Former Grambling football assistant reacts to firing of Broderick Fobbs: ‘Good luck trying to fill those shoes’

Ummm. There's only one name on that list that I'd consider...and I'd almost doubt he'd take the gig. ALMOST doubt....

Fobbs is a great guy but Mike Armstrong is one of the reason we are in this predicament. Myself and countless alums sent him emails with players who were interested in Grambling and never heard a peep from him. Some these players ended up being all conference players in FBS and FCS conferences.

I agree Mr Armstrong!! Good luck trying to fill those shoes. Let's see what Kendrick and Kenn Rashad has to say about all this on their podcast before jumping to conclusions though.

I agree Mr Armstrong!! Good luck trying to fill those shoes. Let's see what Kendrick and Kenn Rashad has to say about all this on their podcast before jumping to conclusions though.
No podcast needed. Armstrong is correct.

The very thing that Grambling is known for more than anything else is the very thing that the school abuses more than anything else...football.

No podcast needed. Armstrong is correct.

The very thing that Grambling is known for more than anything else is the very thing that the school abuses more than anything else...football.
Awe come on baby *scratches neck* i need some more of that content… don’t let the hall of greatness foot oppress you Ken I know you have a strong opinion as The Godfather of Grambling … you was paying your dues way before Fobbs was thought about. Come on Kenn the swac world wants to hear from you 🥺 please sir… more content lol

Where yall trying to tell him how to do HIS job or just referring a kid who you all wanted him to look into?

Beans.....if a university is cash strapped to the point where football recruiters are using personal funds to fund their recruiting trips. Furthermore, this is the very same individual who complained about the budget....refuses to receive help by alumni coaches. One of the reasons he left was because of the difficulty with recruiting...so he blocks alumni coaches who are sending players his way to help. That's counter productive as hell and you know it.

No not telling him how to do his job but hey if a high school coach is referring you players then why in same hell would you block them?

I might be a little late to this but when my bulldogs played down there I traveled to see the G and I must say this is the same facility that was in place when my son played down there in 2011. So if some of you are saying you was sending recruits to the staff what is that going to do if you still have the same facility since 2011. And that’s being generous because that facility has been there a while. The refs was getting dressed in position meeting rooms which looks awful. Although I don’t like Bama State cause I’m a die hard Dawg. I hope they at least make Fobbs tell them no because they have a really good setup in Montgomery. Everything that all these schools complain about them and PV has that in place already. Nice stadium, locker room, weight room, etc. Bama State and PV is a goldmine. But the dude had done all he could at Grambling. Everybody talks about the Covid year when UAPB and the bulldogs are doing not so good this year. Hell even jackson state played bad. This season was his only losing season of his tenure. Going 6-5 and some swac schools will get you a raise and extension. Instead of sending players did y’all send checks to help with upgrades or y’all just complaining cause y’all wanted him to offer a kid with 20 FBS offers that wasn’t gonna come anyways? Or better yet a kid that can’t play but wanted him to waste a scholarship on them? Which one? I’ll wait cause this happens all over the swac

The Fobbs File:
Grambling hires Fobbs after having back to back 1 win seasons (2012 1-10 & 2013 1-11) powered by releasing a previous All-SWAC QB through apparent nepotism.
2014 7-5 (7-2)
2015 9-3 (9-0) SWAC West Champion
2016 12-1 (9-0)SWAC West Champion, Conference Champions, HBCU Nat'l Champions
2017 11-2 (8-0) SWAC West Champion, Conference Champions

2018 6-5 (5-3)
2019 6-5 (4-3)
2020-Covid Season 0-4
2021-in progress 3-7 (2-5)

Last edited:
The Fobbs File:
Grambling hires Fobbs after having back to back 1 win seasons (2012 1-10 & 2013 1-11) powered by releasing a previous All-SWAC QB through apparent nepotism.
2014 7-5 (7-2)
2015 9-3 (9-0) SWAC West Champion
2016 12-1 (9-0)SWAC West Champion, Conference Champions, HBCU Nat'l Champions
2017 11-2 (8-0) SWAC West Champion, Conference Champions

2018 6-5 (5-3)
2019 6-5 (4-3)
2020-Covid Season 0-4
2021-in progress 3-7 (2-5)
Bama state would be a fool not to go all in on this man. Heck one bad season in all those years I would definitely take those chances. Power that with the facilities already in place and you will be cooking with gas. The East with JSU, FAMU, Bulldogs, would make some parody for sure.

Back