Florida A&M athletic director makes ‘push’ for FCS playoff berth; suggests expanded Celebration Bowl

FAMU, I get it, but why send y’all to get bumped right back to Tallahassee round one. Your QB is very suspect , and you all need blow out wins to pass the eye test. So far, you look like a classic SWAC team having a “Good year” not a great year that makes you say wow that teams a playoff team. Valley and A&M performances kinda took some steam away from y’all. Y’all would need to pull a jsu at A&M level of dominance these next few games for the committee to bat an eye and you guys aren’t ranked but 32 right now.
It is called audience. Each time you get positive national exposure it’s good. We understand this which helps with recruitment of top students and athletes. 👌

It is called audience. Each time you get positive national exposure it’s good. We understand this which helps with recruitment of top students and athletes. 👌
So, that's how yall do yall recruiting? By crying and shouting out crazy crap about playoffs? Hoping that a top recruit looks at ya?

Damn, and I thought winning does that. Oh well, to each their own.

Through Games OCT. 25, 2021
View attachment 13728
View attachment 13729

View attachment 13730

Thank you for posting this. It's Prairie View with the resume to make a push for an at-large not FAMU who thinks they can come to the SWAC with the "smartest person in the room" attitude when, as others have pointed out, it makes you look like whiners looking for white approval. With everything equal, 8-9 wins would get you a serious look but since we know the FCS Playoff Committee has an anti-HBCU bias, 8-9 wins with THAT resume aint gonna cut it. PV actually scheduled a FCS PWI and won (w1-1). Of course PV still has their sights on the SCG but if they lose to Alcorn, the playoffs would be a consolation prize (although their chances are slim to none even if ranked going off the latest projections)

Thank you for posting this. It's Prairie View with the resume to make a push for an at-large not FAMU who thinks they can come to the SWAC with the "smartest person in the room" attitude when, as others have pointed out, it makes you look like whiners looking for white approval. With everything equal, 8-9 wins would get you a serious look but since we know the FCS Playoff Committee has an anti-HBCU bias, 8-9 wins with THAT resume aint gonna cut it. PV actually scheduled a FCS PWI and won (w1-1). Of course PV still has their sights on the SCG but if they lose to Alcorn, the playoffs would be a consolation prize (although their chances are slim to none even if ranked going off the latest projections)
The problem with PV ( as well as MVSU) is that both schools eliminated any chance of getting an at-large bid because, for some reason, scheduled the final home game on the same date as the first round of the playoffs.

Now, Alabama State, Grambling and Southern (for traditional reasons) have always made the conscientious decision to schedule their final games the same week as the playoffs, but why would PV and Valley do this?

The problem with PV ( as well as MVSU) is that both schools eliminated any chance of getting an at-large bid because, for some reason, scheduled the final home game on the same date as the first round of the playoffs.

Now, Alabama State, Grambling and Southern (for traditional reasons) have always made the conscientious decision to schedule their final games the same week as the playoffs, but why would PV and Valley do this?

The only common open date between the two was 11/20. Prairie View already had a game scheduled that day (@ aTm) prior to the SWAC schedule being released.

I don't see the issue with FAMU's Athletic Administration promoting themselves for an At-large bid if they can't make the SWAC Championship. Why can't we as a conference support that instead of coming up with reasons why they can't get an At-large bid.

That's on PV since it's their home game (Valley can be blamed for an open date on 9/11 but scheduling that last game that late is on them since it's a conference game)

After this Spring, I think almost everyone now knows to expect our AD to do the absolute bare minimum and that's it

I don't see the issue with FAMU's Athletic Administration promoting themselves for an At-large bid if they can't make the SWAC Championship. Why can't we as a conference support that instead of coming up with reasons why they can't get an At-large bid.

Their resume says otherwise. Pointing this out is not "hating".

When you know what you are dealing with as far as trying to get an at-large bid with the FCS Playoff committee and their anti-HBCU bias, you don't go and schedule a D2 HBCU on top of a MEAC school and a FBS you have no shot of beating. There's no way they are leaving out a 7-4 CCA or MVFC team for a 9-2 FAMU with THAT resume

Their resume says otherwise. Pointing this out is not "hating".

When you know what you are dealing with as far as trying to get an at-large bid with the FCS Playoff committee and their anti-HBCU bias, you don't go and schedule a D2 HBCU on top of a MEAC school and a FBS you have no shot of beating. There's no way they are leaving out a 7-4 CCA or MVFC team for a 9-2 FAMU with THAT resume
All of that may be true but there is absolutely nothing wrong with them promoting themselves and trying to get a shot even if it is a slim chance.

