Former Texas Southern Band Student Claimed He Was Hazed

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
This is fact. What I don't understand is these same freshman, crabs, or scrubs (whatever your band call them) be the main ones after the newcomers whenever they become an upperclassmen.

Now, I'm not for hazing, but I am for motivation and if you can't take the heat, then you don't belong in the kitchen even tho you're an old head.

Couldn't agree more Mr. Phreeze!!! After about 99, the freshmen started snitching when you sneeze hard around them!!! They freakin whine too much for me.......Now, I won't lie, some of these oldheads don't know how to make a limit to "Motivating".....But for the most part, i think that you should have a "quest" to earn your upperclassman status. It does three positive things in the results:

1) created unity amongst your crab bros and sisters
2) makes you learn a lot about yourself
3) keeps section pride

....If you can't take it, JUST GET OUT THE BAND!, because if you snitch and stay in tha band, no one will have respect for you....

The worst part is that Marines, Army, Navy Seals go through it everyday and dare someone to snitch that they were hazed, you'll come up missing and never be heard from again....

Originally posted by LadyLuck13
Couldn't agree more Mr. Phreeze!!! After about 99, the freshmen started snitching when you sneeze hard around them

I second that... Back in 99 was a awful year for band pride. At a certain school a certain individual in a certain meeting with the crabs and the band directors gave names of upperclassmen that was "motivating" the section. In addition to that he pointed at the crabs in the and said, and I quote..."Raise your hand you know he hit you. Dont be affraid." The bad thing about it he was a good player. He didnt wont to "humble" himself.

<b>"Dont nobody walk through this section..."</b> :redhot:
I sho in hell didnt.

I think that individual transfered to UAPB. I think he is from Memphis too. His nickname is a cartoon character. Like a dog.

Now why did I go and bring that back up...

Sorry bringing back bad memories... :(

crabs

i feel that all crabs in every university need to get done like every body else was done cause in 01 we really found out what a crab was. these carbs today think that this is high school and they can do and say what they wont. that ***** should have hit that ***** back cause he was not in the band any way so he let that **** happen. *****s need to be a man and stand up for there self instead of telling on a band that had nothing to do with what happen that day in the band room. that was the first week of band and oldheads did not come to the next week so what that tell you that ***** was a punk that let someone walk up and say i'm in the band let me hit you just cause you are a crab. now how does that sounds if it was a real man that got hit he would have hit that ***** back then called it a day what do you think.

Back