Blackberry Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSU*Toi

Sidekick vs Samsung Glyde vs LG Voyager

My niece ( 15 yo) needs a new cell phone. She has had her T-mobile Sidekick for about a year. But the thing is falling a part and they are giving me issues with processing the insurance claim.

Verizon is giving me a deal if I port her number over to them so I am thinking of switching her over to Verizon and getting her a new phone but I don't know which one to get her since she is coming from the Sidekick. So I need some suggestions... These are the 2 I am looking at can you all help. This is also one of her birthday presents so I can't ask her.

So which one do you all suggest. Thanks :tup:

This is the phone she has. Sidekick

large_4078bbc27dabbdab3850c75c29f9d874.jpg

Sidekick LX

Option 1...Samsung Glyde
large_6bc1287234936c97ff3a21a204bc5771_4.jpg

Option 2...LG Voyager
large_9baf6c87959820aa3ce884f9fd145566.jpg

Re: Sidekick vs Samsung Glyde vs LG Voyager

Ditto Kellis, I bought the voyager the week it was released, although I recently had some problems with my touch screen(it would dial and do other functions without any touching), and they had to send me a new phone. It worked out well though because I have the upgraded phone and they have worked out the kinks from the original.

I was going to get her the voyager based on you two but it is 149.00 and the glyde is 79.00 so she got the glyde. :lol: But thanks for your help.

My niece ( 15 yo) needs a new cell phone. She has had her T-mobile Sidekick for about a year. But the thing is falling a part and they are giving me issues with processing the insurance claim.

Verizon is giving me a deal if I port her number over to them so I am thinking of switching her over to Verizon and getting her a new phone but I don't know which one to get her since she is coming from the Sidekick. So I need some suggestions... These are the 2 I am looking at can you all help. This is also one of her birthday presents so I can't ask her.

So which one do you all suggest. Thanks :tup:

This is the phone she has. Sidekick

large_4078bbc27dabbdab3850c75c29f9d874.jpg

Sidekick LX

Option 1...Samsung Glyde
large_6bc1287234936c97ff3a21a204bc5771_4.jpg

Option 2...LG Voyager
large_9baf6c87959820aa3ce884f9fd145566.jpg

I have the LG Voyager! It's nice and has a lot of nice features. My wife just bought the newer version of the LG Voyager. It's smaller but has even more features.

I was going to get her the voyager based on you two but it is 149.00 and the glyde is 79.00 so she got the glyde. :lol: But thanks for your help.

The prices have dropped now on the Voyager.

The prices have dropped now on the Voyager.

I'm still seeing it with the same price $149.

I'm waiting till late Oct or early Nov to go change out my phone. I can do my new 2 year plan then and I have to add another line for my daughter.

What kind of plans do everyone have? Minutes, family plan, text/pic messenging.

I'm still seeing it with the same price $149.

I'm waiting till late Oct or early Nov to go change out my phone. I can do my new 2 year plan then and I have to add another line for my daughter.

What kind of plans do everyone have? Minutes, family plan, text/pic messenging.

Two months ago my wife and I were at this B.J's store which is similar to CostCo or Sam's and they had a Verizon store there. We looked at the Voyager and it was $99. My wife bought me the Voyager back in November of last year I think for like $150. Maybe the price varies in certain areas.

I work for Verizon Wireless....

about the Voyager price.... they were $99 for about 2 weeks then went back to $149.

as far as phones.... Dont get the Glyde.... we have been having alot of differenet issues with them. If she is with Verizon, I would go with the Decoy, the Dare, Voyager or enV2.... those are reliable phones.

as far as phones.... Dont get the Glyde.... we have been having alot of differenet issues with them. If she is with Verizon, I would go with the Decoy, the Dare, Voyager or enV2.... those are reliable phones.

Well, I may need some inside info fo the specials coming up soon. I can re-up for my new for 2 and I want to get the best deal.

As of yesterday the Voyager was back down to $99... do you know if you have a New Every Two amount on your upgrade? Its usually $50 or $100. The phone may be free for you.

If at all possible I would hang on and preorder the G1.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/g1/overview.html

You're talkin about a near computer on your cell phone. The UI has the look of an iPhone but the actual hardware is not as sleek. But I'd say its up to par with the look of most of the current PDA phones.

If at all possible I would hang on and preorder the G1.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/g1/overview.html

You're talkin about a near computer on your cell phone. The UI has the look of an iPhone but the actual hardware is not as sleek. But I'd say its up to par with the look of most of the current PDA phones.

