own stuff somewhere around 1990. He has been duping up and coming people to produce for him *ghost-produce, oh.. that isn't a term - STEALING is more like it* He has a history of snatching credits for things he had little to do with. I read the credits and Dr. Dre has never dominated anyone's cd as of late. *Post Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle*....

Anywho.. you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't distort WHY you don't like it.

Stagg, I apologize. However, I will agree with you on the bad rep that most rappers have. The hip-hop/rap industry is owed many thanks by the Fortune 500's, 200's and 100's. Without hip hop, many of them would not be household names.

ABE said:
I am not going to argue with you about something like this. Dr. Dre ceased producing his own stuff somewhere around 1990. He has been duping up and coming people to produce for him *ghost-produce, oh.. that isn't a term - STEALING is more like it* He has a history of snatching credits for things he had little to do with. I read the credits and Dr. Dre has never dominated anyone's cd as of late. *Post Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle*....

Anywho.. you don't like it, that's fine. Just don't distort WHY you don't like it.

Ghostwriting, and Ghostproducing is a term. It is no secret to insiders that Dre' dont write his own lyrics. He didnt write much in the days NWA either. I can list many other popular rappers that don't. Im talking about hits he produced, not an entire album. That doesnt happen to much in the Rap industry. There is no other producer in hip-hop/rap, that has sold more than Dre.

No back to the 50, I never said why I didnt like him.

I hear ya!!! I feel the same exact way about those chittlin circuit Tyler Perry plays, but I don't think I'm going to jump over to that thread hating on Madea and staying away from the black theaters these chittlin circuit plays come to for fear of being run over by Keisha, Twan and D'Ashanta nem.

ha ha

SONNY said:
Sue me.

50 Sucks.

I saw it tonight. I must say that it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it. Very gangsta!!!

50 Cent movie pulled after Pa. shooting
HOMESTEAD, Pa. (AP) ? The new 50 Cent movie Get Rich or Die Tryin' has been pulled from a theater where a man was fatally shot even though officials said Thursday they do not know whether the film was a factor in the slaying.

Get Rich or Die Tryin' stirred up controversy last month when several billbooards featuring a gun-toting 50 Cent were pulled.
Paramount Pictures

Loews Corp. decided to stop showing the rapper's bullet-ridden bio while the investigation is going on, said John McCauley, the company's vice president of marketing.

"We're unclear whether there is a direct connection," McCauley said.

He said the company is doing all it can to make sure patrons are safe at the 22-screen multiplex in a popular entertainment-and-shopping complex just east of Pittsburgh.

Shelton Flowers, 30, had just watched the rapper's movie Wednesday when he got into a confrontation with three men in the bathroom. A fight ensued and spilled out into the concessions area, where Flowers was shot, police said.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-11-10-get-rich-shooting_x.htm

They?re not showing the movie at the ?black? theater out here. The folks will have to drive to the other side of town to check it out.

NASTYNUPE said:
I saw it tonight. I must say that it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it. Very gangsta!!!

Movie was actually good, saw it the other day. Good job with the movie 50 exceeded my expectations :tup:

Brought in just under $13 million for the weekend in limited theaters.

Considering "how little" the production cost was, there will be a huge profit for him. :smash:

We'll I will support the movie because if we don't who will. Ozzie was one of the biggest drug users in the business and America still loves him and his crazy family.Look at his TV show ratings. Besides 95% of the women in the world like a lil thug in their man. Heck even Urckel got gangsta when he had too. :lol:

utzworld said:
:smh:

Y'all could have saved your $9.00 ticket price and stayed at home and and played both of Fiddy's CD's in your CD player while watching "Black Caesar" the "Mute" button on. It's practically the same dayum movie!

For a slightly DIFFERENT opinion, check this out:

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/comments/chris/2005/11/deconstructing-fiddy-search-for-hope.html (I wrote this...along with an actual review of the film. I'll post it if y'all are interested.)

Nice review

Back