Game of Thrones - Season 6

Also, did anyone notice Jon's new hairstyle? In Episode 9 ("Battle of the Bastards"), he wore his hair like Ned Stark. He also did in last night's season finale.

Also, did anyone catch how he was declared King of the North? In the earlier seasons of GoT, I think it was the end of season 1 of beginning of season 2, the Houses of the North had met together to decide if they'd join with Stannis Barratheon's siege on King's Landing. When they made the choice to not support, they instead paid homage to Ned Stark and swore allegiance to the "Young Wolf, Robb Stark, and the episode ended with the houses of the North shouting to Robb, "KING OF THE NORTH!"

It was the same last night. As Lady Lyanna Mormont of Bear Island said "The North remembers" and she didn't care that he was Ned Stark's bastard; "he has the blood of Ned Stark in his veins" and her house was the first from the North to pledge allegiance to the Starks. Soon, Jon was called the "White Wolf". The episode ended with the houses of the North again declaring a Stark as "KING OF THE NORTH!"

I think Lady Lyanna Mormont has become one of my new favorite characters!:)

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know if you remember me posting this:

I think you commented and knew what direction I was going. But if you'll recall in the earlier seasons of GoT, remember how Tyrion would talk about how fascinated he was with dragons. Go back in time to his birth; in the books, while he does have blonde hair, Tyrion's hair was more bleached than Cersei and Jaime's. Go back before that, and revisit the friendship between Tywin Lannister and Aerys Targaryen and what it was that drove them apart. Go back to the 3-headed dragon myth and fast forward to Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal. And then recall Tyrion's experience in the dungeon when he went to take the chains off Viserion and Rhaegal. They (Viserion and Rhaegal) did not harm him.

The 3-Headed Dragon:

Drogon: Daenerys has ridden him
Rhaegal: named after Rhaegar Targaryen, Jon will ride him for his father Rhaegar
Viserion: cream (white) in color, resemblance to the Targaryens, he will be the dragon Tyrion rides

Daenerys, Jon, Tyrion=the 3-Headed Dragon of House Targaryen

Yep. Exactly! My only problem with the finale last night is how rushed it felt. They tied up several story plots in 1 hour, where in fact it should have taken about 3 more episodes. I believe they may be running out of money or something.

Other than that, great show as usual. I think Tyrion finds out about his true heritage before Jon Snow does. Quite ironic that all 3 of these characters had to rise from so many obstacles put in their way during their youth!!

That's the only conclusion I was able to draw when old boy told her (after learning that trial by combat would no longer be allowed) that the rumor she heard was more than just a rumor.

Cersei burning down the Sept was the reason why Jaime killed Aerys Targaryen ("The Mad King").

Before he went mad, Aerys Targaryen was a good man and good king. He and Tywin Lannister were very good friends. During his reign, he began incestuous relationships and had children with those in his bloodline, causing insanity. His insanity increased, and he began to think people were out to kill him, so for long bouts of time he would not eat (thinking people were trying to poison him), further driving him insane. But it was his pleasure of watching people burn alive (thus the origination of his favorite phrase "Burn them all") was the validity of him earning the name "The Mad King".

During Robert's Rebellion, Aerys Targaryen had hidden hundreds and hundreds of "explosives" throughout the city and the Sept of Baelon. But the battle was too much for him, as Houses Stark, Tully, Barratheon, and Arryn rallied against him. He knew he was defeated, but in one last act of insanity, Aerys planned to burn down the entire city, thinking he'd reincarnate as a dragon, which is the sigil of House Targaryen. Jaime Lannister had somehow learned of this, which is why he killed Aerys, and earned the name "Kingslayer". He shared with Brienne of Tarth how he killed him; he slit his (Aerys') throat in an attempt to silence him from giving the order "Burn them all" or burn the city.

Cersei did what Jaime prevented, and this will be one the major reasons why his relationship with Cersei will not only become beyond repairable but will come to a tragic end.

I thought John was the only one with dragon blood. He has to to be Rob Stark's nephew (sister raped by the mad king).

Tyrion did say he used to dream of dragons when he was a little boy. I'm not sure what's the connection though

Lyanna Stark was not raped by Aerys Targaryen. She was kidnapped by the prince Rhaegar Targaryen. But if you've been watching or reading the books, Ser Jorah Mormont has been telling Daenerys all along that it is not her father's nature that runs in her. And also in the earlier seasons of GoT (season 1 and 2), folks would tell of the goodness and kindness of Rhaegar Targaryen. He was handsome (as all the Targaryens were), and even Cersei was fascinated with Rhaegar and ready to be his bride (she was promised to him back when Tywin and Aerys were best of friends). Prince Rhaegar was a kind man; while he did kidnap Lyanna Stark, I don't think it was to harm her, but more so to get back at Robert Barratheon, who was in love with her and betrothed to her. I think during the time she was held captive, she and Rhaegar grew to love each other, thus Jon being born. Lyanna Stark's kidnapping was the reason behind Robert's Rebellion.

This is why Robert Barratheon hated the Targaryens and was obsessed with finding Viserys and Daenerys. This is why Lyanna made Ned promise to protect Jon, and why he lied and said Jon was his bastard son. He knew, as Lyanna knew, that Robert would kill him if he (Robert) found out he (Jon) was fathered by Rhaegar Targaryen. Ned kept his promise to his sister.

