Eddie George not happy with TnSU attendance…

"To be honest, it is disappointing to walk out there and to see literally nobody in the stands," George said. "We appreciate the fans that have supported us. But it is discouraging when you see that because you don't have a real homefield advantage. You're playing in a stadium in front of nobody."

😳😳

I recall watching bits of the JMC where TSU hosted Kentucky State in Nissan Stadium. Many of their fans were commenting in the live stream chat how that "big arse stadium" looked empty! The camera angle (top row of stadium) on the open half was not a good look because you could barely tell that the bands and fans were on the lower level of the side that was open. Some of the fans noted that some other events were going on in Nashville that day and that was the weekend that we all know it rained. I went back and searched for the attendance the next day but could not find it on Yahoo Sports or TSU's website. One of the fans stated in the live chat that all their home games would be played at Nissan Stadium this year, however, I don't know if this is accurate.

Last edited:
I remember many of their alumni were excited a few years back when they played a couple of their games in "the hole" on campus. They liked the idea of playing games back on campus. I would have to go back and look but I think the attendance was pretty good.

They should join the SWAC. Let's be honest a football game with HBCUs is not just a game but a showcase of black talent. Whether it's that one white member of SU's band dancing, horses in Grambling with no hair because the dancers took it, JSU flaming twirler, people nervous about Texas Southern stealing, little kids imitating JSU's drum majors, SU's effeminate drum majors, Alabama A&M tailgaiting etc.....

I bet if they came to the SWAC their attendance would go up.

Joining the SWAC won't solve the problem. They are being smart because the OVC has been good to them on the books. BOTTOM LINES MATTER!
Just win baby is the remedy.

Back