Eddie George not happy with TnSU attendance…

I love on campus stadiums! I was happy as hell when PV got their stadium. It’s a different atmosphere when games are on campus.

I rarely park close to Eddie Robinson stadium. I love to park on campus and walk. It brings back so many memories walking by Carver Hall or Long Jones.

With Tenn. State’s storied history, a paltry average crowd of ~2,500 is shocking in a city close to 700,000. There is something bigger affecting the lack of interest in their football program other than OVC affiliation and wins and losses.

Back in the day there were 5 games we REALLY looked forward to at S.U. and played on a regular basis: GRAM, JSU, FAMU, ALCN & TNST. As we all know, change is constant. I do believe TNST attendance has suffered due to not playing their historical rivalries on a consistent basis. Perhaps it isn’t the only reason, but it certainly is a part of the equation. Having said the aforementioned, from an economic standpoint, I can understand though it comes with a sacrifice. On a side note, we enjoyed playing in Houston as well.

We’re full. They can grab a # and get in line.
Right!! They have to wait till we kick these Fla schools out first.

florida-bugs-bunny.gif

Back in the day there were 5 games we REALLY looked forward to at S.U. and played on a regular basis: GRAM, JSU, FAMU, ALCN & TNST. As we all know, change is constant. I do believe TNST attendance has suffered due to not playing their historical rivalries on a consistent basis. Perhaps it isn’t the only reason, but it certainly is a part of the equation. Having said the aforementioned, from an economic standpoint, I can understand though it comes with a sacrifice. On a side note, we enjoyed playing in Houston as well.
Were there an efforts to create new rivalries inside the OVC?

Last edited:

That’s a question you might want to ask someone from TNST. However, those would not be organic…..LOL

The OVC schools don’t care about themselves - they want to be Tennessee or Missouri or Kentucky

TSU knows the issue but they hire folks with limited hbcu backgrounds on purpose

They should join the SWAC. Let's be honest a football game with HBCUs is not just a game but a showcase of black talent. Whether it's that one white member of SU's band dancing, horses in Grambling with no hair because the dancers took it, JSU flaming twirler, people nervous about Texas Southern stealing, little kids imitating JSU's drum majors, SU's effeminate drum majors, Alabama A&M tailgaiting etc.....

I bet if they came to the SWAC their attendance would go up.

I wouldn’t use those exact examples as a legitimate reason, but I agree with you on this one.

The opposition matters, and we all know that whenever any of us (SWAC) plays TN State, the game will draw thousands. People will come; whether for the game, for the band, or just for the atmosphere, people WILL come see TN State because the SWAC is now involved.

Even when we played at Hale in 2019, the attendance was 8,000+, a few hundreds shy of 9,000, and that was in blistering ☀️. My UAPB is probably the smallest SWAC/HBCU school, but the attendance was well above 2,000.

Back