Confusion resolved, JSU prepares to face Texas Southern in opener

PNeck019,

Actually JSU99 is right. The info the SWAC had (presumably from the home team) was that TSU won. There were no stats as of Sunday morning, only the incorrect final score.

If one had clicked on the team statistics for the 10 teams (which one me did), one would have seen that they were correct and updated for 8 of the ten teams, the exceptions being the two teams involved in the game we are discussing.

See also a post I made in another thread regarding tiebreakers. The SWAC official stats had SU at 8-10.

Good Points!!

I won't bash anyone personally. I also am tired of the shorthanded excuse. Everybody's shorthanded. It's a fact of life if you're not at a SEC, ACC, Big Ten, etc. school. Being shorthanded and short-budgeted is not limited to the SWAC or HBCUs, nor is it limited to certain schools within HBCUs.

Stuff like this, justifiable or not, is what feeds the perception some have of the SWAC and some of its schools as being second-rate.

While, I agree with your assumption that most conferences at various levels are short staffed, especially outside of the BCS level programs. But, I respectfully, disagree with your assessment that this would feed into the perception that some have of the SWAC and some of its schools as being second-rate.

Most people (outside of the fantatic fan, us on this internet site and those on their own respective conference internet sites) are to worried about their own respective athletic program and/or conference to even notice what you are screaming about. Think About It!!

A great deal more of the preception of our schools being second rate actually comes from those with-in, that do not understand the entire mechanisms that go into strategically operating an athletic program and/or conference.

The truth is if most of us do not understand what it takes to operate our own athletic program and/or conference, then it is even less likely that we would be any more aware of what it takes and what is going on in a different athletic program and/or conference.

Since my position I the have luxury (if you want to call it that) to cover several HBCU, PWC, and HBCU/PWC mixed conferences and I have scenes things of these natures happen ever soft often across the board. The truth is most fans here could careless about the other conferences so they hardly every look for that information. Especially, to the same degree that look for the scores and information from the respective SWAC sites or SWAC institutions immediately. So, it would be very rare that anybody would ever come across such mistakes.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Get Ready,

No

You go from someone posting an assumption and then asking as question to then running with it. You are weird.

Well, the standard procedure for NCAA around the country. Is for the host school sports information director and individuals under his advisement to keep the officials books, stats, information and etc. The requirement to keep an official record of game is mandated by the NCAA. The schools required to send a report to SWAC Office and many will choose to send a report out the AP wire. Like anything that is handled by man is prone to error. Especially if you to do not have the aditional resources to have things double and tripled check before it goes out on the wire along with the fact that this is often completed by graduate assistants and/or student workers. Unfortunately, an error will occur do to an individual typing/writing in the wrong numbers in the wrong space when sending or faxing out the report.

I would not place this error on the Big 3 or Coach Hughes. But something happen at Southern when the report went into ESPN.

Hmmmmmmm!! I would think that he would not be excited and probably disappoinbted about such errors and miscommunications between SWAC staffs and administrations. But, ashamed would be over the top in my opinion.

Just providing an additional viewpoint.

Jafus,

I figured that not even you would try to makes excuses for this level on incompetence. But its apparent that you have completely sold out to the SWAC office. I hope whatever they give you is worth your soul and integrity. Bruh, them sideline passes just aint worth it man...it just aint worth it.

BTW, after your first line, I stopped reading..... Too many tears in my eyes. What happened to you man, you use to be so beautiful?

Back