Black Republican Speaks Out !!!!!

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
By the way, it only takes one vote to win an election...Kennedy won by an average of one vote per precint when he was elected President. And based our voting percentages one vote is important, Im sorry your scope is so limited.
limited scope??? ha hahahah
My comment about your no vote for Hillary was in jest since it obviously would not have made a bit of damn difference if you had voted for her opponent. :uhoh:

The generalities and rhetoric that you are spouting may "impress" an uneducated, politically ignorant person. But I'm neither uneducated nor politically ignorant.
If I was so inclined, I could take you to task on the mumbo jumbo you have put down in this thread because I see it for exactly what it is. Its almost as if you have been programmed to believe in everything Republican.

and you can laugh all you want about me talking to Trent Lott about what the Rep Party can do for black america....that man is one of the most powerful men in Washington, and for him to even engage in the conversation with ME I consider an honor...BTW, when was the last time Ted Daschale talked to you, yeah, I thought so.
I'm so happy to hear that Trent Lott engaged you in conversation. Obviously, you consider this moment so earthshattering in your life since you bring it up. Did he tell you the meaning of life? Did he give you an autographed picture that you have on your wall? Trust me, I couldn't care less and frankly I'm kind of surprised that "A capain in the Army" is jumping up and down about it. I guess if I'm a good boy, maybe one day I can meet TomDaschle and engage him in conversation.

BTW this conversation occurred after we just worked for 4 hours straight on a Habitat for Humanity house (occupied by a black family)
Why is it necessary for you to point out the race of the family?? Am I supposed to be impressed now??

And mabye if you took the time to see or write Jesse Helms or Bob Barr they might be able to answer your questions, I don't know what they would tell you.
Sorry bruh, but I don't need racist white politicians to tell my black butt how to be black. Even though you seem to hang on their every word, I don't!

But I hate it when somebody is way more Conservative than I could ever be and holler they are Democrat.
That speaks volumes and points to your own contradictions. Obviously, you are stuck on labels and party affiliations. If anybody wants to vote for a Democratic candidate, but at the same time have conservative views on some issues, why hate?
Do you hate yourself for being a self-professed Republican but at the same time voting for candidates aligned with the Democratic Party.
:smh:

And you can laugh all you want about me talking to Trent Lott about what the Rep Party can do for black america....that man is one of the most powerful men in Washington, and for him to even engage in the conversation with ME I consider an honor...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Did he give you an application to join the CCC?

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Sorry bruh, but I don't need racist white politicians to tell my black butt how to be black. Even though you seem to hang on their every word, I don't!

That speaks volumes and points to your own contradictions. Obviously, you are stuck on labels and party affiliations. If anybody wants to vote for a Democratic candidate, but at the same time have conservative views on some issues, why hate?
Do you hate yourself for being a self-professed Republican but at the same time voting for candidates aligned with the Democratic Party.
:smh:

You seem to be missing the point, bruh. It's all about access, If no politician hears you and addresses your needs they are gonna address the needs of someone they do hear from. And WTF do you mean by being black...Uhh, don't you do that via your parents being black an you being born. Well, I guess that depends on your definition of Black. Hell, Ive been told I thought I was white by fuka muthas that did'nt graduate from High School just because I went to the Library. I don't know where you are from but Im sure some ignorant individual called you a sell out just because you went to college, and have a career....so to them, you would'nt be black. So it's all relative...but, I guess you wanna keep it real, hunh? Where does the racist politician fit into this, If he is a racist he don't give a ISHT bout you...so he dosent fit anywhere in telling you your black. You can do that via a mirror.
:rolleyes:

By the way, I don't hate participating in the political process in any matter, especially at the voting booth. And I damn sure don't hat myself But, anyone responding in this forum has only a 25% chance of being a voter anyway.

