Foot Detox or Colon Hydrotherapy?

So how did the foot detox make you feel?

Oh and what is the CH series?
I went Saturday morning - I went into the detox room where the lights were out beyond a little lamp, some relaxing ocean music was playing and there was this little tub of water w/a machine in it (kinda reminded me of a smoke machine.) The cord led to a suitcase looking machine that had all types of needle indicators on it. He left me alone & I put my feet in for 45 minutes. It's very relaxing and my water turned reddish brown. The lady came in & said my water looked good (some have been black/green etc.) She then put one foot at a time in her lap & massaged it and I left. I really didn't feel a change, but was glad I'd had it done. Next month, I'm starting my 1st of 3 colon hydrotherapy sessions. I'm told everyone that has that feels OH SO GOOD! Between now & the CH, I'ma have a swedish massage.

How can toxins be released through the feet? I thought that was the purpose of the liver?
She said something about sea salt and the electric something or other and it causes toxins to be released through the feet. Your feet feel kinda raw (sorta how your gums feel if you gargle with salt water a few times a day when you have a soar throat.)

I can give you a Decatur Massage anytime you need it :swink::swink::swink:
Hmph, can you make that a JACKSON massage? No out of town massages! :pimp:

How can toxins be released through the feet? I thought that was the purpose of the liver?

That is the purpose of the liver. The body already has a detoxification system involving the liver, kidney, etc, that filters out harmful products on a daily basis. There are no shortcuts to a healthy life, and no substitutes for eating a balanced diet and regular exercise. There is no medical benefit to either of these procedures, and in the case of colon hydrotherapy, a host of health risks.

She said something about sea salt and the electric something or other and it causes toxins to be released through the feet. Your feet feel kinda raw (sorta how your gums feel if you gargle with salt water a few times a day when you have a soar throat.)

Actually, it's just the current passing through the salt water which causes the metal electrodes to corrode. In other words, you were just soaking your feet in rusty water. There was an article in a British newspaper a few years ago demonstrating just that, I'll have to see if I can find it.

Both are effective. In Japan both are highly practiced.

I've done both. The colonic brings it in the grossest form while the foot detox just hints at it in the mild form.

That is the purpose of the liver. The body already has a detoxification system involving the liver, kidney, etc, that filters out harmful products on a daily basis. There are no shortcuts to a healthy life, and no substitutes for eating a balanced diet and regular exercise. There is no medical benefit to either of these procedures, and in the case of colon hydrotherapy, a host of health risks.

JN99, a balanced diet is very important, however, most people don't have a balanced diet, so this is something they can do to help rectify years and years of eating the wrong foods.
In regards to colon hydrotherapy not being beneficial, I would like to know where you got that information from.
It's much more beneficial than enemas, which hospitals use on a frequent basis.
It's very cheap and has long lasting effects, with little to no side effects. It clears clogged up fecal matter from the intestines. It assists in ridding the body of constipation. It allows for proper food digestion and bowel movement regularity. It obviously reduces colon cancer because it cleans the large intestines of built up fecal matter and it cleans the colon as well. This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
I can say these things because this is what it's done for me. As a matter of fact, I'm overdue for another one.

Doctors tend to advocate enemas, but enemas are not as effective and can range in the hundreds of dollars, while colon hydrotherapy in some cases, costs only 50-60 dollars per session.

Of course mainstream medical doctors will not advocate the (CH) procedure because it's cheap and effective, but doctors will advocate enemas, surgery and medications which costs much more than colon hydrotherapy and brings with it, negative side effects.

Each person must educate him/herself and go from there. Don't always believe what the man in the "white coat" tells you.

JN99, a balanced diet is very important, however, most people don't have a balanced diet, so this is something they can do to help rectify years and years of eating the wrong foods.
In regards to colon hydrotherapy not being beneficial, I would like to know where you got that information from.
It's very cheap and has long lasting effects, with little to no side effects. It clears clogged up fecal matter from the intestines. It assists in ridding the body of constipation. It allows for proper food digestion and bowel movement regularity. It obviously reduces colon cancer because it cleans the large intestines of built up fecal matter and it cleans the colon as well. This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
I can say these things because this is what it's done for me. As a matter of fact, I'm overdue for another one.

