Frank Wilson to McNeese is the word. Any HBCUs called him?

I think alot of SU fans are just tired of being mediocre. Yes we have gone to the swac championship more then anybody these past few seasons, and some say we should be thankful.

My firm belief is that Odums has reach his ceiling at SU. PLAYERS have to execute, but its obvious in the development of our QB..that Odums does not have a clue on the basic offensive scheme for the type of QB we have..1 year I can forgive. But 3 years of the same BS. I cannot tolerate..

I've said it before and I will say it again, until we stop tolerating mediocrity in our conference we will always be looked at as bottom feeders compared to other conferences.

I think alot of SU fans are just tired of being mediocre. Yes we have gone to the swac championship more then anybody these past few seasons, and some say we should be thankful.

My firm belief is that Odums has reach his ceiling at SU. PLAYERS have to execute, but its obvious in the development of our QB..that Odums does not have a clue on the basic offensive scheme for the type of QB we have..1 year I can forgive. But 3 years of the same BS. I cannot tolerate..

I've said it before and I will say it again, until we stop tolerating mediocrity in our conference we will always be looked at as bottom feeders compared to other conferences.

It's called being complacency and not willing to learn something new to get over that hump. LSU saw that in Les Miles and made the change. Even though Coach O. was given a better supporting staff, he allowed them to do whatever to make them a respectable program again. For some strange reason, Les Miles didn't believe in changing his offense to attract top notch quarterbacks. The receivers LSU recruited had to prove themselves by other means for the NFL. The young man from my hometown is a perfect example, DJ Chark. He improved his draft selection by showing off his skill set at the NFL concubine. LSU's offense under Les Miles didn't do him any justice. Like Pete, I think Odums time should be nearing. Stagnation is not how things should be.

It's called being complacency and not willing to learn something new to get over that hump. LSU saw that in Les Miles and made the change. Even though Coach O. was given a better supporting staff, he allowed them to do whatever to make them a respectable program again. For some strange reason, Les Miles didn't believe in changing his offense to attract top notch quarterbacks. The receivers LSU recruited had to prove themselves by other means for the NFL. The young man from my hometown is a perfect example, DJ Chark. He improved his draft selection by showing off his skill set at the NFL concubine. LSU's offense under Les Miles didn't do him any justice. Like Pete, I think Odums time should be nearing. Stagnation is not how things should be.
If Coach Odums dont win the championship in 2 years meaning this season and next its time for him to go. He has to atleast win one whether it be this year or next to keep his job.

This!!! This is exactly what I'm talking about. We agree and can see Odums isn't the answer.

Last edited:
make sure to hire the most expensive coordinators first, go all in with a grad transfer quarterback and make sure all recruits get onc ampus by any means, then make the full assessment

If Coach Odums dont win the championship in 2 years meaning this season and next its time for him to go. He has to atleast win one whether it be this year or next to keep his job.

Worm only has 2020 and 2021 left on his current contract. 2022 is an option year.

His record was 19-29, his recruiting classes were top in C-USA and better then UTSA has ever had.I think UTSA has that syndrome of they should be on the same levels as UT or Texas A&M.

UTSA still has to pay Wilson through Feb 2022..

---Clynes also said he was putting on hold a potential contribution to the planned Roadrunner Athletic Center of Excellence (RACE), a $44 million project expected to include a covered football practice field, a sports medicine center, a weight room, offices for the athletics administration, classrooms and research labs. ---Seems like UTSA biggest donor was not happy.--

Rumor on the street is that Coach O was instrumental in Wilson coming back to the state of Louisiana

His record was 19-29, his recruiting classes were top in C-USA and better then UTSA has ever had.I think UTSA has that syndrome of they should be on the same levels as UT or Texas A&M.

---Clynes also said he was putting on hold a potential contribution to the planned Roadrunner Athletic Center of Excellence (RACE), a $44 million project expected to include a covered football practice field, a sports medicine center, a weight room, offices for the athletics administration, classrooms and research labs. ---Seems like UTSA biggest donor was not happy

Rumor on the street is that Coach O was instrumental in Wilson coming back to the state of Louisiana

let’s say Odums is not retained and wilson struggles at McNeese do you still hire him?

---Clynes also said he was putting on hold a potential contribution to the planned Roadrunner Athletic Center of Excellence (RACE), a $44 million project expected to include a covered football practice field, a sports medicine center, a weight room, offices for the athletics administration, classrooms and research labs. ---Seems like UTSA biggest donor was not happy.--

McNeese's coach was in his first year, what happened there?

Gilbert just resign, alot of the coaches on his staff were leaving " I think they knew APR issues were coming, but Gilbert was not to blame for that.

Coach O called the governor to get him the job. He was suppose to go back to LSU but other candidates like Rich Rod interviewed and O wasn’t feeling them so he made the call. Wilson will be gone in 2 years when his contract from UTSA runs out.

Back