Did it not happen?

Been there, what evidence - it look like other parts of England's Country side. Yes, there are old building's, but nothing that say "Joseph was here"

Did you ask someone to show you the evidence? There are millions of people who go into the US supreme Court and US Capitol, but have no idea about the Christian images displayed throughout the building. You can't just go somewhere and expect things to appear; you have to search for the hidden truths and then you'll find what you're looking for.

Mark 15:43 "Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus."

Joseph of Arimathaea was a believer in Jesus Christ. Joseph of Arimathaea was a very rich man, as recorded in historical documents, and a relative of our Lord Jesus Christ. Being "an honorable counsellor" as stated in Luke 23:50, meant Joseph of Arimethaea was a member of the Sanhedrin, but we know that "he had not consented to the counsel of deed of them." [Luke 23:51] This was also prophesied in Isaiah 53:9; "And He made His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in His death; because He had done no violence, either was any deceit in His mouth."

Jesus died with the sinners, yet He was buried with the rich. So who is this Joseph of Arimathaea that he would have the nerve to boldly stand before Pilate and demand the body of Jesus? Joseph of Arimathaea was the kinsman redeemer, the uncle of Jesus through his mother Mary's family. [the Harlein Manuscripts, 38-59 f, 193 b, in the British Museum] He was the kinsman that stood by, with the full knowledge of what had happened, and he waited with the women folk to claim the body of Christ at the appointed time.

It is well documented in Glastonbury, England about Joseph the tin man, who had tin mines there, brought a young lad there with him. That young lad was Jesus. Joseph was wealthy because of ownership in the mines that he had and his trade in tin. Joseph carried a Roman title [the Noblus Decurio], that allowed him to be the supplier to the Roman government with tin. There is a book about these activities of Joseph of Arimathaea, called "The Traditions of Glastonbury", by E. Raymond Capt, the Archaeologist.
http://www.theseason.org/mark/mark15.htm

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's dumb, because no one knows when Joseph died. Do you understand the word "kinsman redeemer" it mean to buy back something that was sold - Lev. 25:48; Ruth 4:4.

The "kinsman redeemer" acted as a bounty hunter, meaning if you killed a relative - then I would kill you - Numbers 35:12.

Leviticus 25:48 "After that he is sold he may be redeemed again; one of his brethren may redeem him:"

The "redeemed" as used here, in the Hebrew text is #1350; "Ga-al, a kinsman redeemer." Any Israelite, after being sold into bondage could always be redeemed or bought back by a next of kin.

Leviticus 25:49 "Either his uncle, or his uncle's son, may redeem him, or any that is nigh of kin unto him of his family may redeem him; or if he be able, he may redeem himself."

Redeemed as used here means that these relatives are able to pay off the debt that is own by the one in bondage. Remember from Matthew 27:55-60 where Joseph of Arimathaea, the rich uncle of Jesus went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. The only way that Pilate could release the body of our Lord Jesus Christ to him under Roman law was that he was the kinsman redeemer of the our Lord.

Matthew 27:59, 60 "And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth," [59] "and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed." [60]

This law of kinsman redeemer is even part of our law today, for when a person passes on, the next of kin comes and makes the final arrangements for that next of kin.

http://www.theseason.org/leviticus/leviticus25.htm

RB
First of all you do not know why I was in Glastonbury and how long I stayed or the amount of time. You are supporting exactly what most say is a myth and a myth is defined as:

1. a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, esp. one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
2. any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
3. an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.
4. an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

And if you are speaking of the crosses on some of the buildings, crosses has been used since the beginning of time. And because some European say “Jesus was here†does not mean that it happened. Stick with the bible.

The information you are posting is from Wikipedi. If you are going to take something at face value, you must do enough research to support your statement.

This is what I found and this writer say’s it’s a legend, tradition and folklore

Part of the Glastonbury Legend of its foundation by Joseph arose through a competition in antiquity with Westminster, and a rival claim to Canterbury to possess Dunstan's relics.

