College Football Equipment Transport Trucks.

GSU's

penskeRental_truck3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
These two Grambling renderings apparently never made it to a truck. I think these came from the company that provides Louisiana Tech's truck. This was back in 2015.
Grambling Rear Doors.jpg

11825196_1020Grambling Side View.jpg

Ace ...

I like them and really maintenance on the trailer would not be hard at all. All the school would have to do is rent a rig to pull it. There are LARGE number of truck drivers in Grambling that would jump at the opportunity to drive during those months.

I like them and really maintenance on the trailer would not be hard at all. All the school would have to do is rent a rig to pull it. There are LARGE number of truck drivers in Grambling that would jump at the opportunity to drive during those months.

As I understand most of the tractors and trailers or even straight trucks are owned by a moving company or some transport company. They typically provide the vehicle. The trailer is wrapped and also includes the company name and logos providing the transport. I am sure some of these companies pay for the wrap as well. I am sure they have plenty of drivers that like driving the things.

It is a great way to advertise for the schools as well during football season.

Ace...

I don't see a need for any of our schools needing a tractor trailer to move equipment. Half of that truck would be empty. I know PV has used a truck like those in the MEac pics a few times but most of the time they carry all the equipment on the buses they travel on.

I don't see a neew for any of our schools needing a tractor trailer to move equipment. Half of that truck would be empty. I know PV has used a truck like those in the MEac pics a few times but most of the time they carry all the equipment on the buses they travel on.

I definitely agree. Many use the buses and smaller trailers and straight trucks instead of tractor trailers. I think most of this allows the equipment folks to load and leave and get to their game site early but the biggest thing is the advertisement of the school.

If you have a photo of the PV truck when they use it, I would be glad to add it.

Ace...

I don't see a neew for any of our schools needing a tractor trailer to move equipment. Half of that truck would be empty. I know PV has used a truck like those in the MEac pics a few times but most of the time they carry all the equipment on the buses they travel on.

This is true.

No vision

If you have a photo of the PV truck when they use it, I would be glad to add it.

Ace...

It's not much than a truck like the others with the school seal on the doors. I'll try to go by transportation and get a pic of it next time I'm on campus.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Most of our schools just rent from the local box truck locations. Ryder, Penske ect. They ride behind our School logo-ed buses. It would be nice to have but I've only seen one or two on the road. These guys travel at night a lot so its just a status sybol outside the stadium on game day..

I agree with you on the rentals. As I understand, the schools don't pay for this but use it as a rolling academic/athletic recruiting tool just as signs you see for schools all over the state. A lot of local moving companies will provide the trucks, wraps and drivers which also contains their contact information. There was a guy I know working with Grambling a while back but it did not materialize. Those were the samples above he sent. They were out of Louisiana and did Louisiana Tech and I believe a couple of others. Not sure what happened to that. KLLM does USM's truck and I believe a Houston Alumni group takes care of Miss State's truck. USM security sends me opponent's photos each year so if Southern University shows up with a wrapped truck this year I will add it.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Back