Did Ed Gorden give a good interview with R. Kelley?

My opinion about the interview and the situation

I think he carefully danced around the other issues. He spent a lot of time talking about Sparkle's reason for doing this. He REALLY didn't want to discuss Aaliyah. He may have been extorted out of some money. Unless someone REALLY went out of their way to set him up, I think he's in denial. I think he's really calling out for help!!!

Lines from Bump N Grind

"My mind's telling me no...but my body..my body's telling me yes.
I don't want to hurt nobody...but there's something I have to confess.
I don't see nothing wrong with a little bump n grind"

He's in denial. He said he's not a criminal but not once admitted that having sex with minors is wrong. 1st step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. He kept saying he's no angel but didn't confess. He's embarrased, confused, and ashamed. I think he needs to seek out help and he'll be fine. If a woman can kill 5 of her kids and get sympathy from all over the world, I'm sure he can get some sympathy!!!

NN

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's Him...

Well, I downloaded part three of this sex tape last night, just to see for myself if this is really R. Kelly or not. If any of you doubt whether he did this or not, view the tape - it <b>is</b> him, without a shadow of doubt. R. Kelly was talking about, "the tape is doctored, it's a hoax, etc." - "L", nah! It ain't a fake, and if it's not him, then, as Ed Gordon put it last night, "You got to have a twin somewhere..."

Now whoever this girl is, she knew exactly what she was doing. It ain't like it was rape or anything. But you could tell that R. Kelly was exploiting her, since she was doing whatever he was telling her to do. I don't think she particularly enjoyed it all, either.

kci,

Consent doesn't defeat statutory rape. If she was under the age of consent in Illinois (I guess), then it was statutory rape.

Originally posted by Robber
kci,

Consent doesn't defeat statutory rape. If she was under the age of consent in Illinois (I guess), then it was statutory rape.

Oh, I know it's statutory rape. From watching the tape, you know, you can tell that she was there by her own free will. But R. Kelly definitely had no business messing with her in the first place, case closed. If he goes down, he has no one to blame but the man in the mirror. Or that "other man" on the tape... :rolleyes:

By the way, I missed tonight's second part of the interview...what happened?

Nothing much really happened on the second part of the interview. The minister that R. Kelly is talking to was on there.

Now, I'm going to say this again. It's not hard to doctor a tape. I'm quite sure that all of you have seen the same low quality tape that is floating around on the net. Until a certified video expert comes in and says that the tape is authentic and has not been doctored and Kelly is found guilty by a jury of his peers then I'm not going to believe it.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Now, I'm going to say this again. It's not hard to doctor a tape. I'm quite sure that all of you have seen the same low quality tape that is floating around on the net. Until a certified video expert comes in and says that the tape is authentic and has not been doctored and Kelly is found guilty by a jury of his peers then I'm not going to believe it.

I understand where you're coming from, and yes, a tape can be doctored. But if it is doctored, it's doctored in that the guy on the tape is not actually Kelly but someone who looks exactly like him or a very, very, very close impersonator. Now, if his head were shown for only a few seconds total, and there were only isolated clips of his face, then that's different. But for his head and facial features to be shown for that length of time - when he and the girl were "doing it" next to that pool or whatever - I really can't see it being a fake. The tape itself is what I'm referring to. You would need to have superimposed Kelly's head on another man, simulated every single facial feature and head gesture of his for like, 14, 15 minutes of footage, frame by frame, and possibly superimpose a girl having sex and position, vary, and simulate that image for that length of time, too, fake him moving and manipulating the camera...etc. I know the quality of the video isn't of the highest nature, but it's definitely clear enough to make out everything, you know?

But I'm not an expert or anything. If a few qualified people view this tape and says it's been fixed, then ok, it's fake. But do you really feel someone has actually gone through <b>that</b> much trouble to make a tape that would eventually be proven as a hoax?

It's a lot easier to do something like fake a UFO tape or something else that doesn't show people in detail like that, specifically a person's face, for that long - especially 2 people having sex. C'mon now....

Do you actually realize how much time and money would have to go into putting his exact head and face on someone elses body, in millions of video frames, for a 30 minute section of tape?:confused: If you really believe someone did that....:smh:

That video probably had at max 54000 frames.. that is very doable by someone who is determined... I am not saying I believe the tape was altered, but of course it is possible..

YOu know I was listening to his song Sadie, and he has him Mom in his songs a lot. If I was Ed, I would have said, "Kelly I don't know if you did it, but if you did you know your mom saw it, what do you think she thinks?"

Giving my own unbiased opinion

1. His stupidazz did that isht. God knows and he does too. Not knowing age is no excuse....unless you believe "age aint nothing but a number.."

2. Parents are either paid or gon' get paid.

3. In the end, he'll settle out of court paying hush money to not disclose the $ amount given to shut them up.....

4. We won't hear from him for 4 or 5 year...

5. He'll come back with smash hit...and will be well on the Western Front!:rolleyes:

Back to the question...Did Ed Gordon Give a good interveiw?

It was okay.

Someone else, in my opinion needed to interview him. Ed was too soft. He came across as being almost biasly friendly, in my opinion. He had just recently hung out with R. Kelly @ an event.

Any good journalist would have hit his arse hard with the one question everybody wants answered.

If I were doing the interview my first question would have been:

Millions of people, including myself have watched the "infamous" tape across the internet. Robert Kelly, Is it you on the tape having sexual intercouse /relations with an underage girl?

Nothing was more important to set the stage of the interview...All that other garbage R. Kelly was talk'n about and trying to address would have been so secondary it's not even funny.

The world is watching this tape, supposedly video taped @ is house or property he owns, he's coaching the girl on what to do on tape. If that ain't R. Kelly, I'll be the first to say I'm sorry. But, dood needs help! His gestures aren't being immitated. That's his arse! That's his arse! That's his arse! Someone needs to verify the locations of the acts. If this was actually recorded on his propoerty anywhere that he owns...his arse needs to be whipped, then they need to get him some help!

Originally posted by JR
So I do have a problem with Kelly for his sickness. And he needs help and a kick in the azz. But I do have a problem with the way it has come to light. This has been going on for years. So now the media gets a tape and it goes to the police. They have done nothing yet. Probably because the girl and her family are really kicking it and not going to press charges thanks to RKelly's money. So what kind of ish that. At least Desiree Washington went to the police and did her court battle with Tyson. She didn't let Tyson's people buy her off. And you know they tried. So I for one hope his sick azz get help no matter what the outcome is. It is no excuse for what he did. None what so ever.

I feel ya on that.

There have not been any charges, yet, and I don't think there will be. I think the tape that they have "could be" inconclusive, and since it is probably a copy, then it could have been doctored. The Chicago Police won't try to prosecute unless they are 100% sure. With the way things are going here, they know they have to be right before they step out with charges.

I'm sure that R. Kelly was coached in the interview. If you remember, his lawyers didn't even want him to do the interview.

I doubt if he changed many minds, though, since WE (black people) will be quick to condemn someone through a bunch of he-said-she-said stuff.

If he did it, then he should pay for it. If he didn't do it, he's already paid for it, so there's not much more that he CAN do.

Originally posted by black13
I think ole Ed did a good job and asked the right questions. Any opinions?

I DON'T THINK EITHER INTERVIEW GOT DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY. I WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE LOOK KELLY WE GOT THE DVD OF THE INTERNET, AND WE FINA PLAY THIS JOINT ON LIVE T.V. COME ON KELLY TELL US IT AIN'T you!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back