The tighest phone right now is the Blackberry Storm.... due to be released within the next month only on Verizon Wireless... first all touch screen Blackberry.

rim_blackberry_thunder_9500_series2.jpg

The tighest phone right now is the Blackberry Storm.... due to be released within the next month only on Verizon Wireless... first all touch screen Blackberry.

I've got a plain Verizon blackberry from my job. Would it make sense to give up my Voyager for the Blackberry Storm?

As of yesterday the Voyager was back down to $99... do you know if you have a New Every Two amount on your upgrade? Its usually $50 or $100. The phone may be free for you.

I have the New every Two which use to be $200 and now I think it's $100.

Dam that phone looks tight..........

That sucker looks SLICK!!! But come Oct 22nd I think Blackberry (on the average consumer front at least) and definitely Windows Mobile based phones will be in trouble. The OS running on that G1 will become available to all phone makers that day for free. If it starts showing up on phones like the high end touch screen HTC's its probably over. Thats functionality and style equal to if not better than the iPhone on multiple styles of phones and multiple carriers. At any rate cell phones are about to get interesting again as a whole.

Looks like I may be upgrading to this phone.

One question...is there a way to lock the internal keyboard on the Voyager?

about the Voyager price.... they were $99 for about 2 weeks then went back to $149.

Dude I just for her phone in the mail today I am taking it back. After all the issues I had with her sidekick I don't need another phone that will give her trouble.

I have the blackberry 8830 which I got in Feb. but I am going to change when the Blackberry Storm comes out.

I've got a plain Verizon blackberry from my job. Would it make sense to give up my Voyager for the Blackberry Storm?

Im going to be honest... if you are full to the full querty keyboard... you may not like an all touch screen phone. They arent made for everyone.... now I got to use a "beta" Storm about 2 weeks ago. When turned longways you get a full keyboard that is easy to work with (if you text).... people have been calling asking abou the Storm for about 4 months now every since it got leeked through phonescoop....We had to order alot of them to get an exclusive contract.. they will sell good. Its all a matter of preference.

We lost ALOT of customers to AT&T when the iphone came out... (there are also alot coming back after a 30 day trial).... but Verizon got the exclusive deal to get more of those customers back. With the Alltell merger set to be complete by December, Verizon will not only be the Americas most Reliable Network, but also Americas largest cell phone company... Right now Verizon wirless is behind AT&T.

Sprint moved to the bottom of the major carriers and are losing millions of customers each quarter. Sprint is not expected to last another 4 years as a cell phone company. The Nextel merger KILLED Sprint.

Im going to be honest... if you are full to the full querty keyboard... you may not like an all touch screen phone. They arent made for everyone.... now I got to use a "beta" Storm about 2 weeks ago. When turned longways you get a full keyboard that is easy to work with (if you text).... people have been calling asking abou the Storm for about 4 months now every since it got leeked through phonescoop....We had to order alot of them to get an exclusive contract.. they will sell good. Its all a matter of preference.

I send a lot of emails from my bb how is it for sending emails? Also how is the sound quality? I hated the iphone because the sound suxs and you always had to use an ear piece. And what about the seeing the screen in the sun?

I send a lot of emails from my bb how is it for sending emails? Also how is the sound quality? I hated the iphone because the sound suxs and you always had to use an ear piece. And what about the seeing the screen in the sun?

sending emails will basically be the same as the BB you have now... Now I cant tell you about sound quality because I didnt make any calls on it.... i was just looking through the features and apps... I do know it has an enhanced screen that will be the best screen out on a cell phone.

this is the keyboard when turned long ways

landscape1.jpg

this is the screen when turned straight up.

email_portrait1-374x499.jpg

the phone will also have visual voicemail (like the i phone).... where you dont have to listen to all the voicemails to get to the one you want. You just touch the one you want to listen to.

sending emails will basically be the same as the BB you have now... Now I cant tell you about sound quality because I didnt make any calls on it.... i was just looking through the features and apps... I do know it has an enhanced screen that will be the best screen out on a cell phone.

this is the keyboard when turned long ways

landscape1.jpg

this is the screen when turned straight up.

email_portrait1-374x499.jpg

the phone will also have visual voicemail (like the i phone).... where you dont have to listen to all the voicemails to get to the one you want. You just touch the one you want to listen to.[/QUOTE]

Ok I am going to get it just for that feature. I hate checking voicemails and knowing I can skip some is great. I am so excited about this phone.

Last question on the storm... Does it have blackberry messenger? That's my only deal break I love this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back