Bragg Stadium’s set up is the dumbest in college football.

atl hornet

Why does Bragg put the visiting fans and band on the press box side where FAMU’s football team is? Why is the visiting team on the opposite side? You’re in a real conference now. Fix that dumb ish

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I recall one year the visiting team was on the East or Student side of the field. There was an altercation between the visiting team and the students. The game was stopped and the teams switched sides. The FAMU Band has always been on the East or Student side.

I remember Grambling had the visiting team on the press box side forever. I had never seen that before.
Grambling did it from the beginning til about the late 90's, during Doug's 1st stint. Rob said the visitor's side was closer to the dorm's. Doug said he wanted the visitor's to be in that September heat.

McNeese and Northwestern use to do this as well....with the student sections on the 'non press box' side. Not sure how it is now.
I think it something to do with season ticket holders and chairback seats vs. bleachers (ie, gen adm.)

I know in 2019, PV moved the band and the student section to the East Side of the stadium.

Except when y’all play SU lol

We haven't hosted su in football since 2018 so that's mute. I think they will continue to do this so in 2022 if su bring their band they will be on the SE corner of our stadium just like this visiting band.

48742318122_7693282811.jpg

Grambling did it from the beginning til about the late 90's, during Doug's 1st stint. Rob said the visitor's side was closer to the dorm's. Doug said he wanted the visitor's to be in that September heat.

McNeese and Northwestern use to do this as well....with the student sections on the 'non press box' side. Not sure how it is now.
I think it something to do with season ticket holders and chairback seats vs. bleachers (ie, gen adm.)
Correct. I be also think it was done for tv and film purposes as well. It was weird sitting on the visiting side and Doug came and changed that after his first year

We haven't hosted su in football since 2018 so that's mute. I think they will continue to do this so in 2022 if su bring their band they will be on the SE corner of our stadium just like this visiting band.

When did Southern change their colors to black/red? Oh wow, Jags....

When SU played last at PV, PV students were suppose to sit on SU’s side. Someone from y’all’s administration came and moved them to the home side lmao. I don’t think Students and visiting fans are a good mix.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Why does Bragg put the visiting fans and band on the press box side where FAMU’s football team is? Why is the visiting team on the opposite side? You’re in a real conference now. Fix that dumb ish

First of all it’s our stadium. If it’s inconvenient for you and your fans, you’re not being forced to visit. Those tickets and seats will get sold regardless.

Also, we don’t have the high school concept of home and away sides. Visiting fans are more than welcomed to buy seats anywhere in the stadium they want. However, if you want to sit with your fellow alumni, you’ll get to enjoy that corner of the stadium.

Also, the setup of Bragg has changed over the years. For the longest, the visiting team was always on the press box (west side) of the stadium. But that gave the visiting team somewhat of advantage for afternoon games.

We’ve long called the East side of the stadium the student side (used to be all general admission) and the west side was the “old folks/alumni side.”

Also, it makes a tough atmosphere as every where your team turns, they will essentially be surrounded by Rattlers...with the band right behind ‘em.

Welcome to BRAGG

When SU played last at PV, PV students were suppose to sit on SU’s side. Someone from y’all’s administration came and moved them to the home side lmao. I don’t think Students and visiting fans are a good mix.

Sorry but it's all our side no matter who buys the tickets. If it was up to me, I would put the visiting band in the upper deck in that SE Corner of the stadium.

I think it's also great optics when you've got your school colors on all sides of the stadium. Optics and marketing...use it.

First of all it’s our stadium. If it’s inconvenient for you and your fans, you’re not being forced to visit. Those tickets and seats will get sold regardless.

Also, we don’t have the high school concept of home and away sides. Visiting fans are more than welcomed to buy seats anywhere in the stadium they want. However, if you want to sit with your fellow alumni, you’ll get to enjoy that corner of the stadium.

Also, the setup of Bragg has changed over the years. For the longest, the visiting team was always on the press box (west side) of the stadium. But that gave the visiting team somewhat of advantage for afternoon games.

We’ve long called the East side of the stadium the student side (used to be all general admission) and the west side was the “old folks/alumni side.”

Also, it makes a tough atmosphere as every where your team turns, they will essentially be surrounded by Rattlers...with the band right behind ‘em.

Welcome to BRAGG

man f*** FAMU

Back