Diddy Breaks Child Support Record

THAMES

Hey Robber and Seeing Spots,

How did y'all let this happen? This just goes to show you how relative things are. It looks like between these two women he's paying about 70k a month in child support. Maybe now he understands what Biggie meant when he said "Mo Money = Mo Problems".

5-6-Sean-Puffy-Combs.jpg

Diddy

Diddy Ordered To Pay 35k Per Month In Child Support
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/6/2004 8:20 am

Sean ?P. Diddy? Combs lost his court battle with the mother of his first child, fashion stylist Misa Brim and has been ordered to pay $35,000 a month in child support.

The decision was released in a 13-page decision by a Westchester County, New York Family Court judge yesterday (October 5th).

The ruling is based on Combs? yearly income of almost $50 million dollars. Additionally, Combs must pay more than $398,000 in retroactive support and all medical, dental and educational expenses for Justin.

The monthly payments that Combs pays to his children are believed to be the highest amount of child support paid out in the entire country.

---------------
Read the story ...
http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3586

THAMES said:
Maybe now he understands what Biggie meant when he said "Mo Money = Mo Problems".

---------------
Read the story ...
http://allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3586

Perhaps someone can explain this to me. When you have children why is it a problem that that a person (male/female) is ORDERED to take care of his children? Shouldn't he want to take care of ALL his children equally? Also, wouldn't it have been smart to get with ONE woman, marry her and stick with her? Then he'd have his 70K in your pocket. But hey....his situation isn't like that. They should stick it to everyone who has the ability to pay child support. Perhaps he'll get a vasectomy!

Trina,

They don't hear you, gul. :emlaugh:

um Kema, now come on...stick w/one woman and marry her. :rolleyes:

:emlaugh:

J4J said:
Perhaps someone can explain this to me. When you have children why is it a problem that that a person (male/female) is ORDERED to take care of his children? Shouldn't he want to take care of ALL his children equally? Also, wouldn't it have been smart to get with ONE woman, marry her and stick with her? Then he'd have his 70K in your pocket. But hey....his situation isn't like that. They should stick it to everyone who has the ability to pay child support. Perhaps he'll get a vasectomy!

To be honest, I've never read where Puff hasn't taken care of his kids. In fact, from little that I've heard of his dealing with his kids, he's a pretty good pops to them and he also takes care of his step son (Al B Sure's kid or something like that). Considering he makes 50 mil a year I guess this judgement isnt that big of a deal. I still question how much of that 35k a month will go towards actually taking care of the child and how much is "adult support".

Venom, he wouldn't have to worry about how much is "adult support" if he had bought those expensive ass condoms. Also, I didn't read where he appealed his $35k/month to his second baby's mama. I guess it's "adult" support for Misa and "child" support for Kim. I ain't got a nickel in that quarter but he would have been better off having condoms shipped directly to his house instead of worrying about "popping champagne".

kellis said:
Venom, he wouldn't have to worry about how much is "adult support" if he had bought those expensive ass condoms. Also, I didn't read where he appealed his $35k/month to his second baby's mama. I guess it's "adult" support for Misa and "child" support for Kim. I ain't got a nickel in that quarter but he would have been better off having condoms shipped directly to his house instead of worrying about "popping champagne".
:lmao:

J4J said:

Couldn't have said it any better - no child is better than the other. :tup:

Venom Skywalker said:
To be honest, I've never read where Puff hasn't taken care of his kids. In fact, from little that I've heard of his dealing with his kids, he's a pretty good pops to them and he also takes care of his step son (Al B Sure's kid or something like that). Considering he makes 50 mil a year I guess this judgement isnt that big of a deal. I still question how much of that 35k a month will go towards actually taking care of the child and how much is "adult support".

I have never read that either. My comment was to Thames with the Biggie Quote, "Mo Money=Mo problems" ...In fact the "Mo Problems" part is what I keyed in on. I wanted to know why it would be a problem to take care of all his children equally.

Dtown: I know it won't happen in this day and age. I don't believe that. But I do believe if things COULD work out like that, it may relieve a lot of child support PROBLEMS and what not...

J4J said:
I have never read that either. My comment was to Thames with the Biggie Quote, "Mo Money=Mo problems" ...In fact the "Mo Problems" part is what I keyed in on. I wanted to know why it would be a problem to take care of all his children equally.

Dtown: I know it won't happen in this day and age. I don't believe that. But I do believe if things COULD work out like that, it may relieve a lot of child support PROBLEMS and what not...

I feel ya Kema...I was just being sarcastic. :D

It's sad, but a lot of brothers view a woman getting pregnant for them, as MO PROBLEMS. :smh:

It's common knowledge, that if you're a man w/$$$$, women will seek you. Puffy shouldn't even be surprised that this is happening....especially if he's giving Ms. Kim Porter waaaaaaaaay more money than the other woman.

kellis said:

I agree, it would have been much eaiser to not have a child at all. Then again maybe it's not that easy at all considering that the rate of unwed mothers and single parent homes are still on the rise. My issue is not with that nor with the fact that he has to pay child support. I even understand Misa wanting to up child support seeing what the other kids get...hell that's only common sense.

