Digital cable signal

northern tiger

For anyone that knows, are digital cable signal stronger in some cities than others. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) the picture clarity is sharper in Chicago than it is in Nashville.. They are both Comcast. Its the same tv, but their is a difference in picture quality, especially with the local channels. Just making sure its just not me. I even notice the drop off with ESPN.

northern tiger said:
For anyone that knows, are digital cable signal stronger in some cities than others. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) the picture clarity is sharper in Chicago than it is in Nashville.. They are both Comcast. Its the same tv, but their is a difference in picture quality, especially with the local channels. Just making sure its just not me. I even notice the drop off with ESPN.

This is possible. In some parts of the same city you may see a difference. Mainly driven by the quailty of the wiring and equipment in your neighborhood. When I first picked up broadband internet service from Cox, a tech had to come out to the junction box in my yard and do some "tweaking" to boost the signal. It also improved the quality of my digital cable signal.

I would agree. I think it most likely infrastructure that could be causing the problem. Some systems may use more fiber optic cables which would provide better signals.

Bartram said:
I would agree. I think it most likely infrastructure that could be causing the problem. Some systems may use more fiber optic cables which would provide better signals.

I think this must be the case. The cable company came out yesterday and the picture STILL LOOKS THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I asked the cable guy if a signal booster would help and he said no. Even with programs that I taped in the "Chi" (It looks like you are right up in the United Center and in Soldier Field), I look at them now and I can tell the difference. Oh well.

Back