Blackberry Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
any Blackberry or PDA has to have a data plan. They arent going to let you use the internet or unlimited email for free... thats with any carrier.

I wasn't expecting to get anything free but I was expecting to use the $15 plan that I had access to now. I'll see how it works after I get my phone, if it doesn't work out right I'll return it and get something else.

Ok, got my phone delivered today and can't wait to use it but I'll have to wait till next week to activate it. It was decided to do this because I also got new phones for my kids for christmas and if they see me with a new phone they'll know that they got phones too. So i'll just read up on it and find all the sites (crackberry.com) that has information about it. Since i waited this long another week won't kill me.

Let us know how it works. So far all I have seen has been bad and I confirmed it when I tried one out. But my wife has been using a Curve for the past couple of months and I'm trying to see what the hype over BB is about to begin with now.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2571320&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2571320&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/2571320">OS 4.6.0.83 Running on the BlackBerry Storm 9530!</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user988793">CrackBerry</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

This phone is so far advance from what I'm use to using. I've uploaded a bunch of songs and will use it as a mp3 player.

Crackberry.com is my new site to find out things to do with my Storm.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have not decided if I want the Storm or the Omnia...either way, waiting for the bugs to be worked out of both.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have not decided if I want the Storm or the Omnia...either way, waiting for the bugs to be worked out of both.

The Samsung i900 Omnia is a windows mobile based phone which I hate. My storm is still at the house in the box I will break it out sometime in the next couple of days.

The Samsung i900 Omnia is a windows mobile based phone which I hate. My storm is still at the house in the box I will break it out sometime in the next couple of days.

You still haven't opened your box yet? It's been like what. Three weeks? :retard:

The Omnia is an aight phone, but like you said I hate Windows Mobile phones. Also that 5.0 mp camera is GREATLY exagerrated LOL.

This phone is so far advance from what I'm use to using. I've uploaded a bunch of songs and will use it as a mp3 player.

Crackberry.com is my new site to find out things to do with my Storm.

I uploaded Hancock the movie to my phone. The Storm plays movies GREAT... even the movie trailor that comes on the phone (Babylon) looks GREAT.

I uploaded Hancock the movie to my phone. The Storm plays movies GREAT... even the movie trailor that comes on the phone (Babylon) looks GREAT.

That movie trailer blew me away..........

I'm trying to figure out how to get the album art to show with my music I downloaded to it. Everyone keep saying to use media monkey and it will do it for you but it's not doing it for me.

Fooled around with it but I absolutely hate the touch screen. Its not as reactive as what I've gotten used to with the touch pro. Display on the screen is probably the best I've seen but other than that not really enough to make me switch from the pro.

Fooled around with it but I absolutely hate the touch screen. Its not as reactive as what I've gotten used to with the touch pro. Display on the screen is probably the best I've seen but other than that not really enough to make me switch from the pro.

the more you use it the more you get familiar with it... it was hard for me at first... now im a pro.

Have you heard anything about if or when they are supposeto make the merger final with alltel?

They are in final talks now... suppose to be first quarter 09.. basically just final paperwork being finished now. I know its going to be a MESS when everything is final. Alltell has a COMPLETELY different phone lineup than we have. I worked for Cingular when the AT&T merger went through and it was rough. All the Alltell workers have to learn our systems (which will take some time). The good thing is it gives us more centers to transfer to. I heard Alltell just big a brand new center in Charlotte.... and that is where I been trying to get.

Im mostly wondering when they're going to start allowing us to pull rev a speed from their towers rather than just 1X. I can pull rev a from sprint but there is a verizon tower right up the street.

Man, I'm really starting to like this phone more and more. Wish they get their app store up and running. I've added google maps and weatherbug so far and love it. I've added a bunch of songs to it and use it as a mp3 player. Got to learn how to use it as a audio recorder next.

Im too lazy to read this entire thread...but did yall know a new and improved Storm will be coming out?? It will be in September and more comparable to the iPhone... (i talked to the guy who is actually designing it and has a prototype) I told the guy they are pulling the same stuff iPhone did when they first released...

Im too lazy to read this entire thread...but did yall know a new and improved Storm will be coming out?? It will be in September and more comparable to the iPhone... (i talked to the guy who is actually designing it and has a prototype) I told the guy they are pulling the same stuff iPhone did when they first released...

havent heard anything about it... but phones usually come out with a "part 2" every 10-12 months.

Thats one reason i never buy a first generation electronic device. After a few months it'll be half the price with a newer version and fewer bugs.

Thats one reason i never buy a first generation electronic device. After a few months it'll be half the price with a newer version and fewer bugs.

with most electronics now if their is a bug, a fix or update can easily be sent over the air to fix it. The Storms werent expensive from the beginning so I doubt if the price will be slashed in half..... but with most eletronics after a few months the prices will be slashed. Even with most gaming systems. Blackberry's are never expensive anyway.

Verizon Reports 1 Million BlackBerry Storms Sold

onemillionstorms.jpg

The BlackBerry Storm smart phone, put on sale Nov. 21 exclusively by Verizon in the U.S., has sold 1 million units through January, company officials said today.

"That's not a bumpy start," a spokeswoman said today, in reaction to a recent report in the Wall Street Journal that characterized the rollout and a quick software update as "bumpy."

The success in the wireless segment included sales of the Storm, which was built by Research in Motion Ltd. Today's earnings statement included a few short references to how "customers across the country lined up to purchase the new BlackBerry Storm," when it went on sale Nov. 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back