Fishing

Band Fan

How has the fishing been? My last trip, we kept 99 (mostly spots and a few croakers). Caught a few trout but they were all under sized. I spent more time baiting lines and taking fish off than I did fishing but I enjoyed seeing my wife (caught 43), daughters (caught 15) and son (caught 41) catching fish. The only pic I didn't get is the 43 that my wife and I caught.
8.14.21.jpg8.15.21.jpg8.16.21.jpg

Made it out to the pier this weekend. Damned rays was running the fish away. I hooked 2 rays and counted them as caught since they were wore out and just sitting on the surface. I don't have a pier net and the guy who did was helping someone else. Not the best trip but it was better than being at work. These are all I kept.

4-4-22-jpg.14951

Attachments

• 4.4.22.jpg
    4.4.22.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

I know a guy that uses these for shark bait. i don't fish for sharks.
I've seen people use it like that. One guy next to me caught one and cut the wings off. He said he was going to grill them. Plus he used the wings to hide the under sized gray trout in his cooler. The game warden checked everybody's cooler Sunday. He was sweating bullets. After he left, I said you are lucky he didn't look under those wings. He got the hell off the pier after that.

Last edited:
I've seen people use it like that. One guy next to me caught one and cut the wings off. He said he was going to grill them. Plus he used the wings to hide the under sized gray trout in his cooler. The game warden checked everybody's cooler Sunday. He was sweating bullets. After he left, I said you are lucky he didn't look under those wings. He got the hell off the pier after that.
I bet he did....I do not keep ANY under-sized fish.....PERIOD!

Back