Demons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr H..

Last week I was having dinner with a friend that’s a Nurse at a Hospital and works with Hospice. While at dinner, I asked her if she has ever witnessed someone dying, she said yes (he mother) and this other patient dying from.

She witnessed this death with one of her patients.

“I was with a patient that was dying she started screaming, sweating, and trying to get out of bed, eyes bulging, shivering, yelling and shaking. She was yelling and screaming “don’t let them get me, don’t let them get me†She (Nurse) said there is no one here, let who get you? The patient said “the demons, the demons, don’t let them get me.†She asked patient her where are the demons. The patient, said they are all around me, coming through the door, through the windows, don’t let them take me, don’t let them take me.â€

And the patient died sweating with her eyes and mouth open.

Dr. H, people in hospice care at times are known to hallucinate and become paranoid, especially when they're on drugs like morphine.
This has nothing to do with demons.

I'm not saying that this is what happened to the patient, but I am saying that there's a strong possibility.

By the way, what is a demon? Have you ever seen one?

Sometimes the spirit of a deceased person can be confused with what some portray as a demon.

Jay

LOOK! I just shared this and besides I have been with several people at Hospices, at home and at the Hospital and have talked to several people while they are dyeing and not a single one has ever reacted as this patient.

By the way, how do you know the patent was on morphine or any other drug, did I say she was on drugs; the fact is she was not on drugs? Neither was you a witness nor knows what she was experiencing.

Now, I ask you the same question, have you ever seen a demon / demonic spirit? And how do you know “if a spirit of a deceased person can be confused with what some portray as a demon.â€￾ Please explain how the spirit of a decease person can be confused, is there any proof.

Have you ever died and returned from the dead, have you ever been on morphine or were in the process of dyeing. Ok, throw in some documents from a Dr. (PhD, Psychiatrist etc, etc). I would propose the same questions to them as I asked you.

What was my comment about Hospices, this is what I said!

…….Nurse at a Hospital and works with Hospice…..

I did not say if her patient was at Hospice, at home or at the Hospital, now did I? “You made an assumption about the place of death and drugsâ€￾

I was at Hospice with a dear friend when she died and she was on medication, she did not respond as we (Family) talked her. One of her daughters was in the bed with her asking her questions and she did not respond. I am guessing, it was the medication that caused her not to respond.

Your spirit maybe confused at the time of death, but mine!

Eccl. 12:7

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Last edited:
Calm down Doc, I was just stating my opinion.:emlaugh:

Didn't you say your friend worked at hospice? Yes.

Didn't you say that your friend witnessed a patient dying? Yes.
The odds are that your friend witnessed the patient dying at a hospice center. Usually at hospice centers, the patient is on some kind of medication to assist them in being as comfortable as possible before they pass away. This is why why stated that there's a strong possibility that the patient was on some type of medication.

I simply suggested that the patient "could have been" on meds, but not necessarily?

Meds oftentimes causes people to hallucinate. More than likely, it had nothing to do with any demons. I'd think that you'd be happy about that.

As far as giving evidential information on the subject, I provided you with similar type information under the post that was recently closed.
It had to do with "near death experience". It presented peer reviewed scientific evidence, also the comments of hundreds of eyewitnesses and their experiences of what happens when one dies.
Go back to that post and you'll find it. Here's starting point....

www.near-death.com

Did you not say

"spirit of a deceased person can be confused with what some portray as a demon."

And I asked you to "Please explain how the spirit of a decease person can be confused."

Did I say the patient was @ Hospice when she passed on. "Read my comment again"

Stop making assumptions!

More than likely, it had nothing to do with any demons. I'd think that you'd be happy about that.

But how do you know "making an assumption" I am not doubting what the patient experienced - this only validate the bible (God) is correct about demons "they are real"

And demonic spirits causes individuals to question God, which directs them to unbelief.

Well it's time for me to packup the truck and go fishing.