Traditions about Joseph continued to grow after the Reformation, presumably because the idea of a mission to Britain predating that of Augustine suited Protestants. The story that the Holy Thorn sprang from Joseph's staff was first printed in 1722, from a local innkeeper's account (Vickery, 1995: 182-7). Currently, there is a legend that Joseph was a tin merchant and the great-uncle of Jesus, and that he brought Jesus to Cornwall and/or to Somerset in the course of a trading journey. How old this legend is is disputed; those who believe it assume it to be medieval, but it is nowhere mentioned before the 1890s, unless William Blake is alluding to it in his poem of 1804 beginning, ‘And did those feet in ancient times / Walk upon England's mountains green?’ However, these lines could be merely symbolical. The story appeared in Sabine Baring-Gould's Book of Cornwall (1899) and subsequent guidebooks, and was widely publicized by three vicars in the 1920s and 1930s—the Revd L. S. Lewis of St John's, Glastonbury, the Revd H. A. Lewis of Talland (Cornwall), and the Revd C. C. Dobson of St Mary's, Hastings (Sussex).

http://www.answers.com/topic/joseph-of-arimathea

I have read information on the Lost Years of Jesus, the only account we have that’s biblical is that He, Joseph and Mary spent years in Egypt from his birth until He appeared at the age of 12.

Dang Blue! You read that it happened.....Dr H went there (to the place you mentioned in your readings) and said it didnt happen (he could find no proof....

Whatcha gonna do? How you gonna come back now? Is Joseph who you say he was? Or is he who the bible says he was?

Stay tuned folks...well be right back....

RB
First of all you do not know why I was in Glastonbury and how long I stayed or the amount of time. You are supporting exactly what most say is a myth and a myth is defined as:

Stick with the bible.

The information you are posting is from Wikipedi. If you are going to take something at face value, you must do enough research to support your statement.

I have read information on the Lost Years of Jesus, the only account we have that’s biblical is that He, Joseph and Mary spent years in Egypt from his birth until He appeared at the age of 12.

Let me say this again for those who have a hard time understanding; this is my "OPINION" and I'm sticking to it. The reason I stated I believe this to be Jesus's uncle is based on the law in the bible and the law in Rome. Did you not know.........The only way that Pilate could release the body of our Lord Jesus Christ to him under Roman law was that he was the kinsman redeemer of the our Lord. If that be the case, then why was the body released to a stranger who had no relationship or claim to the body; and why did this stranger go boldly before Pilate to beg the body of Christ?

Tell me what you were doing in Glastonbury, who did you talk with, and where did you go to document this as being a myth?

I always stick to the bible and I also give my opinion on things that are not clear in the bible........such as the relationship of Christ and Joseph of Arimathaea.

The only thing I posted from wikipedia was the information about the cedars of Lebanon........that's it.

Correct, the only info we have in the bible about Christ as a child is what you stated, and that's why I gave an "opinion" based on my own research and the holy spirit. I've not forced anyone to believe my opinion, and I always make it clear that these are my opinions..........

Also, the translators of the king James 1611 encouraged the reader to use other sources with the guidance of God.........

Let me say this again for those who have a hard time understanding; this is my "OPINION" and I'm sticking to it. The reason I stated I believe this to be Jesus's uncle is based on the law in the bible and the law in Rome. Did you not know.........The only way that Pilate could release the body of our Lord Jesus Christ to him under Roman law was that he was the kinsman redeemer of the our Lord. If that be the case, then why was the body released to a stranger who had no relationship or claim to the body; and why did this stranger go boldly before Pilate to beg the body of Christ?

Tell me what you were doing in Glastonbury, who did you talk with, and where did you go to document this as being a myth?

I always stick to the bible and I also give my opinion on things that are not clear in the bible........such as the relationship of Christ and Joseph of Arimathaea.

The only thing I posted from wikipedia was the information about the cedars of Lebanon........that's it.

Correct, the only info we have in the bible about Christ as a child is what you stated, and that's why I gave an "opinion" based on my own research and the holy spirit. I've not forced anyone to believe my opinion, and I always make it clear that these are my opinions..........

Also, the translators of the king James 1611 encouraged the reader to use other sources with the guidance of God.........

RB, you said that the information was founded on archaeological and historical evidence. I guess it wasn't after all.

And you seem to refer to only those sources that agree with your preconceived ideas. That's not objective research by a longshot.

If Joseph was “kinsman redeemer" he has nothing to do with anyone’s salvation. If he owned a thousand tin mines and five luxury cruisers, he has nothing to do with anyone’s salvation.