Doctors tend to advocate enemas, but enemas are not as effective and can range in the hundreds of dollars, while colon hydrotherapy in some cases, costs only 50-60 dollars per session.

Of course mainstream medical doctors will not advocate the (CH) procedure because it's cheap and effective, but doctors will advocate enemas, surgery and medications which costs much more than colon hydrotherapy and brings with it, negative side effects.

Each person must educate him/herself and go from there. Don't always believe what the man in the "white coat" tells you.

You forgot one thing:Environmental factors. All of what you said is true, but the environmental factors affect the food that we eat and the air that we breath and they change from season to season. Combine that with the food that we eat (rightly or wrongly) and you can be clogged.

You forgot one thing:Environmental factors. All of what you said is true, but the environmental factors affect the food that we eat and the air that we breath and they change from season to season. Combine that with the food that we eat (rightly or wrongly) and you can be clogged.

True. This is why I said what I said about colon hydrotherapy. (CH) helps remove built up and clogged feces from the intestinal walls and colon.

CH is much like STP oil and gas treatment. STP helps remove excess gas and oil gunk from engine lines in our cars, thus allowing gas and oil to freely flow. CH removes excess gunk from our colon walls and intestinal walls, thus allowing proper bowel movement and bowel excretion without buildup, which in turn, can aid in preventing colon cancer.

True. This is why I said what I said about colon hydrotherapy. (CH) helps remove built up and clogged feces from the intestinal walls and colon.

CH is much like STP oil and gas treatment. STP helps remove excess gas and oil gunk from engine lines in our cars, thus allowing gas and oil to freely flow. CH removes excess gunk from our colon walls and intestinal walls, thus allowing proper bowel movement and bowel excretion without buildup, which in turn can lead to colon cancer.

Yes, but I was tacking the balanced meal part. Even if you eat a balanced meal (highly unlikly in this country), the environmental factors will sneak in no matter what. So CH aids in its addressing the areas of elimination (colon, pores, kidneys, liver etc). That plus herbals help big time.

Yes, but I was tacking the balanced meal part. Even if you eat a balanced meal (highly unlikly in this country), the environmental factors will sneak in no matter what. So CH aids in its addressing the areas of elimination (colon, pores, kidneys, liver etc). That plus herbals help big time.

I totally agree.

I would still like to know why JN99 says that colon hydrotherapy has no benefits.

If he's a doctor of conventional medicine, it would probably be the same as most doctors of conventional medicine speak agains colonic hydrotherapy on the basis of more water going in and less waste coming out.

I had the colon hydrotherapy this morning. Lord, God, Almighty....... Don't ask; I'm NOT telling. It must be experienced. Cleanse....

I had the colon hydrotherapy this morning. Lord, God, Almighty....... Don't ask; I'm NOT telling. It must be experienced. Cleanse....

More because of what you see leaving you and knowing that how long it's been there when it should've been long gone in the first place.

How did you feel after the colon hydrotherapy? I want to have a colon hydrotherapy, but I don't want nothing going in my rectum. Was it painful?

I feel good today. I recommend you have the colon hydrotherapy. You're supposed to do them back to back for at least 3 wks. This wk I'm going and having a MASSAGE..... next wk I'm booked for a pedicure. By then I'll hopefully be ready to book another one.

I totally agree.

I would still like to know why JN99 says that colon hydrotherapy has no benefits.

I guess the short answer is that I have a good enough understanding of biology to know that most of the claims of the detox industry are ridiculous, and mostly based on the theory of autoinduction that was debunked a century ago. Things like people having pounds of undigested meat (when vegetables and nuts are actually harder to digest) or fecal matter impacting their bowels (when less than a pound would cause massive pain and rectal bleeding), or substances crusting over in the colon, or something utterly foolish as "toxins" being released in the feet. The body already has a detoxification system that handles pretty much anything a person can encounter, including "environmental factors", and the colon is a dynamic organ that already cleanses itself. As I said before, there are no shortcuts, colon health is influenced far more by diet than anything else. The only things those therapies cleanse is a person of their money.