I trust you know by know that Tyrion is a Targaryen, which explains his dreams of dragons and his success in freeing Rhaegal and Viserion.......and his relationship with Daenerys. And if you'll go back to season 1, when Tyrion visited the Wall, he and Jon also had a very, very good friendship. They are the 3-headed dragon of House Targaryen.

Last edited:
Before he went mad, Aerys Targaryen was a good man and good king. He and Tywin Lannister were very good friends. During his reign, he began incestuous relationships and had children with those in his bloodline, causing insanity. His insanity increased, and he began to think people were out to kill him, so for long bouts of time he would not eat (thinking people were trying to poison him), further driving him insane. But it was his pleasure of watching people burn alive (thus the origination of his favorite phrase "Burn them all") was the validity of him earning the name "The Mad King".

I have a strange feeling this was Bran's doing--not intentionally--but as a result of going back into the past to alter things similar to the conditions we saw Hodor experience.

I think Cersi will be forgiven once Jamie finds out the entire story. To be fair to Cersi, that was her trump card. She tried to work with all of them but they felt they finally had her down so they all twist the knife. Cersi wanted trial be combat, but the High Sparrow got in her weak sons head. She tried to save her son,but he chose to think he could fly!

They had the woman take that long walK naked with hits thrown on her and that still wasn't enough for them!

She never admitted to her wrong doings. Kings Landing is about to be broke--if it aint already. Cersei is about to be up shit creek without a paddle! The Iron Bank is done with them given the nature of events which just occurred. Cersei taking out the entire Tyrell clan and additional royal contingency, as well as destroying the temple with wildfire will be her undoing. Jaime is going to be furious with her actions. All because of her pride!

I can't want for Grandma Tyrell to whip Cersei's ass!

She never admitted to her wrong doings. Kings Landing is about to be broke--if it aint already. Cersei is about to be up shit creek without a paddle! The Iron Bank is done with them given the nature of events which just occurred. Cersei taking out the entire Tyrell clan and additional royal contingency, as well as destroying the temple with wildfire will be her undoing. Jaime is going to be furious with her actions. All because of her pride!

Yep. And the deaths of her children is only the beginning of her downward spiral. HBO didn't divulge the entire details of the prophecy regarding Cersei.......the worst is still yet to come!

Yep. And the deaths of her children is only the beginning of her downward spiral. HBO didn't divulge the entire details of the prophecy regarding Cersei.......the worst is still yet to come!

I imagine they will foreshadow this next season and divulge more into "what comes next." I have a feeling next season will focus on Dany meeting up with Jon Snow, Cersei trying to reverse course with the Iron Bank, the realization that the Ice King is coming for their ass, and revelations about Tyrion and Jon's true parentage.

Don't count Cersi out. The Greyjoy navy is still at play and she still has a hits load of wildfire to launch.

Even though it was super HAM, Cersei slit her own throat with that move. Keep in mind that Jaime doesn't know that Tomnen committed suicide; that will be a factor. But also remember all the work he put in to get Castle Black, along with the fact that House Tyrell was the major contributor to supplies (food, money, crops, etc) to King's Landing. All of this, along with Cersei's paranoia regarding the prophecy (by the way, the worst is still yet to come), will drive Jaime away from Cersei.

Little Finger has to first gain full control of the Vale, in which he does not. Robyn Arryn is Lord of the Vale, and the Vale is extremely loyal to Jon & Lyssa Arryn. Sansa is blood-related to Lyssa; she has Tully and Stark blood, and the Vale knows both are strong houses. I still don't think Petyr Baelish will ever gain complete control of the Vale, and I still think Sansa will seduce him and kill him. Besides, House Lannister is gone; they have no allies, Lord Tywin is dead, and Tyrion was the only Lannister capable of truly strategizing and ruling. The banners of Martell, Tyrell, Greyjoy flew on the masts of the boats in Daenerys' fleet; their allegiance with anyone who is against the Lannisters. THE NORTH FINALLY REMEMBERS......with Lady Mormont (who totally went HAM all the way) reminding them, the North swore allegiance to House Stark, who has declared the White Wolf as King of the North! The North is still the largest out of the seven kingdoms. And the **** just got real when Bran discovered Jon's parentage. Once Jon and Daenerys learn, you'll have a Stark/Targaryen and a Targaryen teamed up......that's a wrap folks!

Petyr Baelish will side with whoever is the strongest, which obviously is Daenerys. And if he does try to join forces with Cersei, Lady Olenna will make good on her promise in telling Cersei who it was that killed Joffrey. Petyr Baelish is a lot of things but he's not stupid. He'd be a fool to join forces with Cersei. She (Lady Olenna) already said that if anything should happen to Loras, she'll no longer have anything to lose. And she has lost everything!
I said the same exact thing. Especially after the kid jumped. Jamie will forever blame Cersei for killing him. That's what I believe.

Don't count Cersi out. The Greyjoy navy is still at play and she still has a hits load of wildfire to launch.
Cersei is done. Jamie will forever blame her for their last son dying. Lady Terrell is going to team up with whoever is going to kill her. Those women in Doran will play a major role next season. It's over for her. She has caught that "Mad" disease that the Mad King had.

Her uncle was in that group as well

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nice how they disposed of everyone who played no part in the story lines.

I wonder if anyone miraculously escaped the wildfire?
I was wondering this myself. You would think that no one with in a certain area survived that blast, but we won't know until the show returns. And I'm still waiting to see if Lady Stoneheart shows up.

Back