The problem is RB gives “Europeans†too much credit as if they are the only ever walked the face of the earth. Long before Europeans knew how to build a boat or lay a line of bricks, the Egyptians and Ethiopians had build empires and circum-navigated the world.

This is great; I located this on one of the Web-sites

Here's a pop quiz
• Where did the Christian Church begin, after Jerusalem?
• Locate the first Christian church built above ground.
• What country first nationalized Christianity?
• To whom was the book of Romans written?
• Who founded the Christian Church of England?
Answers
• England
• England
• England
• The Royal family of England
• Joseph

http://www.asis.com/users/stag/glastonb.html

This is the correct answers according to the Bible, after the Church in Jerusalem, there were churches established Asia Minor (Turkey), Africa and Middle East all before England.

Now, when and why did Paul write the book of Romans to England? If anything, it was to Italy, since Rome is in Italy. I am still searching for proof that Joseph was Jesus’ Uncle, if he was and the important role he played; it would have been mentioned in scripture.

This is why Joseph requested Jesus’ body

According to the Gospels, Jesus died and was removed from the cross on a Friday afternoon, the eve of the Jewish Sabbath. Joseph of Arimathea requested Pontius Pilate’s permission to remove Jesus’ body from the cross and bury him before sundown, in accordance with Jewish law. Because there was no time to prepare a grave before the Sabbath, Joseph placed Jesus’ body in his own family’s tomb.

By Jewish tradition, when a member of the family died, the body was wrapped in a shroud, sometimes placed in a coffin and laid in the tomb. However, this tradition does not validated that Joseph and jesus was related.

Last edited:
RB, you said that the information was founded on archaeological and historical evidence. I guess it wasn't after all.

And you seem to refer to only those sources that agree with your preconceived ideas. That's not objective research by a longshot.

..........that's your opinion because you choose not to believe what some white folks present as archaeological and historical evidence. I seriously believe you and others have a problem with white folks.

If Joseph was “kinsman redeemer" he has nothing to do with anyone’s salvation. If he owned a thousand tin mines and five luxury cruisers, he has nothing to do with anyone’s salvation.

The problem is RB gives “Europeans†too much credit as if they are the only ever walked the face of the earth. Long before Europeans knew how to build a boat or lay a line of bricks, the Egyptians and Ethiopians had build empires and circum-navigated the world.

This is why Joseph requested Jesus’ body

According to the Gospels, Jesus died and was removed from the cross on a Friday afternoon, the eve of the Jewish Sabbath. Joseph of Arimathea requested Pontius Pilate’s permission to remove Jesus’ body from the cross and bury him before sundown, in accordance with Jewish law. Because there was no time to prepare a grave before the Sabbath, Joseph placed Jesus’ body in his own family’s tomb.

By Jewish tradition, when a member of the family died, the body was wrapped in a shroud, sometimes placed in a coffin and laid in the tomb. However, this tradition does not validated that Joseph and jesus was related.

How do you know Joseph of Arimathaea was a Jew and where can I find this in scripture?

No, I don't give white folks too much credit.

..........that's your opinion because you choose not to believe what some white folks present as archaeological and historical evidence. I seriously believe you and others have a problem with white folks.

You can try and divert to race all you want, but you tend to believe anything that's European. That's close to being brain-washed and akin to hatred of your own people.

The information you gave was false. Just admit it and correct it and move on. Your credibility now comes into question when you post other sources of research. You have a long way to go in the area of research.

Another thing, just because I don't bow down to everything European and because I have no problems saying it, you label me as having problems with White folks. That's not true at all. A lot of my material comes via White folks.
What I have problems with is the misrepresentation of historical facts and lies being stated as truths, whether it comes from Whites, Blacks, Asians or any other group.

How do you know Joseph of Arimathaea was a Jew and where can I find this in scripture?

No, I don't give white folks too much credit.

Thanks for reminding me about the info you posted about Mary being a descendant of David.

Easy question. How do you know Mary was a direct descendant of David? The answer you give, will be the answer to the question you asked of Dr. H. How ironic.

And "yes", you do give White folks too much credit, by a longshot.:nod:

Last edited:

Are you sure about that because..........In the Companion Bible, Appendix 156; there is a six day report that covers the events of the six days before the Passover feast day. When you make a personal study of that Appendix, it will explain all details surrounding all events concerning Jesus Christ's death burial, and His resurrection. You will see that Jesus body was laid in the tomb before 6 P.M on Wednesday, as was required by law. For that Thursday was the High Sabbath, and nothing could be done on Thursday.