I guess the short answer is that I have a good enough understanding of biology to know that most of the claims of the detox industry are ridiculous, and mostly based on the theory of autoinduction that was debunked a century ago. Things like people having pounds of undigested meat (when vegetables and nuts are actually harder to digest) or fecal matter impacting their bowels (when less than a pound would cause massive pain and rectal bleeding), or substances crusting over in the colon, or something utterly foolish as "toxins" being released in the feet. The body already has a detoxification system that handles pretty much anything a person can encounter, including "environmental factors", and the colon is a dynamic organ that already cleanses itself. As I said before, there are no shortcuts, colon health is influenced far more by diet than anything else. The only things those therapies cleanse is a person of their money.

In hospitals, doctors may recommend colon cleansing in preparation for a medical examination of the colon? If it was such a danger, why recommend it in the first place? Oh, it's not a money maker.

Hospitals offer enemas, when there are constipation issues.
Hospital enemas cost more than 2 or 300 dollars.

Colon cancer is the second leading cancer causing death, behind lung cancer? Colon cleansing prevents colon cancer because it allows the toxins to be excreted using what? Water.

On a personal note, before my last colon cleanse, bowel movement was maybe once every two to three days. After the colon cleanse, once or twice per day and I felt MUCH better. No more bloating and no gas, less lethargic. Just my personal experience.
By the way, the colon cleanse cost less than 60 dollars, so I didn't lose much at all.

According to the study below, an increased bowel movement is consistent with a decrease in colorectal and colon cancer. Ridding the colon of waste material is very important in preventing colon cancer.

http://www.ghchealth.com/increased-bowel-movements-help-prevent-cancer.html

Bowel movement frequency and risk of colorectal cancer in a large cohort study of Japanese men and women.
Kojima M, Wakai K, Tokudome S, Tamakoshi K, Toyoshima H, Watanabe Y, Hayakawa N, Suzuki K, Hashimoto S, Ito Y, Tamakoshi A; JACC Study Group.

Department of Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan. masayok@med.nagoya-cu.ac.jp

The relationship between bowel movement (BM) frequency and the risk of colorectal cancer was examined in a large cohort of 25 731 men and 37 198 women living in 24 communities in Japan. At enrollment, each participant completed a self-administrated questionnaire on BM frequency and laxative use. Incidence rate ratios (IRR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI) were estimated using Cox's proportional-hazard model. During the follow-up period (average length 7.6 years), 649 cases of colorectal cancer, including 429 cases of colon cancer, were identified. Among women, subjects who reported a BM every 2-3 days had the lowest risk of developing colorectal (IRR=0.71, 95% CI=0.52-0.97) and colon cancer (IRR=0.70, 95% CI=0.49-1.00), whereas those reporting a BM every 6 days or less had an increased risk of developing colorectal (IRR=2.47, 95% CI=1.01-6.01) and colon cancer (IRR=2.52, 95% CI=0.93-6.82) compared with those reporting >or=1 BM per day. A similar, but nonsignificant, association between the frequency of BM and cancer risk was observed in men. There was no association between colorectal or colon cancer risk and laxative use. Regulating BM frequency might therefore have a role in the prevention of colorectal cancer.

Another insightful article:

http://www.tldp.com/issue/11_00/mjr.htm

Medical Journalist Report

Value of Colon Hydrotherapy Verified by Medical Professionals

by Morton Walker, DPM

?Copyright 2000 by Dr. Morton Walker

From the signal stage of history surrounding ancient Egypt, practices of colon hydrotherapy in their most basic form ? enemas or clysters ? have provided people with internal cleansings adjunctive to their personal external hygiene. The Ebers Papyrus, from the 14th century B.C. prescribes internal cleansing for no less than twenty stomach and intestinal complaints.1

But in the modern era it fell to J. H. Kellogg, MD, of Battle Creek, Michigan, famous for his invention of corn flakes and various techniques of good hygiene, to popularize colon hydrotherapy. This happened from Dr. Kellogg?s publication of his article in the Journal of the American Medical Association praising the procedure?s efficacy for saving a dysfunctional large bowel.2

That descriptive article was the impetus for advancement of a highly beneficial therapeutic method which has since flourished and found medical recognition among enlightened health professionals in Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and North America. Enthusiastic expressions of approval for colon hydrotherapy are undeniable medical endorsements for this significant complementary treatment which removes metabolic waste from the large bowel without applying toxic agents of any kind.....cont'd

In hospitals, doctors may recommend colon cleansing in preparation for a medical examination of the colon? If it was such a danger, why recommend it in the first place? Oh, it's not a money maker.