Dr. H, have you ever read Pigs In the Parlor by Frank & Ida Hammonds. I was given this book as my wife and I were preparing for an overseas mission trip. I wanted to be ready in dealing with spirits that I had never dealt with before. The funny thing was, what my wife and I learned from the book was put to use when we got back home. Believe me when I say we were not looking for any demons. A situation happened during a worship service where someone had to be delivered right then and there. The woman was delivered, foam came out and everything. I had never been a part of something like that. Thank God we had that book at the right time. LOL!

Did you not say

"spirit of a deceased person can be confused with what some portray as a demon."

And I asked you to "Please explain how the spirit of a decease person can be confused."

Did I say the patient was @ Hospice when she passed on. "Read my comment again"

Stop making assumptions!

More than likely, it had nothing to do with any demons. I'd think that you'd be happy about that.

But how do you know "making an assumption" I am not doubting what the patient experienced - this only validate the bible (God) is correct about demons "they are real"

And demonic spirits causes individuals to question God, which directs them to unbelief.

Well it's time for me to packup the truck and go fishing.

Simply put, there's no such thing as demons, except in religion.

Religion created the theory of demons to put keep people in fear, to control them and keep them praying to imaginary beings for protection against other imaginary beings.
I have to give it to the inventers of this theory. It's worked fine for hundreds of years and it continues to keep people in fear via movies like the "Exorcist".

There's much more to the unseen dimension than some imaginary beings called demons.
It has much to do with the human spirit not dying after the body dies though.

Religion created the theory of demons to put keep people in fear, to control them and keep them praying to imaginary beings for protection against other imaginary beings.
I have to give it to the inventers of this theory. It's worked fine for hundreds of years and it continues to keep people in fear via movies like the "Exorcist".

There's much more to the unseen dimension than some imaginary beings called demons.

what docmump said...

John 3:11

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know , and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

JayRob, if you haven't experienced these things, just say "I haven't any experience with them." Others have and give witness that these things happen today.

There IS much more to things in the spirit realm than demons. What of them have you experienced?

John 3:11

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know , and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

JayRob, if you haven't experienced these things, just say "I haven't any experience with them." Others have and give witness that these things happen today.

There IS much more to things in the spirit realm than demons. What of them have you experienced?

I understand what you're saying dacontinent, but for some (not necessarily Bulldog), to just credit a person's bizarre behavior to a demon without fully knowing the mental or physical health of that person is in my opinion premature.

Several thousand people have stated that demons caused all kinds of problems for people, but after the cases were investigated, many of the folks had serious health or mental problems that had nothing to do with a demon.

As far as what I've experienced, I've worked in the mental health profession for years and at mental health facilities in the past and I've seen my share of bizarre behaviors.
Most of those behaviors had nothing to do with demons, eventhough most religious folks attributed the behaviors to demons because that's what they grew up believing and seeing in movies.

Folks confuse the lingering vengeful spirits of deceased people as being demons (servants of satan). This ties in with the fact that the human spirit doesn't die, but it can linger around long after the body is deceased, especially if the person died angry, suddenly, is seeking revenge for whatever reason.
Of course there's more to this but that's the short to-the-point version.

There is no satan, therefore there are no demons.

Last edited:
JayRob

The qestion remains, are you calling God a lie?

And for the umpteenth time, my answer is that if you're referring to the god of the Old Testament (which is really combination of several pagan gods rolled into one), again, my answer is "yes"....due to the many contradictions, errors and unfulfilled prophecies outlined in the book said to have been inspired by him. A true Creator wouldn't be that unreliable.