It was Wednesday that all preparation and and purchases were made, and on Saturday was the regular seventh day of the week Sabbath. Jesus came out of the tomb Saturday afternoon, exactly three days after He was placed in the tomb, as prophesied by Jesus in Matthew 12:40. This was the 14th day of Nisan, and the resurrection had to have occurred prior to sunset, for at sunset, the tomb was visited, and the stone was rolled away, and the body of Christ gone. http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew27.htm

You can try and divert to race all you want, but you tend to believe anything that's European. That's close to being brain-washed and akin to hatred of your own people.

The information you gave was false. Just admit it and correct it and move on. Your credibility now comes into question when you post other sources of research. You have a long way to go in the area of research.

Another thing, just because I don't bow down to everything European and because I have no problems saying it, you label me as having problems with White folks. That's not true at all. A lot of my material comes via White folks.
What I have problems with is the misrepresentation of historical facts and lies being stated as truths, whether it comes from Whites, Blacks, Asians or any other group.

The last time I checked all previous posts, I wasn't the one to state "RB gives “Europeansâ€￾ too much credit as if they are the only ever walked the face of the earth........."

I guess I have to say this again because you're still having a hard time discerning the meaning of the word "opinion"; I will continue to give my "opinion" regardless if you like it or not.

IMO, you hate white folks and it makes you sick when Christians look at the character of people instead of their skin. I want to see you in heaven one day so I'll leave you with an important message..........

1 John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.

1 John 2:9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.

1 John 2:10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.

1 John 2:11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, “I love God,â€￾ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

The last time I checked all previous posts, I wasn't the one to state "RB gives “Europeansâ€￾ too much credit as if they are the only ever walked the face of the earth........."

I guess I have to say this again because you're still having a hard time discerning the meaning of the word "opinion"; I will continue to give my "opinion" regardless if you like it or not.

IMO, you hate white folks and it makes you sick when Christians look at the character of people instead of their skin. I want to see you in heaven one day so I'll leave you with an important message..........

1 John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.

1 John 2:9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.

1 John 2:10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.

1 John 2:11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, “I love God,â€￾ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

Since you're listing verses, try posting the one on judging. I think it goes something like this.... "judge not that ye be not judged".

Now that we've got that out of the way, please answer the question about Mary.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Since you're listing verses, try posting the one on judging. I think it goes something like this.... "judge not that ye be not judged".

Now that we've got that out of the way, please answer the question about Mary. Easy question. How do you know Mary was a direct descendant of David?

I'm not judging you, however I'm giving an opinion about you just like you give opinions about me.

.............because scripture tells me that Christ was the Son of David.

Last edited:
This fact used with just a "little" common sense will suffice..........

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ

1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham: http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew1.htm

Matthew 9:27 When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Son of David, have mercy on us!”

RB, that article's pure guesstimation. There is no geneology of Mary. That's all you had to say.
The geneologies mentioned in Matthew and Luke don't even match, not by a longshot, so how can you use them? You don't even know which is the correct geneology, and neither does that article. Both can't be Joseph's geneology.

In Matt 1:16 it says, "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." THEN Luke 3:23 says "And Jesus...the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli ...
Joseph had TWO fathers, Jacob and Heli?! Come on RB, you can do better than this.

Last edited:
Companion Bible, for what! I can read and learned to understand the Hebrew Calender as well as the Roman Calender. I know "what's his name" from Arkanas, make reference to the Companion Bible.

Whenever I have a question about the OT, I call a couple of friends "Rabbis" and they can provide a better understanding than 99.99% of "European Scholars"

Three days and three nights

Now go and read the OT (As I said Jesus died under the Law / OT). This is where a little research is required and understanding Hebrew / Jewish idiom.

Three day and nights, does this mean a literal 24- hour days or does it mean a statement related to a certain time period.

In OT expression of “one day and one nightâ€￾ was an idiom used by the Jews for a day, even when it was only a part of a day. The Hebrew / Jewish made reference to this period of time as three days and three nights is in accordance with the Jewish method of reckoning.

