FAMU vs LEHIGH

Originally posted by bluedog
Unbelievable :shame:

Why on earth anyone would want to smack about a play-in game to someone that didn't have to go to a play-in game not to mention has more wins in the big dance I don't have a clue.

Maybe you can help me understand that one since it appears you understands that type of thinking. :rolleyes:

You stoopid, so that no further debate need be added.

Thank you.

S. F. T. S.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Very Happy for FAMU!

This is a great victory for FAMU and all HBCU's.

Before the game, Andy Katz of ESPN could not believe that Lehigh had to play in this game and felt it should be FAMU and ASU in the play-in game!

Not only did FAMU beat them...they opened a can on that *****!

Thank you for the victory!

Re: Very Happy for FAMU!

Originally posted by Kappalicious
This is a great victory for FAMU and all HBCU's.

Before the game, Andy Katz of ESPN could not believe that Lehigh had to play in this game and felt it should be FAMU and ASU in the play-in game!

Not only did FAMU beat them...they opened a can on that *****!

Thank you for the victory!

I hate Andy Katz. I hate Billy Packer even more.

Kappalicious,

I agree. As you stated for those that pay close attention to HBCU Sports, in general and HBCU Basketball, specifically. It is not only significant for Florida A & M University and the MEAC. It also significant for SWAC. Especially, when you consider the fact that the SWAC was (4-0) against the MEAC this season with two of those defeats over Florida A & M University. Games listed as follows:

Alabama State University def North Carolina A & T State University, 76-43;

Alabama State University def Florida A & M University, 75-69;

Texas Southern University def Bethune-Cookman College, 54-42; and

Southern University def Florida A & M University, 71-69.

Hopefully, there will be more SWAC vs. MEAC match-ups in the future, including SWAC games against Tennessee State and Savannah State, also.

Billy Packer is a JERK... I would love to hear what he has to say about that SPANKING that FAMU put on Lehigh last night. I bet he wont say a word.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by BandFan
naw, what did he say???

I guess the MEAC site is down with all the excitement over there.
YOu know we gonna hear it from the MEAC folx - "You SWAC people can even WIN your play-in game and WE did."

oh well.

GOOD LUCK and Congrats FAMU!!!

Don't ASSume anything.

Oh yeah, thanks for the congrats. :)

Originally posted by EyEoFtHeTiGeR
Watch it this mourning when you have a chance. It was on for .1 of a second and it was hilarious.

:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

If you blinked, you missed it!:lmao:

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

If you blinked, you missed it!:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like the way FAMU won this game. As you guys know this was the first time the MEAC had a champ that was force to play in the playin game. We obviously don't belong there. I think this may have been one of the largest margins of victory for a playin opponent. This was good for the MEAC. We had a surprise champion who still made big noise in the playin. Most playin teams are evenly matched. Not this year.....FAMU was waaaaayyy better and this might bode well for the MEAC with future March Madness seedings. Remember, everytime the MEAC has received a 15th seed(twice) we have won.

FAMU had a chance to be showcased on ESPN and Woods got a lot of play that will help him up the road. Good win for the MEAC!!
This playin game isn't that bad. You get a chance to get the butterflies out of your stomach...gain confidence with the win and then relax until the first round.

btw, do playin opponents get more money when advancing? That' s a good question. Anybody knows the answer?

I really enjoyed FAMU's win last night.

GO RATTLERS!!!!!

Originally posted by ksmith
btw, do playin opponents get more money when advancing? That' s a good question. Anybody knows the answer?

I think someone answered that question on another thread.

KSmith,

I also agree. If your conference invite wins the game, then it is a great opportunity. But, if they lose the game, then it is terrible at least for conference member's team players and coaches that are representative and do not get tp participate in a first round site with all the teams involved.

No!! The two teams involved win or loss receive a first round check. They have to actually get out of the first round to be awarded the second round check.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
wassup, DK and ksmith...
as always, props to jafus.

Good win last night. as far as smack over on MEACfans, I missed it ths morning. All I saw (around 8:30) was congrats and folks just basking in the win and how it reflects on all of us, not just the MEAC. There will be those who 'go there', as is the case with anything.
There is enough intermingling between both boards that we know the folks (MEACfans and SWAC Page posters) who like to talk xhit and instigate vs. those who are usually even-keel and objective. My suggestion is to use that awareness and take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks, Jafus.

'Sup, decatur g, ksmith.

I put on my Rattler flag today, and had one of my co-workers wish FAMU the best. :D

We're gonna kick Kentucky's arse for about 2 minutes. Woods will be on fire, the score will be 9-6, and we probably won't lead any more after that. LOL

:lmao:

Kudos to the "Rattlers".
Because of the snow between Detroit and Dayton I decided not to attend.......Big Mistake for Me. I did watch the game on TV and called my husband so he could watch also. That was an unexpected win and a plus for the HBCUs. They had a good coach with a winning program from Tallahassee Community College.

We, the Dayton Basketball Fans will come out to and support Basketball. Did everyone see the crowd and I know most were not fans of either of those schools.

Back