From the American King James Version.............................Luke 8:26-32

http://kjv/luke/8.htm

26 And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee. 27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither stayed in any house, but in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with you, Jesus, you Son of God most high? I beseech you, torment me not. 29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he broke the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.) 30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is your name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. 31 And they sought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they sought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. 33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

34 When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country. 35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 36 They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed. 37 Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about sought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again. 38 Now the man out of whom the devils were departed sought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, 39 Return to your own house, and show how great things God has done to you. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

...As far as what I've experienced, I've worked in the mental health profession for years and at mental health facilities in the past and I've seen my share of bizarre behaviors.
Most of those behaviors had nothing to do with demons, ...
There is no satan, therefore there are no demons.
Did you really mean to say that "None" instead of most? If you really meant "most", then your concluding statement is contradicts the earlier one.

There are plenty of people who have mental issues that are not demonic in their orientation; and, that are plenty of others whose mental instability is directly demonic. I have had sessions with mental health professionals who have exhausted their medicinal, psychological, and psychiatric resources trying to help people whose problem was actually demonic. There is a fine line and you really have to know what you are dealing with. I respect and honor those professionals for what they do, and they respect those like me for what we do.

I have had multiple experiences in my own personal life that were a lot like that account of Jesus with the Gadarene in the tombs. I showed up at a location where I had never been or no one knew me and encountered someone carrying a demon who chose to address the anointing on my life and trying to get me to leave them alone. We cast out the demons, restored the person, found someone to take care of them, and moved on.

That is part of my experience.

Did you really mean to say that "None" instead of most? If you really meant "most", then your concluding statement is contradicts the earlier one.

There are plenty of people who have mental issues that are not demonic in their orientation; and, that are plenty of others whose mental instability is directly demonic. I have had sessions with mental health professionals who have exhausted their medicinal, psychological, and psychiatric resources trying to help people whose problem was actually demonic. There is a fine line and you really have to know what you are dealing with. I respect and honor those professionals for what they do, and they respect those like me for what we do.

I have had multiple experiences in my own personal life that were a lot like that account of Jesus with the Gadarene in the tombs. I showed up at a location where I had never been or no one knew me and encountered someone carrying a demon who chose to address the anointing on my life and trying to get me to leave them alone. We cast out the demons, restored the person, found someone to take care of them, and moved on.

That is part of my experience.

I stand corrected on that typo. In my opinion, none had to do with demons.

A few questions....

I would like to know your definition of what a demon is since Dr. H can't seem to tell me?

How do you know your case involved a demon or demons? How do you know it was more than one?

How do you know it wasn't a lingering destructive spirit of a deceased person having taken over that person's thought processes?

Does your tactic of casting out demons ALWAYS work?

In the end, it's neither here nor there if your actions brought out good for that person.

JayRob,

If you dont understand a certain situation or experience of another; Ask, listen, and study..locate facts... Study.... My Prayer is that you Pray for more Wisdom in your life..... On this Board you have consistently caused dislike to others......So If there continues to be such Negativity around you... Does that mean that there is an Unclean Spirit within You??

Just a thought....:noidea:

"Pigs In the Parlor"

Thanks, I will get a copy - I read some comments about the book and it sound interesting.

JayRob

Don't play the "little [g] and the Capitalize [G] - you know exacly what I mean. Are you man enough to say that God is a lie?

Come on "board" JayRob is ok! I think in his past something happened to make him deny the existance of God and the Bible. About 20 years ago, a co-worker did the same - his father passed away when he was younger, then his mother passed away in the mid-80's. He said "I don't beleive in God or any of that non-sense. I asked him why and he stated"

"My mom died from cancer and I prayed every night for God to heal her and she died anyway - so why should I beleive any more. The God I use to trust, was not there when I needed Him and begged Him to heal my mother."

My reply was something like this - Joe, I have never lost a parent only my grandmother in a car accident. I don't understand, why God allowed her to get killed in a car accident. But I still trust God and I know she would not live forever. So, we have to understand, that God know what's best and He will see us thru. Try not to be bitter toward God, just talk to him and tell him how you feel.

Question for JayRob

Do you beleive there is good and evil [two forces] in the world, angles [Spiritual Beings].