Evening and morning, or night and day, is the Hebrew phrase for a natural day, not necessary 24 Hours. This was the [general truth, fundamental principle, or rule of conduct] used by the Jews in computing time, a part of a day was to be received or computed as the whole day.

Note: Genesis 1:5 "Evening and Morning were the first day" was that 24 hours or 12 hours. Normally, the evening starts at 6:00 p.m and the morning starts about 6:00 am, so that's twelve hours, not 24.

There are several examples in the OT NT. In 1 Samuel 30:12-13; Acts 10:1-3; Acts 10:9; Acts 10:23

Read about Joseph:

Joseph requested Jesus body because it was the day before the Sabbath, which is Friday and evening had already come. This mean that the Sabbath was about to begin and that Joseph wanted the burial to take place prior to that time. The Sabbath began at Sundown on Friday evening, this would place the crucifixion on Friday. Luke 23:54-56;

Side Note: Acts 16:13; Acts 16:13; Acts 13:14 [First Day of the week / Saturday / Sabbath]

Read Dr. Luke, He mentions the day before the Sabbath [Friday], the Sabbath [Saturday] next mentions the first day of the week (Luke 24:1). Neither Wednesday or Thursday, is the day before the Sabbath.

Brother John writings agrees with Matthew and Luke, but add a "twist" and calls the Sabbath a "high day or Passover": Why, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies (Jesus and the two theves) would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath [Saturday] (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away and buried (John 19:31)

Note: This is the same Greek term in Isaiah 1:13

This has been proven: The Jewish Passover took place upon the 14th of Nisan, the day of the Full Moon. Now according to some of my reference boonk and to the US Naval Observatory, in the years 30 and 33 A.D. [when Jesus was on the cross] the 14th of Nisan took place upon a Friday and this agrees with John 19:14. What does this that tells us the day of the crucifixion was "the day of preparation for the Passover, which took place on a Friday and not Wednesday or Thursday as you stated.

Matt 27:62-64: “Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day. If the crucifixion had taken place on Wednesday or Thursday, the tomb would have been made ready on those days, not Friday (Passover). Because the tradition was to bury the same day. If you notice, whenever someone in the Middle East dies, traditionally they bury the same day.

Mark 15:42-44: “Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea,.............â€￾ This means it was Friday afternoon since the Sabbath day begins at sundown.

Luke 23:54-56: “That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath ...............". Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.â€￾

Mk.14:12 says on the first day of the Unleaven Bread when they sacrificed the Passover

While the Companion Bible my be good, however, there are many more book to support the Bible. Perhaps, you should start reading books such as The Chronological Bible, Customs, idiom and Traditions of the Hebrews / Jews; Josephus.

Question and Answer Time:

You said

"For that Thursday was the High Sabbath, and nothing could be done on Thursday."

When did the Sabbath change from Friday (Sun down) to Thursday. If what you are saying is true, then the Sabbath would start at Thursday "sun down" which makes the Sabbath on a Friday.

Please explain this and when did ot change?

What day did God rest?

Companion Bible, for what! I can read and learned to understand the Hebrew Calender as well as the Roman Calender. I know "what's his name" from Arkanas, make reference to the Companion Bible.

Whenever I have a question about the OT, I call a couple of friends "Rabbis" and they can provide a better understanding than 99.99% of "European Scholars"

Three days and three nights

Now go and read the OT (As I said Jesus died under the Law / OT). This is where a little research is required and understanding Hebrew / Jewish idiom.

Three day and nights, does this mean a literal 24- hour days or does it mean a statement related to a certain time period.

In OT expression of “one day and one nightâ€￾ was an idiom used by the Jews for a day, even when it was only a part of a day. The Hebrew / Jewish made reference to this period of time as three days and three nights is in accordance with the Jewish method of reckoning.

Evening and morning, or night and day, is the Hebrew phrase for a natural day, not necessary 24 Hours. This was the [general truth, fundamental principle, or rule of conduct] used by the Jews in computing time, a part of a day was to be received or computed as the whole day.

Note: Genesis 1:5 "Evening and Morning were the first day" was that 24 hours or 12 hours. Normally, the evening starts at 6:00 p.m and the morning starts about 6:00 am, so that's twelve hours, not 24.

