FAMU band suspended for 2012-2013 school year

That's a whole different topic Cee. Hell, the professors were fugging the female students at all our campuses and I know my classmate even married one of our vice chancellor's. LOL. It wasn't as tabu back in the day. Now that isht will get you fired if you get caught. But Band Directors messing with the dancing girls is old news. I think it is less of that now because it is too risky and you will jeopardize your job now.

I definitely know Southern had a Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs who later became Chancellor of the Baton Rouge Campus to leave his wife and kids to marry a former dancing doll.

Last edited:
I definitely know Southern had a Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs who later became Chancellor of the Baton Rouge Campus to leave his wife and kids to marry a former dancing doll.

That was who I was talking about. His second wife is from Lake Charles. LOL. She graduated with us.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
He aint bullshittin.... I use to tell him he was crazy as hell all the time. Now he aint tell u he was fallin sleep on the job LOL

Damn you gotta call me out huh :lol: ... they can believe what they want to. I had bills and responsibilities, I was tired as hell but that's life

FAMU prez's resignation immediate

Florida A&M University president James Ammons, who has been under fire since the hazing death of a marching band member, is immediately stepping down from his job.

Ammons has reached an agreement with FAMU's governing board to resign effective on Monday.

Last week, Ammons submitted a resignation letter that stated his resignation would not take effect until Oct. 11.

His contract allowed him to give 90 days notice to the FAMU board, but Ammons waived the provision in exchange for getting paid bonuses.

Ammons came under fire in the wake of the hazing death of drum major Robert Champion. Trustees have complained about a lack of oversight of the famed Marching 100 band as well as lax management on other issues at the university.

ESPN Source

Suspend the band, and take the scholarships of kids who had nothing to with hazing, but allow the football team to keep playing after four decades of raping kids. This country has great morals I tell you.

Suspend the band, and take the scholarships of kids who had nothing to with hazing, but allow the football team to keep playing after four decades of raping kids. This country has great morals I tell you.

So a footall team raped kids?

And I think I saw where most of FAMU's scholarship band members kept their scholarships.

So a footall team raped kids?

And I think I saw where most of FAMU's scholarship band members kept their scholarships.

No but the actions of the coaches, and players who did not come forward all for the sake of running a ball destroyed kids lives. No snitching in the hood huh? :shame:

No but the actions of the coaches, and players who did not come forward all for the sake of running a ball destroyed kids lives. No snitching in the hood huh? :shame:

What players Cee that didn't come forward? And I don't think they did it for the sake of running the ball. Paterno and McQuery were looking out for themselves period. Not the team or the program. Had they told. The program would have kept on going even if they were let go. Now if it comes out that the football players at Penn State were participating in this. Then I am with you on this. Otherwise, it is all on Joe Pa, McQuery, the AD, President etc. Those were the ones in charge who conspired to keep this under raps. Not the players, nor did any of the victims say that Penn State football team had players sexually assaulted them.

FAMU band program did involve the students in the band and Champion was a band member that died and certainly the band members knew what was going on. If it had just been some malfeasance with the band director like stealing money or having kids in the band that were not in school, then FAMU band would still be able to perform and only the administrators and band director would be fired.

I don't know why Ammons and FAMU put up this fight for this long. He should have left months ago. I tried to tell TP and others that Ammons was politically dead. There was no way he was surviving and FAMU did not want to get into a fight with the State, especially when their house was not in order.

I'm sure Ammons will be a top candidate for the next HBCU President opening...and I am sure he won't have any problems getting a top academic post.

Ammons went to FAMU so he was natural for that...the issue he's resigning for plus the debt from athletic department will be his black eye for quite some time. If a HBCU has a board with white folks or egotistical people, he's not getting that job as they'll think FAMU Band and that's it. Plus, he doesn't let AD's make their own decisions as that would not work

I'm sure Ammons will be a top candidate for the next HBCU President opening...and I am sure he won't have any problems getting a top academic post.

You are crazy. :lol:

Nobody will touch Ammons in the HBCU world, well at least not a school with a band program. :emlaugh:

And any school that do won't get another dime from their state reps come budget time. NOBODY is going to be foolish enough to hire him as their President.

if there was an opening In Mississippi, he would not even get past the reading of the potential candidates at the first college board meeting. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Quick question: if the band is suspended, does this mean that the students in the band is not on scholarship for this year?

Situations are not equal. She is not a President either.

She was the President of TSU and got a job at JSU shortly after getting fired/being forced out.

TP didn't say he'd instantly get a president's job. But he will get a pretty good position someplace.

Back