Dear JST

JST

Have you been watching the playoffs or just the highlites. If you look at the stat sheet that says points, Iverson looks good. He looks good on the highlight shows. But if you watch the game, you will see that he causes a lot of Phillys problems with his piss poor shooting eras. This is maybe the first time I have gotten to sit down and watch this games. If you watch the game, how in the world would you say that you would rather have Carter (the mommas baby waby boy) or Iverson over Kobe. I know you will never get passed the Kobe hate, but did you see him in the Blazer, Kings, or Spurs series. He carried his team. Were you watching?

Vince Carter is a coward. Somebody told him that he could make a three pointer and thats all he wants to do.....fade away 3s at that. When he goes to the hole, he cant be stopped, but he chooses to stay outside and launch 3s all day. And dont let him get a wittle boo boo. Him got to go to the dressing room so his mommie can see about that baby. Carter aint garbage and he has a lot of upside, but he aint no Kobe, nor does he have Kobeish like game. That one is not even close.

Iverson- come on man!!! How many times does this dude have to shoot 10-30 something before you are convinced. He is selfish and egotistical. He is truly not on Kobes level.

Now, if you were to say McGrady or Ray Allen, I would understand. Them kids got game, real game. And they are hard, tough men. And they can shoot. I love McGrady. But still, they aint Kobe. Kobe is averaging 30 points a game and he is playing with the most dominant player in the game. In the playoffs he has still managed to lead the Lakers in scoring in most games.

Is Kobe the greates ever. Hell no. I would be stupid to make that assertion right now. Michael is the greatest ever(with help from the refs). Is Kobe the greatest player in the world today. Yes his is. There is not another player more talented than him, no not one. By the time he finishes, he will be the greatest player ever. You guys dont realize that Kobe is just 22. He is working on his 3rd ring. Do you understand that?

GR I know we've SMACKED in the past, but I gotta agree with ya'!

GR...
You are making profound statements about the GREATEST player in the WORLD today!!!

These HATERS don't understand that KOBE is further along in his fantastic CAREER than JORDAN or AI (Always ILLIN')!!!

Nobody wants to remember the BALL HOG no defense days of JORDAN!!! AS soon as Phil got there JORDAN's game got better and then he was able to win some titles.

Kobe doing the same thing , just faster.... he has calmed down alot since Phil has been his coach....

Phil has taught him to let the game come to him and get control of his emotions and skills.....

That's not happening @ PHILLY... AI doesn't listen........

You also made a good point about his "shooting" stats...did you know AI's shooting average is 33% for the FINALS and he's 56 and 165 (shots maded/taken) ???? That is SAD!!!!!

Originally posted by Get Ready

Is Kobe the greates ever. Hell no. I would be stupid to make that assertion right now. Michael is the greatest ever
You know I agree 100% with that!!!!! :D

Is Kobe the greatest player in the world today.
That's according to how you define "greatest". For me, greatest means most dominating, unstoppable, can put his team on his back and carry it to the top, can be counted on in the clutch to deliver, his mere presence makes his teammates better. Based on that, Shaq is without question, the greatest player in the world today.

Yes Kobe is only 22, but he's also in his 5th year of playing professional ball, meaning he's been playing against top level competition for 5 years, which aint ordinary for a 22 year old. Agree?

Wouldn't you say that's what makes him great. He is so far ahead of the curve that its boggles the mind. Kobe is hands down the best playing today.

Some of you need to give the man credit. When Jordan spank my Lakers I was hurt, but I didn't allow hate to keep me from seeing that greatness he was about to show. I've been watching basketball a long time and one thing you must learn is to appreciate greatness when you see it because it don't come often.

I wasn't a Jordan fan when he started out, but I saw he was doing things that I had never seen before. I let that hate go and enjoyed the show he put on. Now I'm seeing the same thing with Kobe. Let it go and enjoy the Kobe show. He's great for the game.

Originally posted by Ice Man
Kobe is hands down the best playing today.
And that's based on what???

Kobe has some nice moves, but so do many other players. Not hating, but the simple fact is that Kobe does not even lead his team in scoring, rebounding, or assists. And yet, yall are so quick to say he's the best in the league. Numbers simply don't lie. The NBA Finals, the game's biggest stage, are going on. And to be honest, Kobe has been just another player. He hasn't done ANYTHING great. Shaq has. Kobe hasn't.
Really, during Jordan's time, at every turn he proved his GREATNESS!!!

Its alright if you're a Kobe fan. Nothing wrong with that. But stop with this "best" and "greatest" mess.

Come on MH

Can you give it up now? Its so obvious that Kobe is the greatest all around player in the world today. He is the most talanted player going. Does he dominate? Only when he has to.

Keep on hating and waiting on Jordan. In the meantime those of us who know can say that Kobe is the greatest all around player today.

Name a phase of the game that Kobe does not excel in. I'm going to say this loud. HE IS THE MOST COMPLETE PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY! There is no weakness in his game. Name someone with a better game.

BTW, Philly want make it back to the finals in a long time because Iverson is going to hold them back. He didn't show any leadership at the end of the game and the fans showed no class at the end of the game. Booing Destiny Child was ok, but to force the post game presentation into the Lakers locker room was a lack of class. Rick Fox didn't try to make that last three pointer, the shot clock was about to expire and there was time left on the game clock. When Iverson and crew walk off the court without shaking hands the fans didn't know how to react. This is the NBA MVP, the one who told the Lakers, "wait to you get to my house". Finally, the real Iverson shows up.