There are several examples in the OT NT. In 1 Samuel 30:12-13; Acts 10:1-3; Acts 10:9; Acts 10:23

Read about Joseph:

Joseph requested Jesus body because it was the day before the Sabbath, which is Friday and evening had already come. This mean that the Sabbath was about to begin and that Joseph wanted the burial to take place prior to that time. The Sabbath began at Sundown on Friday evening, this would place the crucifixion on Friday. Luke 23:54-56;

Side Note: Acts 16:13; Acts 16:13; Acts 13:14 [First Day of the week / Saturday / Sabbath]

Read Dr. Luke, He mentions the day before the Sabbath [Friday], the Sabbath [Saturday] next mentions the first day of the week (Luke 24:1). Neither Wednesday or Thursday, is the day before the Sabbath.

Brother John writings agrees with Matthew and Luke, but add a "twist" and calls the Sabbath a "high day or Passover": Why, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies (Jesus and the two theves) would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath [Saturday] (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away and buried (John 19:31)

Note: This is the same Greek term in Isaiah 1:13

This has been proven: The Jewish Passover took place upon the 14th of Nisan, the day of the Full Moon. Now according to some of my reference boonk and to the US Naval Observatory, in the years 30 and 33 A.D. [when Jesus was on the cross] the 14th of Nisan took place upon a Friday and this agrees with John 19:14. What does this that tells us the day of the crucifixion was "the day of preparation for the Passover, which took place on a Friday and not Wednesday or Thursday as you stated.

Matt 27:62-64: “Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day. If the crucifixion had taken place on Wednesday or Thursday, the tomb would have been made ready on those days, not Friday (Passover). Because the tradition was to bury the same day. If you notice, whenever someone in the Middle East dies, traditionally they bury the same day.

Mark 15:42-44: “Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea,.............â€￾ This means it was Friday afternoon since the Sabbath day begins at sundown.

Luke 23:54-56: “That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath ...............". Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.â€￾

Mk.14:12 says on the first day of the Unleaven Bread when they sacrificed the Passover

While the Companion Bible my be good, however, there are many more book to support the Bible. Perhaps, you should start reading books such as The Chronological Bible, Customs, idiom and Traditions of the Hebrews / Jews; Josephus.

Question and Answer Time:

You said

"For that Thursday was the High Sabbath, and nothing could be done on Thursday."

When did the Sabbath change from Friday (Sun down) to Thursday. If what you are saying is true, then the Sabbath would start at Thursday "sun down" which makes the Sabbath on a Friday.

Please explain this and when did ot change?

What day did God rest?

You have your opinion and I have mine, but be it as it may............

RB, that article's pure guesstimation. There is no geneology of Mary. That's all you had to say.
The geneologies mentioned in Matthew and Luke don't even match, not by a longshot, so how can you use them? You don't even know which is the correct geneology, and neither does that article. Both can't be Joseph's geneology.

In Matt 1:16 it says, "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." THEN Luke 3:23 says "And Jesus...the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli ...
Joseph had TWO fathers, Jacob and Heli?! Come on RB, you can do better than this.

Christ was from the royal line of David, and if that's a fact, then Mary was from the line of David as well because Christ had no earthly biological father. Mary's family tree is not mentioned, however she came from somebody and we know that person was from the line of David.......that simple.

Christ was from the royal line of David, and if that's a fact, then Mary was from the line of David as well because Christ had no earthly biological father. Mary's family tree is not mentioned, however she came from somebody and we know that person was from the line of David.......that simple.

You're still speculating and have NO hard evidence that Mary is of the line of David through Solomon. You're simply guessing.
As a matter of fact, these verses prove that she's not. Mary herself was not from a legitimate messianic family. According to the Bible, the messiah must be a descendant of King David through his son Solomon (II Samuel 7:12-13; I Chronicles 17:11-14, 22:10, 28:4-7).

Elizabeth was from the the tribe of Levi, so how could Mary be from David and Solomon's line if she was of the tribe of Levi like her cousin Elizabeth? It's impossible because David was from the tribe of Judah. You totally contradicted your own post.

Even Luke, who emphasized the roots of his biblical figures such as (Elizabeth, daughter of Aaron, Joseph, son of David??, Anna, daughter of Phanuel of the tribe of Asher), has nothing to say on this subject and never gives Mary's tribe or whom she's a descendant of.

