Florida A&M athletic director makes ‘push’ for FCS playoff berth; suggests expanded Celebration Bowl

SWAC fans are complaining about more potential exposure in the postseason...crab in a barrel mentality is strong

With that said, I just don’t see an at-large bid happening. IF FAMU was to finish 9-2, the only quality game to point at would be JSU. Hell, with some solid QB play from FAMU, and Deion Sanders would be making the same plea. And JSU fans would gobble it up and start making “We wanna go to THEE playoffs” signs

I personally think it's a bit early. Shit, they still have us, Southern, and BCU on the slate. They will likely be considered the favorites to win those games, but there is nothing to indicate those wins are automatic.
You’re absolutely correct. Nothing is guaranteed and Grambling is a team to watch...especially with that opportunistic defense.

However, I think this all about posturing just in case FAMU does finish 9-2. The AD is very deliberate about keeping FAMU’s name in conversations. His job is to sell the program. It’s bold...it’s tactical

Crabs don’t live in barrels. I wish no one ever came up with that phrase. It’s lazy. It can be applied to almost every dispute (even when there isn’t really one) by both sides. Some external force is almost always trying to hold US down, back, whatever. Move in silence. Just do you and if doing you becomes popular. The people will follow. We don’t need a play by play dissertation. You don’t need societal acceptance if your path is as righteous as your self righteous attitude. Die on your cross over ——————-> there.

Last edited:
You ain't got to lie to kick it. Deion didn't even know HBCUs had a bowl game at first. He was too busy trying to appeal to the FBS folks.
No lies told. You Got it WRONG. You jumped the gun sir. Clearly he knew about the celebration bowl. You were so thirsty to post a story you took it and ran with it and ended up well..we all know how that went 😆. But go right ahead and " double down" on your incorrect assessment.

You ain't got to lie to kick it. Deion didn't even know HBCUs had a bowl game at first. He was too busy trying to appeal to the FBS folks.

How could he not know about it and it’s in his contract that he had to sign BEFORE he even made that statement? Make it make sense.

He explained his stance, if you missed it that’s on you. Or maybe you chose to ignore it like you do everything else that doesn’t fit your narrative 😂

How could he not know about it and it’s in his contract that he had to sign BEFORE he even made that statement? Make it make sense.

He explained his stance, if you missed it that’s on you. Or maybe you chose to ignore it like you do everything else that doesn’t fit your narrative 😂
😆 you can't make it make sense and neither can I lol

Coach Prime didn't want us settling for just 1 bowl game back in December but these folks tried to make it something it wasn't 🤣😂. Happy Saturday lol
No, he simply didn't have a clue on what he was talking about. But he learned.

Crabs don’t live in barrels. I wish no one ever came up with that phrase. It’s lazy. It can be applied to almost every dispute (even when there isn’t really one) by both sides. Some external force is almost always trying to hold US down, back, whatever. Move in silence. Just do you and if doing you becomes popular. The people will follow. We don’t need a play by play dissertation. You don’t need societal acceptance if your path is as righteous as your self righteous attitude. Die on your cross over ——————-> there.

Blah blah blah...whether you like it or not, FAMU is and will be a member of the SWAC. It doesn’t effect Grambling or anyone else in the conference, so why get butt hurt when the AD of a school you’re not attached to, pushes for something to the benefit of the school he works for?

You’re absolutely correct. Nothing is guaranteed and Grambling is a team to watch...especially with that opportunistic defense.

However, I think this all about posturing just in case FAMU does finish 9-2. The AD is very deliberate about keeping FAMU’s name in conversations. His job is to sell the program. It’s bold...it’s tactical
I understand the AD making a case for his program, but there is a part of me that believes that if FAMU wins out, they would already have the attention of the committee.

I understand the AD making a case for his program, but there is a part of me that believes that if FAMU wins out, they would already have the attention of the committee.
I would hope so. However, I just don’t think it happens. TBH, I don’t even think the admin was thinking about the playoffs until a column in the Tallahassee paper was published urging FAMU to prepare for the possibility.

However, if there’s one thing to learn about this AD, he’s going to push his narrative and try to get the spotlight to shine on him and whatever institution he’s at.

Blah blah blah...whether you like it or not, FAMU is and will be a member of the SWAC. It doesn’t effect Grambling or anyone else in the conference, so why get butt hurt when the AD of a school you’re not attached to, pushes for something to the benefit of the school he works for?
FAMU is in the SWAC? Really? Mind blowing.
Just X out all the crying about what crabs think.
Go to the playoffs. We will support you.
Sheeeeeeeeeessssssh

I would hope so. However, I just don’t think it happens. TBH, I don’t even think the admin was thinking about the playoffs until a column in the Tallahassee paper was published urging FAMU to prepare for the possibility.

However, if there’s one thing to learn about this AD, he’s going to push his narrative and try to get the spotlight to shine on him and whatever institution he’s at.
Isn't that his responsibility? Although it may be unwarranted but simply to try to push one's athletic dept to the forefront for competition and notoriety?

I am SO with you on this. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who is sick of that damn phrase.

FAMU has no other win or game against a quality team. All they have is game with JSU

The issue with another bowl is 2 fold.

1. Need the NCAA to grant another wavier which shouldnt be hard.

2. Find a location and sponser and secure a TV deal. Then the question becomes , who will play in it

FAMU, I get it, but why send y’all to get bumped right back to Tallahassee round one. Your QB is very suspect , and you all need blow out wins to pass the eye test. So far, you look like a classic SWAC team having a “Good year” not a great year that makes you say wow that teams a playoff team. Valley and A&M performances kinda took some steam away from y’all. Y’all would need to pull a jsu at A&M level of dominance these next few games for the committee to bat an eye and you guys aren’t ranked but 32 right now.

Back