Do you think the AKA's violated their legacy clause?

JAG89

THE NEW AMERICA'S TEAM
Two students at Howard University and their mothers are suing the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. for violating the sorority's legacy clause.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lyfbrINQd9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They will probably get some money out of the deal, but suing AKA makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They will probably get some money out of the deal, but suing AKA makes no sense.

Exactly.

I heard the last part of the interview on TJMS. Sybil asked the attorney if he was in a greek org. He said yes but he is African American.

If anything, the judge will look at this case and probably say this something that AKA should handle in house.

Exactly.

I heard the last part of the interview on TJMS. Sybil asked the attorney if he was in a greek org. He said yes but he is African American.

If anything, the judge will look at this case and probably say this something that AKA should handle in house.

True! Even though AKA may have that legacy clause, it's still up to the Alpha chapter to make the decision as to whether or not they want to initiate the young ladies. AKA is not obligated to select any of these ladies.

True! Even though AKA may have that legacy clause, it's still up to the Alpha chapter to make the decision as to whether or not they want to initiate the young ladies. AKA is not obligated to select any of these ladies.

There it is.

Yeah, how bout the AKA's don't want to select them because they azzes are "ratchet and stank". I remember the good ole days when mofos wouldn't even pull a trick move like this because they knew they would get kicked to sleep.

Yeah, how bout the AKA's don't want to select them because they azzes are "ratchet and stank". I remember the good ole days when mofos wouldn't even pull a trick move like this because they knew they would get kicked to sleep.

Man kids these days think everything should be given to them.

Man you club folks are funny. truth be told bytches ain't never got along. I remember them slut puppies having multiple lines back in the day. I remember back in 91 A&M had two AKA lines. One with 30 something and the other like 52 in the Spring. That shyt was funny. Yes it happened to the frat boys also. Yall kill me like this club stuff is special. geeks are funny people.

Man you club folks are funny. truth be told bytches ain't never got along. I remember them slut puppies having multiple lines back in the day. I remember back in 91 A&M had two AKA lines. One with 30 something and the other like 52 in the Spring. That shyt was funny. Yes it happened to the frat boys also. Yall kill me like this club stuff is special. geeks are funny people.

Man, some of the NE bruhz told me you secretly wanted to pledge AKA. Just messing with you man. :lol:

Why have a clause written and implemented into the organization's Constitution and by-laws if you fail to honor it? Furthermore, why allow some girls to be accepted through this clause and not others? Now, if this child committed some kind of felony or some kind of act that will/would reflect negatively on the sorority, that's a different story. I wonder what the attorney representing AKA has to say...

I agree that AKA isn't obligated to select every young woman who submits but according to their own constitution, they are obligated to those who are daughters of active members. If they ( AKA) can't adhere to their own by-laws, they need to have the national officers get rid of that clause.

My opinion.....

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
[/B]

Why have a clause written and implemented into the organization's Constitution and by-laws if you fail to honor it? Furthermore, why allow some girls to be accepted through this clause and not others? Now, if this child committed some kind of felony or some kind of act that will/would reflect negatively on the sorority, that's a different story. I wonder what the attorney representing AKA has to say...

I agree that AKA isn't obligated to select every young woman who submits but according to their own constitution, they are obligated to those who are daughters of active members. If they ( AKA) can't adhere to their own by-laws, they need to have the national officers get rid of that clause.

My opinion.....

Now you know us Black folks try hard to be like others.

WTF???? AKAs are slut puppies??? GTFOH! Y'all continue to call women out of their names and its bullshit.

This is ridiculous. My cousin was turned down as a Delta her first time back in 1997 at Xavier. Yet, she came back in 1998....is it really this serious? I think this a lack of parental guidance. At that the Delta's had a legacy clause...but now I think that is not the case.

I'm glad the NUPEs do not have one.

You took what you wanted to from that and ran with it. Not one time was that towards AKA's. Now get out of grown folks business being messy. It was towards messy women who can't get along. Everyone with common sense knows you ca not get a group of women to get along.
I would think that since AKAs and their activities are femaleish, that wouldn't be your lane at all...grown or not...but here we are...

a lie. The "slut puppies having lines" was a direct reference to the sorority. don't back track now. You are out of line as are many on this board with calling women out of their names.

Go drive your car into the river this morning ok. Now gone. Well that is true, but the b word was not towards them. You started the convo off saying that. make your mind up now. Ct, I say what I say and mean what I say. That's life. get over it.
a lie. The "slut puppies having lines" was a direct reference to the sorority. don't back track now. You are out of line as are many on this board with calling women out of their names.

Last edited:
Go drive your car into the river this morning ok. Now gone. Well that is true, but the b word was not towards them. You started the convo off saying that. make your mind up now. Ct, I say what I say and mean what I say. That's life. get over it.

We can go together. You wrong and you know you wrong. I'm pointing it out cause y'all do it too easy...and its not right. I aint trying to start a fight...I need to get you to let this sink into that hard head of yourns. Women don't like to be called bytches, hoes and sluts in general convo. Sheesh, how damn hard is that?

Come on and ride with me. I got a nice trip for you. I will be so nice to even bring the rope and cement.
We can go together. You wrong and you know you wrong. I'm pointing it out cause y'all do it too easy...and its not right. I aint trying to start a fight...I need to get you to let this sink into that hard head of yourns. Women don't like to be called bytches, hoes and sluts in general convo. Sheesh, how damn hard is that?

Back