And, even if Mary could trace herself back to King David, it still wouldn't help Jesus. According to the Torah, the mother (the matrilineal) determines if someone is Jewish (Deuteronomy 7:3-4), but tribal affiliation and family genealogy can only be traced through the person's father (the patrilineal in accordance with Exodus 28:4, 29:9-30, 30:30, and 40:15 [Priesthood Lineage]; Numbers 36 [Tribal Lineage]; Genesis 49:10, I Kings 11:4, and I Chronicles 17:11-19 [Kingship Lineage].).

If you're using Joseph's line through David, to prove Jesus as being the messiah, the following kink in the armor disqualifies Jesus from being a messianic candidate as well.

We find that when Matthew traces the genealogical line of Joseph back to King David, this line goes through a King named Jeconiah (also known as Coniah or Yehoaikin). The problem arises in Jeremiah, chapter 22, verse 30, when the ancestor of Joseph named King Jeconiah was cursed by God:

"Write this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days. For no man of his seed shall prosper sitting upon the throne of David and ruling anymore in Judah."
We see from this passage in Jeremiah that any descendant of Jeconiah would be disqualified from ever being a Messianic candidate. Since Jesus is said to be a descendant of Jeconiah, this curse disqualifies him from being the messiah.

So you have serious issues with not only Mary's lineage, there are serious issues with Joseph's lineage and geneology as well.

All of these blunders in scripture clearly show that mere men wrote and copied these writings of their own accord.
Would an omnipotent, responsible and all knowing Creator make such blunders time and time again? I think not.:shame:

Last edited:
You have your opinion and I have mine, but be it as it may............
:)

True that, but like I said, I am a researcher and does not rely on one source of information. Let throw a fastball, Jesus "does not have an earthly geneology" what you are reading is only to show the Jews He is entitled to the throne. Remember the story about Melchisedec, he was the typology of Christ (Jesus) He had no genealogy, meaning no mother or father.

Consider, Matthew 1:20 "conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost" The virgin birth is actually a the virgin conception. We know Mary was a virgin (No Sex) and Joseph was not His father. Therefore, Jesus does not have any earthly (Human) parents, thus meaning no geneology. And Joseph carried out the will of God by giving Jesus His name.

Mary was just a earthly vehicle used by God to bring Jesus into existance.

Here is a fastball, Have you ever read about or researched, Sara ]Sara-la-Kali] The Black Egyptian or Saint Sara". She is suppose to be the Daughter of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. "According to Ledgens" Mary Magdalene, Mary Salome, Mary Jacobe, Matha (Sister of Lazarus) and Joseph of Arimathea left Jerasulem and sailed to Egypt where they lived among the Jewish Community for a period of time, then they sailed to (Gaul) modern day France.

I can give more credit to this than Joseph being in England, because of it's location. Here is another kicker, She was canonized as a Saint by the Catholic Church, then decanonized by the Catholic Church because of the lack of evidence for her historicity. But, some say it because of her race / color.

But "check this out" you said that you were in the Navy (Right). If you have traveled to most of the Naval Ports and visited any of the Churches, you will find their picture of "Mary and Jesus" is of dark complexion.

So what's you opinion of this information?

Last edited:
Most oriental religions have their saviors as being Black. These Black gods pre-date Christianity by hundreds and thousands of years. It's no mystery why the Jesus is Black. It's because Christianity came from these religions.
The Catholics have tried to explain this away as being something else, and to an extent, they've succeeded.

The ancient gods of India are shown with Ethiopian crowns on their heads. According to the Old Testament, Moses first met Jehovah during his sojourn among the Midianites, who were an Ethiopian tribe.

We learn from Hellenic tradition that Zeus, king of the Grecian gods, so cherished the friendship of the Ethiopians that he traveled to their country twice a year to attend banquets. “All the gods and goddesses of Greece were black,” asserts world renowned historian Sir Godfrey Higgins, “at least this was the case with Jupiter, Baccus, Hercules, Apollo, Ammon. The goddesses Benum, Isis, Hecate, Diana, Juno, Metis, Ceres, Cybele were black.” (Anacalypsis, Vol. I, Book IV, Chap. I.)

--Original statues of Buddha show him to be of Negroid stock with the wide nose, thick lips and nappy hair.
--The term Krishna in Sanskrit means "the Black One".
-Ancient Madonna statues show her to be Black and her child to be Black as well. This is why she's called the "Black Madonna".

Last edited:
Back