Fall football attendance restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2kool

Rumors going around that the SWAC is considering restrictions due to the delta variant. Anybody hearing anything?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm glad that I've stick by we'll still be under COVID protocols in the fall due to this Delta variant

At best, 100% full capacity with mask requirements to enter the stadium throughout the game (including tailgating). Wouldnt be surprised if things went back to 50% with social distancing requirements (although I don't think that'll be strictly enforced)

Does this mean y'all will make visiting fans buy season tickets again?
they did bump from 25% to 50% capacity on the schedule release. that puts them at 13,200 max capacity? once they've taken care of season ticket holders and students there probably won't be much left available.

schedule.JPG

the way it's going with the variant and people not getting vaccinated there wont be any real tailgating this season.
And we just renewed on Monday.
Dog Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
50%??? So why is CDC recommending mask for indoor facilities. Guess everyone build a dome doing last year when I didn't go to any games.

50%??? So why is CDC recommending mask for indoor facilities. Guess everyone build a dome doing last year when I didn't go to any games.
They're recommending masks for people who live in low-vaccinated/high case areas, which is right smack dab in the middle of SWAC country. Just because an event is outside isn't necessarily mean folks can go maskless in a large crowd. There still is risk.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I've heard you all will also have tailgating restrictions in Munford this Fall. Is this true?
Haven’t heard that, but I know RV parking is sold out for now. Deadline is August 10th to have them paid for. We will see if they have overflow RV parking. Atleast 50-75 RV park in overflow.

Unless our people become more responsible and get vaccinated, I doubt SWAC stadiums will be 100% in 5 weeks. This decision will be out of the hands of our ADs pretty soon if the numbers don't get better.

They're recommending masks for people who live in low-vaccinated/high case areas, which is right smack dab in the middle of SWAC country. Just because an event is outside isn't necessarily mean folks can go maskless in a large crowd. There still is risk.
waiting to see what the fallout will be from those huge crowds in Milwaukee playing in the finals.

1627599101382.jpeg

waiting to see what the fallout will be from those huge crowds in Milwaukee playing in the finals.

View attachment 12903

There is NO reason for outdoor restrictions. NONE. If HBCUs wanna do this nanny shit, they're gonna piss off a lot of fans.
There have been cases linked to fans getting infected at outdoor sports events and concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back