Former Grambling football assistant reacts to firing of Broderick Fobbs: ‘Good luck trying to fill those shoes’

There’s been. a faction of naysayers towards Fobbs from the day he was hired. Unfortunately it seems our President joined in with them.

Man Fobbs has had some troubles with Administration but he knew when Dr. Scott was hired he was on the clock. Ponton wasn’t going to pull the trigger and we all knew that. Fobbs and staff have run off numerous players who were All-SWAC caliber and didn’t replace them with better talent. He went out hired the worst offense coordinator in the FCS in Eric Marty. Who’s fault is that? He can’t motivate our player they constantly look defeated on the sideline who’s fault is that? Our defense can’t get off the field on 3rd down who’s fault is that? Fobbs failed as a coach. He won and lost with the same facility’s he had in 2016 and 2017. The truth is he got lazy in recruiting and didn’t develop players or coaches. Lastly he said we werent a good football team who’s fault was that? His time is up and we wish him well.

Man Fobbs has had some troubles with Administration but he knew when Dr. Scott was hired he was on the clock. Ponton wasn’t going to pull the trigger and we all knew that. Fobbs and staff have run off numerous players who were All-SWAC caliber and didn’t replace them with better talent. He went out hired the worst offense coordinator in the FCS in Eric Marty. Who’s fault is that? He can’t motivate our player they constantly look defeated on the sideline who’s fault is that? Our defense can’t get off the field on 3rd down who’s fault is that? Fobbs failed as a coach. He won and lost with the same facility’s he had in 2016 and 2017. The truth is he got lazy in recruiting and didn’t develop players or coaches. Lastly he said we werent a good football team who’s fault was that? His time is up and we wish him well.
Now that he is gone what is your plan for the next HC? I agree Marty was terrible hire I’m sure he can go back to Cali and call plays. But I just wonder what’s next for the new HC cause if you look around the league those that are consistent winners schools have committed to their programs. PV, FAMU,JSU etc.

Now that he is gone what is your plan for the next HC? I agree Marty was terrible hire I’m sure he can go back to Cali and call plays. But I just wonder what’s next for the new HC cause if you look around the league those that are consistent winners schools have committed to their programs. PV, FAMU,JSU etc.

To be honest have a few names but I doubt they even get interviews. I will have faith in Dr. Scott to get this right or he will be the next person shown the door. I am going to keep supporting.

In the history of college football, few if any, have been more consistent in winning championships as the Icon of BCF! Winning is simply in our DNA.

Icon Gram has never gone more than six years without a SWAC title since we joined the league in 1959. This is the stored Grambling legacy. We will be fine and we finally did what had to be done in removing Fobbs.

I am impressed with Dr. Scott as removing Fobbs before the BC is symbolic of the urgency to restore our name.

Thank you for reminding me of this hire that was touted as a genius hire by many on Facebook

They will be filled....winning makes all this noise go away. Just win baby...no more whining, complaining and excuses. Just win!!!!!

You have no clue

You really have no clue. 1. Grambling does not have the money to do anything! This answers all of your questions. So, to fire Fobbs now, brings some serious questions to the table. I'll leave it right there.

You really have no clue. 1. Grambling does not have the money to do anything! This answers all of your questions. So, to fire Fobbs now, brings some serious questions to the table. I'll leave it right there.
They had enough money to fire Fobbs and pay off his salary per his contract. We all know Fobbs was your buddy but he is gone now let’s get behind whoever is the new coach.

Back