And yes I have seen, felt, tasted [demons and hell], and smelled the burning souls of the unsaved. And trust me, its real. Was I dead no, dying no - but God showed me - and my last comment was "God but I am not doing anything" and His reply was

"You are not doing anything but worshipping [someone else] and not me. I am the one that sit on the throne and holds the key to life and death. And if you don't want to go to hell, you better start doing right".

The truth was I was doing everything even to the point of putting everything before God. The sad part was I was raised in the Church, but as I got older [on my own] my attitude was "Forget Church and God" And those things I was doing "I knew better"

FYI - I was not on narcotics, drugs, Jack Daniels or any type of substance that would make me hallucinate. The only thing I was on was rebellion against God. He could have allowed me to continue, but saw something in me that was worth saving.

Maybe one day I will post the entire story of what happened.

Last edited:
...I would like to know your definition of what a demon is since Dr. H can't seem to tell me?
Simply put, a demon is an evil spirit. They are also referred to as devils in Scripture. Essentially demons comprise those angels who sided with Satan/Beelzebub in his attempt to overthrow El Elyon.

...How do you know your case involved a demon or demons? How do you know it was more than one? ...
In each case that I have been involved in, they came and introduced themselves to me. Others have difference experiences.

...How do you know it wasn't a lingering destructive spirit of a deceased person having taken over that person's thought processes? ...
They gave their own introductions. The names by which they introduced themselves were what we think of as characteristics or practices: lust, envy, rebellion, etc.

...Does your tactic of casting out demons ALWAYS work? ...
Not always. There have been times that I was unprepared.

...In the end, it's neither here nor there if your actions brought out good for that person.
I beg to vehemently differ with you. Freedom from the control of an evil spirit is infinitely better than being locked down.

JayRob, You beleive that we have spirits, but you dont believe in demons or angels? Yet you do believe in an after life, but you dont believe in heaven or hell? So you believe in God, Just not the God talked about in the old Testament?

You are mighty close to the unforgiveable sin,my friend, and I beg of you to stop posting all together before you write your soul a check that your questions can't cash on the other side of heaven.

Jayrob, are you trying to ruin the prayer board..

jsupop, where did I say I was trying to destroy anything? If the truth exposes something that's not true, I would hope folks would look into it rather than trying to shut it down. If it's not the truth, shoot it down with evidence to the contrary. That's what I'd do.

Folks have talked about what I've been discussing on this forum long before I got here and will probably be doing so for some time to come. If what I'm saying is a lie, then don't worry about it, but on the other hand...."if what I'm saying is the truth? Then what are you going to do about it....shut it down?

This board is not just for prayer discussions alone, it's supposed to be an avenue where honest debate and talk about religiom takes place.

JayRob,

If you dont understand a certain situation or experience of another; Ask, listen, and study..locate facts... Study.... My Prayer is that you Pray for more Wisdom in your life..... On this Board you have consistently caused dislike to others......So If there continues to be such Negativity around you... Does that mean that there is an Unclean Spirit within You??

Just a thought....:noidea:

Oh, because I have a differing opinion, I'm the one causing a dislike to others?
That sounds very hypocritical and judgemental.

If I recall correctly, this is exactly how the Pharisees supposedly treated the one called Jesus. They didn't like what he said, so as the story goes, they tried to shut him down by using tactics you just used. No evidence, just angry rhethoric.

When did I ever "personally" disrespect someone on this board or call them names?
My debates have always been respectful to everyone and I've always given an answer for my opinion/beliefs and supporting evidence as to why I believe the way I do.

On the other hand, not one time have you bothered yourself with adding knowledge or clarity to the many discussions we've had. At least I can say that I respect folks like Dr. H, dacontinent, Royal Blue and maybe a couple others, because they at least put forth an effort in explaining their side as best they could without resorting to your tactics of personal attacks.
College grads who "know there stuff" don't need to go that route on this board.

Jagrad, the best way to shut a person up is to prove him/her wrong with clear evidence. It's as simple as that. As it says in Isaiah....present your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back