Frank Wilson to McNeese is the word. Any HBCUs called him?

Kamala

Word is according to the folks on Tigerdroppings that Frank Wilson will be the new head coach at McNeese. https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching-changes/frank-wilson-to-mcneese/88072918/

Y'all who don't know Frank Wilson is a well respected coach from New Orleans; St. Aug grad. Former head coach at OP Walker and UTSA, WR coach at Tennessee, RB coach at Ole Miss, Southern Miss and LSU. I'll be frank. I don't know what Dawson Odums' buyout is but if I was a decision maker at SU and his buyout was reasonable I'd fire him and hire Frank Wilson. That's if Frank Wilson would take the job. Frank Wilson is tight with Orgeron so there's no doubt that McNeese will be the destination for many LSU players who don't pan out.

Last edited:
Word is according to the folks on Tigerdroppings that Frank Wilson will be the new head coach at McNeese. https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/coaching-changes/frank-wilson-to-mcneese/88072918/

Y'all who don't know Frank Wilson is a well respected coach from New Orleans; St. Aug grad. Former head coach at OP Walker and UTSA, WR coach at Tennessee, RB coach at Ole Miss, Southern Miss and LSU. I'll be frank. I don't know what Dawson Odums' buyout is but if I was a decision maker at SU and his buyout was reasonable I'd fire him and hire Frank Wilson. That's if Frank Wilson would take the job. Frank Wilson is tight with Orgeron so there's no doubt that McNeese will be the destination for many LSU players who don't pan out.

transfer portal has killed the hidden transfer pipelines.There wasn’t any swac jobs out there this year to get Wilson. last time he wanted a swac gig was back in 07 when broadway got the job

Interesting.

Interesting.

And, that came from Orgeron. LSU folks wanted Frank back on the staff after this season. But, some other LSU folks were saying they doubt he wants to go back being a position coach/recruiting coordinator. Relationships matter. I believe Orgeron steered Lowell Narcisse to Frank Wilson and UTSA. I remember hearing from an LSU employee decades ago that towards the end of Saban's tenure at LSU he was steering kids who wanted to transfer away from SU because SU wasn't graduating their players. I know some may not like that but that came from a very reliable source. I think it would pay dividends to have a coach at SU with a good relationship with LSU.

And, that came from Orgeron. LSU folks wanted Frank back on the staff after this season. But, some other LSU folks were saying they doubt he wants to go back being a position coach/recruiting coordinator. Relationships matter. I believe Orgeron steered Lowell Narcisse to Frank Wilson and UTSA. I remember hearing from an LSU employee decades ago that towards the end of Saban's tenure at LSU he was steering kids who wanted to transfer away from SU because SU wasn't graduating their players. I know some may not like that but that came from a very reliable source. I think it would pay dividends to have a coach at SU with a good relationship with LSU.
The transfer portal pretty much eliminates coaches steering their transfers to certain schools. Now trhey cannot restrict who the kids talk to. Also, Coach O and Coach O are very close.

The transfer portal pretty much eliminates coaches steering their transfers to certain schools. Now trhey cannot restrict who the kids talk to. Also, Coach O and Coach O are very close.

The transfer portal is there but like I said relationships matter. Why do some of y'all act like these relationships don't matter because of the transfer portal? These kids do take into account who their coaches recommend. Lowell Narcisse said he appreciated Coach O for always being honest with him so he could find other opportunities. And, Narcisse ended up at UTSA with Orgerson's buddy.

The transfer portal is there but like I said relationships matter. Why do some of y'all act like these relationships don't matter because of the transfer portal? These kids do take into account who their coaches recommend. Lowell Narcisse said he appreciated Coach O for always being honest with him so he could find other opportunities. And, Narcisse ended up at UTSA with Orgerson's buddy.
So Narcisse and who else went to UTSA from LSU?

Ok, you forgot mention that one of the most heralded members of there 2018 recruiting class transferred to SU last spring and was a key contributor this season.

I'm just asking a question. No SWAC schools had an opening this year for Frank to apply.

The question was any HBCUs in the title. But, I am of the belief that Odums has hit his ceiling at SU. And, once Frank Wilson became available I would've been trying to get him at SU if I could and get rid of Odums. Odums isn't bad. I just believe Frank Wilson would be dynamite at SU.

The question was any HBCUs in the title. But, I am of the belief that Odums has hit his ceiling at SU. And, once Frank Wilson became available I would've been trying to get him at SU if I could and get rid of Odums. Odums isn't bad. I just believe Frank Wilson would be dynamite at SU.
But he had a losing record at UTSA. Who's to say he will do well at McNeese?

But he had a losing record at UTSA. Who's to say he will do well at McNeese?

McNeese has more of a winning tradition than UTSA and Frank is back in Louisiana where he's revered. UTSA football is only 8 years old. You mean to tell me a Black man who had a Division I head coaching job can't go back to his home state (or any HBCU job) as head coach because he didn't do well at the Division I job?

McNeese has more of a winning tradition than UTSA and Frank is back in Louisiana where he's revered. UTSA football is only 8 years old. You mean to tell me a Black man who had a Division I head coaching job can't go back to his home state (or any HBCU job) as head coach because he didn't do well at the Division I job?
I didn't say he couldn't. But I ain't firing a coach just because he became available.

😏 is LSU graduating there players?

LSU's men's basketball team recorded a score of 86, which is the program's second-highest total in school history, and the football team recorded a score of 71.

The LSU athletic department received a Graduation Success Rate of 89% in the 2018-19 school year, according to NCAA data, which is one percentage point shy of the school's all-time high of 90 in 2017.

LSU's men's basketball team recorded a score of 86, which is the program's second-highest total in school history, and the football team recorded a score of 71.

The LSU athletic department received a Graduation Success Rate of 89% in the 2018-19 school year, according to NCAA data, which is one percentage point shy of the school's all-time high of 90 in 2017.

Now pull Southern graduation percentage in those exact sports you posted.

Back