Hospitals offer enemas, when there are constipation issues.
Hospital enemas cost more than 2 or 300 dollars.

Colon cancer is the second leading cancer causing death, behind lung cancer? Colon cleansing prevents colon cancer because it allows the toxins to be excreted using what? Water.

On a personal note, before my last colon cleanse, bowel movement was maybe once every two to three days. After the colon cleanse, once or twice per day and I felt MUCH better. No more bloating and no gas, less lethargic. Just my personal experience.
By the way, the colon cleanse cost less than 60 dollars, so I didn't lose much at all.

According to the study below, an increased bowel movement is consistent with a decrease in colorectal and colon cancer. Ridding the colon of waste material is very important in preventing colon cancer.

http://www.ghchealth.com/increased-bowel-movements-help-prevent-cancer.html

Bowel movement frequency and risk of colorectal cancer in a large cohort study of Japanese men and women.
Kojima M, Wakai K, Tokudome S, Tamakoshi K, Toyoshima H, Watanabe Y, Hayakawa N, Suzuki K, Hashimoto S, Ito Y, Tamakoshi A; JACC Study Group.

Department of Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan. masayok@med.nagoya-cu.ac.jp

The relationship between bowel movement (BM) frequency and the risk of colorectal cancer was examined in a large cohort of 25 731 men and 37 198 women living in 24 communities in Japan. At enrollment, each participant completed a self-administrated questionnaire on BM frequency and laxative use. Incidence rate ratios (IRR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI) were estimated using Cox's proportional-hazard model. During the follow-up period (average length 7.6 years), 649 cases of colorectal cancer, including 429 cases of colon cancer, were identified. Among women, subjects who reported a BM every 2-3 days had the lowest risk of developing colorectal (IRR=0.71, 95% CI=0.52-0.97) and colon cancer (IRR=0.70, 95% CI=0.49-1.00), whereas those reporting a BM every 6 days or less had an increased risk of developing colorectal (IRR=2.47, 95% CI=1.01-6.01) and colon cancer (IRR=2.52, 95% CI=0.93-6.82) compared with those reporting >or=1 BM per day. A similar, but nonsignificant, association between the frequency of BM and cancer risk was observed in men. There was no association between colorectal or colon cancer risk and laxative use. Regulating BM frequency might therefore have a role in the prevention of colorectal cancer.

Another insightful article:

Medical Journalist Report

Value of Colon Hydrotherapy Verified by Medical Professionals

by Morton Walker, DPM

?Copyright 2000 by Dr. Morton Walker

From the signal stage of history surrounding ancient Egypt, practices of colon hydrotherapy in their most basic form ? enemas or clysters ? have provided people with internal cleansings adjunctive to their personal external hygiene. The Ebers Papyrus, from the 14th century B.C. prescribes internal cleansing for no less than twenty stomach and intestinal complaints.1

But in the modern era it fell to J. H. Kellogg, MD, of Battle Creek, Michigan, famous for his invention of corn flakes and various techniques of good hygiene, to popularize colon hydrotherapy. This happened from Dr. Kellogg?s publication of his article in the Journal of the American Medical Association praising the procedure?s efficacy for saving a dysfunctional large bowel.2

That descriptive article was the impetus for advancement of a highly beneficial therapeutic method which has since flourished and found medical recognition among enlightened health professionals in Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and North America. Enthusiastic expressions of approval for colon hydrotherapy are undeniable medical endorsements for this significant complementary treatment which removes metabolic waste from the large bowel without applying toxic agents of any kind.....cont'd

As far as the first article goes, it makes a case for an association of the frequency of bowel movements and colorectal cancer. However, it says nothing about cleaning the colon, and there is no evidence that colon hydrotherapy increases the frequency of bowel movements. Other studies, both before and since, have not reproduced this association. As far as the second article, that paper is from 1917, hardly the "modern" era of science, and again based on the theory of autoinduction, written by a guy who thought that circumcision with no anesthesia was a perfectly fine way to "cure" boys of masturbation, and has long been debunked as junk science.

Back