Remember when the Pistons walk off the court against the Bulls in the 1991 Conference Finals, they were never heard from again. I'm afraid this is the last of the Sixers, Iverson has no class. Champions have class.

Name a phase of the game that Kobe does not excel in. I'm going to say this loud. HE IS THE MOST COMPLETE PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY!

Things that make ya go Hmmm....

"THE MOST COMPLETE PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY"(Ice Man) who is also "the greatest all around player in the world today"(Get Ready), is not even the MVP on his own team. Also, he does not lead his own team in scoring, rebounding, or assists.

Just a thought!

KOBE IS THE GREATEST EVER? NOT YET HE ISN'T.AT 22 HIS SKILLS ARE FAR MORE DEVELOPED THAN JORDAN BUT HE IS NO WHERE NEAR JORDAN.HE IS THE KNUCKLE HEAD ONCE WAS.I THINK PEOPLFAIL TO REALIZE THAT .JORDAN WAS THE SAME WAY BUT THERE WAS NO INTERNET OR SATELLITE I NEVERY HOME TO CHRONICLE HIS KNUCKLE HEAD DAYS.HE GREW OUT OF IT AND SO WILL KOBE.I THINK FOR KOBE TO BE THE BEST HE HAS TO WIN FOUR MORE BY HIMSELF.JORDAN HAD PIPPEN ANDHTOISE OTHERS BUT KOBE HAS ALL STARS HELPING AND THE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER TIL YOUKNOW HWO COMES BACK.HE WILL HAVE TO LEAVE OR STAY AND NOT BE THE BEST .OTHERS WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT HIS SUPPORTING CAST BEFORE THEY LOOK AT HIM.HEMAY NEVER ESCAPE JORDAN SHADOW.(SOUNDS LIKE A ROCKY MOVIE THEME)VINCE CATER IS IN POSITION TO LIVE UP TO JORDAN STANDARDS.THERE IS NO DOMINANT CENTER.HE IS CLEARLY THE MAN.IF HE STAYS AND GET THE NEEDED PARTS OF THE PUZZLE HE CAN WIN.BUT WO 'S TO SAY KOBE WILL BE IN LA WITH THE NEXT 2 YRS.

MH,

Do you ever answer a question? What part of his game is weak? You equate success with being the first. Each one of those catergories you named, Kobe can be found near the top. Leading your team in scoring doesn't make you the best player.

Asked his team who is the most valuable player and I bet you they say Kobe. BTW, the MVP of the league got swept. If Iverson didn't take 35 or more shots a game, maybe he win more. Kobe's role on the team doesn't allow him to lead the team in scoring, but he does. He had a off game and still score closed to 30 points. His outside shot wasn't working, so he used another part of his game. He took it to the basket and got foul. Something the Iverson didn't do.

KOBE, KOBE, KOBE

Ask his team who is the most valuable player and I bet you they say Kobe.
Wrong!!!!
Ask his team (and everybody else) who is the most valuable player and I bet you they say Shaq.

Face it, Shaq is much more valuable than Kobe. Aint no way in L, the Lakers would have won without Shaq but they could have won without Kobe.

The Lakers would have won that series with Robert Horryn or that Foster kid at Center.

Come on MH.....give it up man...this much hate cant be healthy.

I don't care who the other 4 players were, as long as they had Shaq the Lakers would have won. They could have replaced Kobe w/ me and still won! LOL

My jump shot is better than Kobe's and I have a 45 inch vertical!!!

Hate, Hate, Hate and no basketball knowledge. That's what people who can't recognize Kobe is the most complete player in the game suffer from.

MH,

This time next year most of you who are still holding on to that hate will be saying the same thing. Kobe will be the second option for the Lakers another two years and its not because he isn't the best player in the game. Kobe riding Shaq's back is in the best interest of the Lakers. The NBA will be gearing up to stop Shaq, its going to take awhile, but it will happen. Then the Lakers will changed their attack. The offense will then run thru Kobe. Not many teams have been in this position, the only one comes to mind is the Lakers of Kareem and Magic. The early years they rode Kareem, then when the game caught him, they rode Magic.

Kobe will get his chance to prove to you haters, but for right now we will ride the back of the Big ? (Blank because Shaq might be calling himself another name.)

Hate, Hate, Hate and no basketball knowledge.

Slow down there young fella

First, yall started out saying Kobe is the best ever
Then it was the best in the game today
Then it was the most all around
Then it was the most complete

At each turn, I'm just asking you to state why. The simple fact, yall cant back up any of that. The numbers don't support you. Sorry, but numbers don't lie. Everything else is subjective and wishful thinking. Stay away from saying what Kobe or any other player will do in the future. All we know about is the present and the past.

Stick to saying that Kobe is your favorite player. And leave it at that!!

I never said he was the best ever. He is the best in the game today, the best all around, and most complete player in the game because he doesn't have any weakness.

He leads are is near the top in every major category on his team. He is able to create his own shot and create shots for his teammates, including Shaq. He can play three postions at the highest level. He's a go to guy when the game is on the line. Regardless if he's having a off night he still finds a way to score.

He ranks in the top ten scoring in the NBA, named to the All defensive team, that's right he can play defense. He is not afraid of wanting the ball when the game is on the line, not only does he want the ball, but he has made the shots.

You're quick to quote people, but I have not heard you point out his weakness. What numbers are you talking about. I need you to put up someone who had better all-round numbers than him in the playoffs.

I'm going to say he's my favorite, but he's also the best in the game and will be for years to come.

Back