Deion Sanders is on a mission to get Jackson State back to its winning ways, level playing field for HBCUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Love the continued passion! Be that catalyst and level the playing field and bring our student athletes back home for the ultimate collegiate experience.

This fame thing has always been the Grambling pedigree. Just note that we are still Grambling. If you want some J-State, come get some!

That’s all I ever asked for in this life. For HBCU coaches to go toe to toe w/ the namebrands and defeat them unmercifully on and off the field of play.

It’s mind-boggling how mentally confused youth of color are today. “You like a son to me...” - spoken words from a white man to a kid of color. And then the “mazza” administration has the smarts to hire black seducers and handlers to lie to the kids and bring in the working physicality which will make them a ton of $$$$ for a duration. Makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

Get their asses coach Prime!!! I wish nothing short of the best and have been vocal about it for a duration when I first peeped this game as a former “blue-chipper.” Coach Prime’s level is what all should be using as our minimum standard instead of recruiting “bodies, by default.”

That’s all I ever asked for in this life. For HBCU coaches to go toe to toe w/ the namebrands and defeat them unmercifully on and off the field of play.

It’s mind-boggling how mentally confused youth of color are today. “You like a son to me...” - spoken words from a white man to a kid of color. And then the “mazza” administration has the smarts to hire black seducers and handlers to lie to the kids and bring in the working physicality which will make them a ton of $$$$ for a duration. Makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

Get their asses coach Prime!!! I wish nothing short of the best and have been vocal about it for a duration when I first peeped this game as a former “blue-chipper.” Coach Prime’s level is what all should be using as our minimum standard instead of recruiting “bodies, by default.”

What will it take for some black people to see that we are expendable to these people?

What will it take for some black people to see that we are expendable to these people?

Until we as a people start to understand the mathematics, this will continue. It all starts from Pee Wee ball when coaches see a special athlete they treat them different, then parents see the Anthony Davis and Patrick Mahomes contracts the parents think, oh my kid can make that kind of money. They only pay a select few big money, the rest get smaller amounts for a short period of time. When you add up say a $220 k contract for 2 years, that's only a $44k job for 10 years and most of these youngsters in the league spend their money at a much faster clip so they can end up broke in 5 years. My son is about to graduate from PV and I'm seeing him and his classmates graduating making 2-2.5 times that moderate athlete average pay per year and their pay will continue to rise over that 10 year period. Don't get me wrong, I watch sports, I'm going to watch my Chiefs and just finished watching Prairie View alum Khaderel Hodge make a nice catch with the Cleveland Browns.

But to answer your question, until our people realize that except for a select few that professional sports is fools gold, we will keep falling for the okie doke, while the others keep educating their kids and making all the money.

Nothing unfortunately - we will drag our kids by the ears to attend the family church and get them involved but when the family school comes up we close our eyes and rather let them make a bad decision

I don't know if they still have PTA meetings, but you post remind me of something that a teacher friend of mine said. That it was very difficult to get Black parents to come to PTA meetings. But anyway, that is off topic.

I don't know if they still have PTA meetings, but you post remind me of something that a teacher friend of mine said. That it was very difficult to get Black parents to come to PTA meetings. But anyway, that is off topic.
Actually, I think you and the teacher friend are spot on w/ the negligent god awful lack of parental hands-on guidance which occurs in this culture of people. Waiting in the winds, around the corner, is white gawdt, the manly and earthly savior with promise of a better life.

Greed, an innate desire fueled w/ envy to be like the original oppressor and its offsprings coupled w/ americana infused capitalism are the attributes which are highly prioritized in this culture rather than legacy inspired advancement, innovation, compassion/sincere security, and making lemonade out of the given acidic lemons.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The example is tommy tuberville, the success of all those black players made him a household name enough to get elected in bama but he runs as a Republican and cozies up to trump, the same trump that called nfl black athletes sons of bitches.

Nice example. So is bobby bowden, ironically. The same bowden and staff who recruited "priiiiiiime," so there's that oddity, considering.

The example is tommy tuberville, the success of all those black players made him a household name enough to get elected in bama but he runs as a Republican and cozies up to trump, the same trump that called nfl black athletes sons of bitches.

tuberville is a crakkka what did you expect? that because Blacks made him rich that would change his whole outlook and make him forget he’s white? if whites had that kinda appreciative spirit slavery wouldn’t have lasted as long as it did and wouldn’t still be going on in parts of Africa right this minute.

funny how we get so “Black” about our schools every few years when there’s racial unrest. but when things are quiet on the racial front we’re begging for white coaches, white lineman and everything else white we can get our hands on. and if you think I’m lying all you have to do is go thru the archives on this very board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back