Do you think the AKA's violated their legacy clause?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
[/B]

Why have a clause written and implemented into the organization's Constitution and by-laws if you fail to honor it? Furthermore, why allow some girls to be accepted through this clause and not others? Now, if this child committed some kind of felony or some kind of act that will/would reflect negatively on the sorority, that's a different story. I wonder what the attorney representing AKA has to say...

I agree that AKA isn't obligated to select every young woman who submits but according to their own constitution, they are obligated to those who are daughters of active members. If they ( AKA) can't adhere to their own by-laws, they need to have the national officers get rid of that clause.

My opinion.....

They may have found something or flaws in the young ladies attitude or some other criteria that they didn't meet.

'Cause we know grown folks sure don't.

We didn't have as much handed to us as your generation did. We expected to earn what we got so we did. Those in our generation who wanted it easy just said they would wait to go grad and just pay. They didn't just try to force people to take them and if they did... :smh: ...it never ended well.

Last edited:
Legacy clauses are so stupid. It's just as stupid as someone saying someone deserves to be in because they have a 4.0 or 3.8 or whatever.. Mind you, I had grades like that but that qualified me to be in a honor society. I needed a 2.5 to be a Kappa. Everything else was based on what the brothers saw in me and if they thought I would make a good brother. Sure you want smart and intelligent individuals but that is not the only measure. So as for these ladies, it takes more than having their mothers in. That's a different kind of family but I am sure all of this legacy clause stuff came up 'cause they got tired of everybody mama and grandmama cutting a fool. I have always hated legacy clauses and people walkin in because of their parents. And this is not saying I support beatings ('cause I know how ya;ll can change words) but I am saying everyone should get in on their own merit.

Back