True....
That's on PV since it's their home game (Valley can be blamed for an open date on 9/11 but scheduling that last game that late is on them since it's a conference game)

After this Spring, I think almost everyone now knows to expect our AD to do the absolute bare minimum and that's it

That's on the conference as they were the ones who made the conference schedule. We had 3 OOC dates that's been scheduled for years and the LDC & SFC dates that are basically set in stone. All the other dates for games come from them.

*****s, wake up. This is the first step, we could be a different SWAC team in our hopeful position next season. Somewhere we got to break this barrier, why not us, SWAC, why not now. If we continue to accept what has always been, we’ll be in the same space 10 years from now. The SWAC is blessed to have four strong teams this year. What makes us different from other “top” Fsc PWI’s. Answer that question and you will know where you stand in this day and age.

Last edited by a moderator:

At least on here people know what they are talking about when it comes to this lol

It's almost unbearable on Facebook lol
You sure are right. I had someone from FAMU argue me down on Facebook that if jsu lost 2 games, FAMU would go to the swac. I asked them were they nuts. If jsu has one more game with an east opponent how could 2 loses from jsu send FAMU who has 1 SWAC east lost to SWAC.based off jsu remaining games wouldnt that just tie the records if one of those 2 loses were against valley. Smh. Even if jsu lost to valley that would tie jsu and FAMU in the east at one east lost each with jsu holding the tie breaker since jsu beat FAMU and they swear down I was ignorant. I told them this isn’t the meac. We have divisional winners that go to the championship. I think they were thinking the overall best record goes to SWAC or something hell if I know what they were thinking.

SWAC fans are complaining about more potential exposure in the postseason...crab in a barrel mentality is strong

With that said, I just don’t see an at-large bid happening. IF FAMU was to finish 9-2, the only quality game to point at would be JSU. Hell, with some solid QB play from FAMU, and Deion Sanders would be making the same plea. And JSU fans would gobble it up and start making “We wanna go to THEE playoffs” signs
Better yet, let’s not forget with some better play calling from jsu from then OC jsu would have blown FAMU out. You started the if, but and when. I just had to add facts to it !!

I think they were thinking the overall best record goes to SWAC or something hell if I know what they were thinking.

Which is insane coming from the so-called superior football minds from FAMU. I saw it a couple of times and thought "this is basically football 101" as far as head to head is concerned. At least their head coach knows they are in essence two games back

If FAMU goes 9-2 they deserve a at-large birth. The fact that FAMU is not ranked is by design. Those with votes don't want FAMU to get an at-large birth. That is how I see it.
That’s why I Dnt be tripping about going to the playoffs. Until we get a far representation at the table why cancel the Cbowl to just sit at home hoping to go to playoffs when it’s totally by designed not ment for hbcu’s to participate. I know a lot of new SWAC fans keep saying y’all need to get rid of Cbowl and go to the playoffs and I’m like why should we when history shows they dnt treat hbcu’s fair at all when it come to that. You damn near wud have had to upset Alabama lol

You sure are right. I had someone from FAMU argue me down on Facebook that if jsu lost 2 games, FAMU would go to the swac. I asked them were they nuts. If jsu has one more game with an east opponent how could 2 loses from jsu send FAMU who has 1 SWAC east lost to SWAC.based off jsu remaining games wouldnt that just tie the records if one of those 2 loses were against valley. Smh. Even if jsu lost to valley that would tie jsu and FAMU in the east at one east lost each with jsu holding the tie breaker since jsu beat FAMU and they swear down I was ignorant. I told them this isn’t the meac. We have divisional winners that go to the championship. I think they were thinking the overall best record goes to SWAC or something hell if I know what they were thinking.
All conference games count to determine divisional winners.

To determine the division champion
1. Conference Record
2. Head to Head result
3. Division Record

If JSU loses 2 of their remaining conference games and FAMU wins out then FAMU will indeed win the East title. That's why JSU has a 2 game lead on FAMU and have not been (officially) proclaimed East champs.

When the game was initially proposed, the teams playing in the championship game was to include those with the best record against seven conference opponents from each division.[18] However in August 1999 league officials changed the rule. For the inaugural contest, participation in the championship game was based on the record against the four divisional opponents only, not all conference teams.[18][19] This format was dropped by the SWAC following the 1999 championship game in favor of the original proposal based on all league games, not only the divisional opponents.

Last edited:

They were right, it's actually conference overall record and not just divisional record.

If jsu finish their conference record at 6-2 and famu finishes at 7-1, famu will be the East Division Champs. Now if they both finish tied, jsu will win because of the 1st tie breaker (head to head).

Back