Digital cable signal

northern tiger

For anyone that knows, are digital cable signal stronger in some cities than others. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) the picture clarity is sharper in Chicago than it is in Nashville.. They are both Comcast. Its the same tv, but their is a difference in picture quality, especially with the local channels. Just making sure its just not me. I even notice the drop off with ESPN.

northern tiger said:
For anyone that knows, are digital cable signal stronger in some cities than others. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) the picture clarity is sharper in Chicago than it is in Nashville.. They are both Comcast. Its the same tv, but their is a difference in picture quality, especially with the local channels. Just making sure its just not me. I even notice the drop off with ESPN.

This is possible. In some parts of the same city you may see a difference. Mainly driven by the quailty of the wiring and equipment in your neighborhood. When I first picked up broadband internet service from Cox, a tech had to come out to the junction box in my yard and do some "tweaking" to boost the signal. It also improved the quality of my digital cable signal.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would agree. I think it most likely infrastructure that could be causing the problem. Some systems may use more fiber optic cables which would provide better signals.

Bartram said:
I would agree. I think it most likely infrastructure that could be causing the problem. Some systems may use more fiber optic cables which would provide better signals.

I think this must be the case. The cable company came out yesterday and the picture STILL LOOKS THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I asked the cable guy if a signal booster would help and he said no. Even with programs that I taped in the "Chi" (It looks like you are right up in the United Center and in Soldier Field), I look at them now and I can tell the difference. Oh well.

Back