Food prices push millions into poverty

I love almond milk...keeps some in my fridge and that's what I eat cereal with too. It's an acquired taste for some though, my son doesn't like it...but I buy 1 or 2% for him.

here another one for your son.

if you ever catch chocolate soy milk on sale buy it!

place 12 ounces of soy milk, half couple of oatmeal (raw) two table spoon of peanut butter and a handful of almonds in a blender. Take it out and put it in the fridge for awhile.

you just made a reese peanut butter smoothie!

I eat nothing in a can. I eat home cook meals at least six times a week. I eat vegetables with every meal. I eat fruits. Fast food is junk fuel. It does nothing for your body. The only time I eat it is when I am traveling some where outside of Huntsville. Eating right is a life style. I only eat baked and grilled foods, fish and chicken and rarely eat fried foods. I even bake all the bass, cat fish and stripe bass I catch. Don't care for beef nor pork, but I love wild game which better than that store stuff like deer and rabbit.

I need to find a wild game connection!

The problem with this is I can't each all the sodium in the chicken and soups. Those chickens are loaded with salt and so are the soups. Even the healthy ones.

Yeah, it can be a bit of a catch 22- they have low sodium cans, but the calories are higher.....the low calorie cans have higher sodium. :smh:

I eat fruit, appels, bannanas,oranges, grapes, emerald almonds/walnuts(100 calorie snacks) and low sodium V8 for breakfast. I can do that for about 10 dollars a week.

For lunch I try to bring my lunch and eat lean cusine low cal lunches with fruit, steamed veggie packs etc with vitamin water.

For dinner we buy bulk chicken breast and talapia and steam veggies and cook that through the weak. We add one stretch meal in there. Turkey spaghetti or chicken pasta.

It's expensive feeding 5 folks. Add in lunch,daycare, and snack for the baby...Sheesh..

Again leave the canned veggies,beans alone. Go frozen. Most are just as cheap in the store brands.

And clip coupons, and use all the store savings you can.

I can get with that. :nod: :tup: And yeah, I stopped doing canned veggies- except the occassional canned corn (I pour the juice out) if I don't feel like shuckin fresh corn. :lol:

Yeah, it can be a bit of a catch 22- they have low sodium cans, but the calories are higher.....the low calorie cans have higher sodium. :smh:

I can get with that. :nod: :tup: And yeah, I stopped doing canned veggies- except the occassional canned corn (I pour the juice out) if I don't feel like shuckin fresh corn. :lol:

You can get frozen corn too. Birds eye and Great value at Wally World. I like corn with spaghetti. And old school days mix up..LOL

And like Delock I need that protein...LOL

here another one for your son.

if you ever catch chocolate soy milk on sale buy it!

place 12 ounces of soy milk, half couple of oatmeal (raw) two table spoon of peanut butter and a handful of almonds in a blender. Take it out and put it in the fridge for awhile.

you just made a reese peanut butter smoothie!

He will not eat that and neither will I...I don't do smoothies anyway. :vomit:

You don't understand...my child is a picky eater...he's a big eater, but doesn't eat a large variety of foods. He will literally NOT eat, if it's something he doesn't want. I have a serious challenge on my hands with him...his doctor always thought and said he would grow out of it. Well, it hasn't happened yet...he does eat a little more now, but it's like an act of congress to get him to try new things.

Meatless Monday... Good way to start the week, and very inexpensive... :tup:

Enjoy that honey...I can't/won't do meatless nothing. Must have my meat! I had baked chicken breasts cut up in a salad today for lunch & I'll be working out tonight.

He will not eat that and neither will I...I don't do smoothies anyway. :vomit:

You don't understand...my child is a picky eater...he's a big eater, but doesn't eat a large variety of foods. He will literally NOT eat, if it's something he doesn't want. I have a serious challenge on my hands with him...his doctor always thought and said he would grow out of it. Well, it hasn't happened yet...he does eat a little more now, but it's like an act of congress to get him to try new things.

I was the same way... I started to grow out of it in high school. To this day I still won't eat corn, though.

p_pizza_ital.jpg

Was my dinner last night!!! Delicious!!

Back