Fellas, I do it for 30 minutes. How about you?

Antroy

I normally do it for 30 minutes. If I take my time, I can make it last for 45 minutes. I was just wondering.....................
How long does it take you to cut your grass?

It takes me more than 30 minutes to cut my yard. You have to edge, weedeat, cut, blow & bag and fertilized. I'll finish in about 1 hour and I do have to cut it once a week..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It takes me 2 hours to cut that mug! No lie. First I edge it, then I cut it, then I blow it...the grass that is. I cut it every 2 weeks and that sun be hot as a mofo on a brutha too!

Two hours at least. My back yard is big and the front is sloped with a row of hedges on both sides. If you include the Maryland heat, man, it is tough.:redhot:

When I am at home, it takes me more than an hour to do everything, even when the grass is short.

It takes me about an hour and a half to two hours!!In this dayum BAMA HEAT!!!!:redhot: Edging weed eating cutting the hedges!!!
I have to keep my lawn immaculate!!!:D

SCOTTS TURF BUILDER DOES WONDERS FOR YOUR LAWN!!!!!! :D

Yard work

Originally posted by MACBFAC

SCOTTS TURF BUILDER DOES WONDERS FOR YOUR LAWN!!!!!! :D

You said a mouthfull right there. I put some of that stuff on my yard back in May and i'm having to cut the grass weekly. Now that we've started getting some rain, twice a week at times. It takes me about an hour and a half to cut, weed eat, edge and sweep up.

The one time I cut the backyard ...

It took me 2 days, because lightning started flashing on the first day, so you know I shut it down. I say the ONE TIME, because grass flew in my face, and I had an allergic reaction that caused me two doctor visits and a trip to the emergency room.

That **** could be taller than the windows, and I STILL wouldn't cut it!

I got a big mower...

but it still takes 1:30 - 1:45 for the cutting. Edging & trimming takes another :45. Bama heat and humidity can drain a brother.

Gotta try that Scott's. Back yard needs some help.

Mike does an excellent job of cutting our lawn...and he put some Scott's Bonus S on it back in the spring. It is pretty and thick now! :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
Mike does an excellent job of cutting our lawn...and he put some Scott's Bonus S on it back in the spring. It is pretty and thick now! :D

wheeeeeeeeewwww Kema stop it girl; yall killin' me.......ROTF:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :bawling: :emlaugh: :bawling: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

We don't have grass in our front yard nor the back, we have a bunch of white rocks....In the back, we have a swimming pool.. :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

:emlaugh: :rolleyes:

Re: I got a big mower...

Originally posted by AAMU Big Dawg
Gotta try that Scott's. Back yard needs some help.

You might as well wait till the fall to start with the fertilizing. It's too late for you this season. Put some of the Scott's fertilizer thats made for the fall season and then when the spring gets here put down that Bonus S. You'll be suprised at how good it gets. DON"T, I repeat DON"T use nothing else but Scott's brand fertilizer, that other stuff don't work.

Lesco

Originally posted by Fiyah

You might as well wait till the fall to start with the fertilizing. It's too late for you this season. Put some of the Scott's fertilizer thats made for the fall season and then when the spring gets here put down that Bonus S. You'll be suprised at how good it gets. DON"T, I repeat DON"T use nothing else but Scott's brand fertilizer, that other stuff don't work.

Scott's is a good fertilier Fiyah but. I found something even better. Try the brand called Lesco. It works alot better and last longer than Scott's or any other fertilizer. It took me about 2 yrs to get my yard the way it look now. Even Tiger Wood would be impressed with my greens.

As for the topic. It take me about hour and a half to just cut and edge my front yard. Maybe because I cut it atleast 2 times to munch the loose trimming. I don't bag grass.

I have a question for you Texas homeowers. I was in Houston last week and my brother and his wife have a house in Katy. I guess that a new subdivision there because everything out there is new. My question is What type of grass is that in the yards of the new houses? It's not Bermuda. or is it some type of Texas's weed. :D

Re: Lesco

Originally posted by sigma4life

I have a question for you Texas homeowers. I was in Houston last week and my brother and his wife have a house in Katy. I guess that a new subdivision there because everything out there is new. My question is What type of grass is that in the yards of the new houses? It's not Bermuda. or is it some type of Texas's weed. :D

It is probably St Augustine, which is more tolerate of the high heat we have in the area.

I also use a mulching lawn mower that helps feed the my lawn.

Re: Re: Lesco

Originally posted by Fiyah

I also use a mulching lawn mower that helps feed the my lawn.

Yeah mulching is another way of helping keeping that grass green!! Sigma4life my neighbor uses that Lesco fertilizer it's has his yard looking pretty good but Scott's is the only thing for me!!!

You guys mulch your Bermuda???? I saw the landscaper's truck in the area w/Lesco on it yesterday... hmmm.

Back