I just think it's crazy to be "ordered" to pay 35k to the mother of your child that already is getting the best of everything. If I'm already doing a good job of taking care of that child to the best of my ability, it seems to me that the 35k is more so to take care of the mom than the child. My obligations should begin and end with my child, not with rewarding my ex partner because she had the pleasure of sleeping with me.

Then again, I have no kids nor any baby mamas so I'm rather ignorant when it comes to the subject of child support.

kellis said:
Venom, he wouldn't have to worry about how much is "adult support" if he had bought those expensive ass condoms.

.............OR IF SHE HAD KEPT HER LEGS CLOSED UNTIL HE DID BUY THOSE EXPENSIVE ARSE CONDOMS. :emlaugh:

This guy has taken care of his kids.

He has named businesses after them, bought BABY MOMMA huge houses in gated areas, medical bills, school, trust funds, etc .................. :(

But she still needs $35,000 a month to keep the lights on. :emlaugh:

This is about HER ............. NOT THE KID ............. AND YA'LL KNOW IT. :slap:

THAMES said:
Additionally, Combs must pay more than $398,000 in retroactive support and all medical, dental and educational expenses for Justin.

This is what I don't understand. He was already paying for his son's educational expenses...and I'm sure if the child were THAT sick to require so much in medical expenses in the past we'd all have known about it.

Puffy must not be paying anything through the system. He must just give the Mothers money. That's where a lot of fellas mess up. Make sure your funds are documented through the courts.

Puffy is getting railroaded.

Yall better start using birth control or adopt some kids who'd lost their parents.

He should WANT to care for ALL OF HIS CHILDREN EQUALLY. You have to count the cost when you dip in the puddin with a naked spoon! The cost for PUFF was obviously not that great. He seems to willfully care for them.

How can any MAN want to give more to ONE child over the other. Do you understand the type of hate this would cause....It would be only fair to the children. REMEMBER, they didn't ask either one of the parents to be here!

BE FAIR and take care of your damn kids. It is a selfish assed fool who'd want one child to have more than the other. SAD!

J4J said:
BE FAIR and take care of your damn kids. It is a selfish assed fool who'd want one child to have more than the other. SAD!
How fair is that lump sum BACK payment...when obviously the woman never came out of her pockets for anything?

Fortitude said:
How do they do that?

Only pay through the courts...only go to the courthouse and pay instead of giving the money directly to the mother or paying the bills directly. Otherwise it is just a "gift".

J4J said:
He should WANT to care for ALL OF HIS CHILDREN EQUALLY. You have to count the cost when you dip in the puddin with a naked spoon! The cost for PUFF was obviously not that great. He seems to willfully care for them.

How can any MAN want to give more to ONE child over the other. Do you understand the type of hate this would cause....It would be only fair to the children. REMEMBER, they didn't ask either one of the parents to be here!

And just what do 1 child has that the other don't in this case. Tell everybody how he is NOT taking care of his kids.

I have yet to see Puffy go out in public with just 1 kid. Every time he has done something or opened something, ALL HIS KIDS ARE THERE.

This is HER MONEY.

Fortitude said:
How do they do that?

I don't know how Puffy pays his child support, but my ex-husband pays his through the Atty General's office. That money comes right off the top of his salary, and is automatically posted to the atty gen's account and to my son's bank account.

Puffy needs to handle his financial affairs through whatever agency the court set-up for him to pay his child support through. Don't just cut a check to the child's Mother. Make sure his $$$ is being accounted for....that way, if he should ever need record, the courts have it. He should pay any extra monies for catching up backpay through the courts, as well.

We're talking about a man worth millions folks...he can't do schitt the way the regular Joe Blow does. :rolleyes:

jag4life said:
How fair is that lump sum BACK payment...when obviously the woman never came out of her pockets for anything?

It is very fair. You can't very well leave water bill in arrears. Well you can, but they will cut off your water, right? When you move and want to open a new account for water, they will want that arrears money, right? Same with a child. Put it in a fund for the child or whatever, but don't hate your past partner so much that it stops you from caring for your child(ren)... NOT YOU, but you know what I'm saying.

This law is here because too many women got shafted in the past. They did not work at the husband's request so she can take care of him and the house and the children. Then he left her for the young blonde thing in the office....and left the mother with a leg to stand on and left his children too. So now the law is keeping this burdern off society by making that man pay for his children.

HOW MANY MEN WOULD AUTOMATICALLY send a check to their child if there was no law? I hate to make you think that everyone would be as kind as your or any other gentlemen you know who WOULD care for his child. THere are too many who even now with the LAW in effect, walk away from their kids and do nothing to help let alone be in the child's life. I know too many people like that.

jag4life said:
Only pay through the courts...only go to the courthouse and pay instead of giving the money directly to the mother or paying the bills directly. Otherwise it is just a "gift".

This is very true.

Back