Oh, and yes this Captain was jumping up and down about meeting someone responsible for defense spending legislation and things of that nature. Mabye, if you had served 2 combat tours like I did you would understand....I know you don't care, I surely don,t care about what you think. So we are going nowhere with this. Cuz I can't and don't want to change your mind.
Mabye we can talk about PUDDIN from know on, Im sure thats something we probably can agree upon.:D

Originally posted by BgJag

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Did he give you an application to join the CCC?

No, but he did give me some Food Stamps, a WIC application, a free membership card to the ACLU, an autographed picture of Monica Lewinsky, the Key to Al Gore's "Lock Box" and a Jesse Jackson T-Shirt.
:D :D :D :D :D

Well, this seems like an "interesting" discussion...I don't know if I have the energy to really make a comment, though

IT'S ALL ABOUT PUDDIN....!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna put Liberal V.S. Conservative views in terms of PUDDIN so the Layman can understand (Get it...Layman, lol)...

Let's say you have some PUDDIN that you have put care and stock into.....

Would you wan't the Bearer of that PUDDIN to be Liberal or Conservative with that PUDDIN !!!!

If She is Liberal with that PUDDIN..she is gonna hand it out to whoever is asking/begging for it like GOVT. CHEESE.....

If She is Conservative with that PUDDIN..she is gonna give it up to only those that have invested properly and are truly worthy of it....

If after listening to this analogy, you are still truly Liberal in your Ideology....then let me "DIP OFF INTO" and "BENEFIT" from your PERSONAL stock of PUDDIN.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Where are U Liberals?

So far you have shown that you are not worthy of my Mettle.
Where are you ?? I know you can look up enough Bleeding Heart/Save the Whales/SameSex Marriage/GunControl websites to find at least some fodder to counter my so called propaganda.
Is Jesse Jackson on Vacation, is Hillary Clinton on Sabbatical ??
Where are you Liberals ????
In the last few threads there has been no rebuttal, no counterattack...why, have you no fodder ????

Has Bill Clinton not given you enough political ammunition with his ASININE statments such as..."If I had a Crisis like this in my tenure, then I would have a Popularity rating as high as Pres. Bush's now"

Liberals where are you ?????

I guess if I talk about PUDDIN then you will come back and defend your beliefs........tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MB,

You sound like this Jackson mayoral candidate I know. He went to JSU, too. You probably know him. :D

Originally posted by Robber
MB,

You sound like this Jackson mayoral candidate I know. He went to JSU, too. You probably know him. :D

Umm, let's see...I heard that guy that Ran for Mayor was hella cool.

But , I heard that his older brother was a true paragon of virtue and several celebrities such as Janet Jackson and Halle Berry want to sire his children. :D :D

Food for thought......

December 25, 2001
By KEVIN SACK

JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Dec. 19 ? Steven Price, the proprietor of the Wise Choice Barber Shop on Jacksonville's north side, was none too happy with George W. Bush this time last year. In this city's heavily black and Democratic neighborhoods, like the one where Mr. Price wields his trimmer, one of every five votes was thrown out because of confusion over the ballot, and folks here were street- marching mad.

It was, in the eyes of Mr. Price and many other African-Americans, an outrageous disenfranchisement of black voters in a state where Mr. Bush won the thinnest of majorities and, as a result, the presidency. "I thought he was a crook, that he bought the election," Mr. Price said. "I just thought it was fixed."

But listen to Mr. Price now, as he assesses Mr. Bush's performance since the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Not only does he approve wholeheartedly of the war in Afghanistan, he also has no qualms
about the civil liberties implications of the government's antiterrorism measures, including the Bush administration's interrogation of Middle Easterners and its possible use of military tribunals to try terrorism suspects.

"I think he's handled the situation properly and he's showing that he's a strong president," Mr. Price, 31, said on a quiet afternoon in his shop. "I don't even look at him now as having bought the presidency. I just look at him as president."

As Mr. Bush's father can attest, a president's wartime popularity can be ephemeral, particularly if war is followed by recession. But for the moment, a striking component of Mr. Bush's immense public approval is his high level of support from black Americans, hardly any of whom voted for him.

Pollsters and black political leaders say that Mr. Bush's ratings reflect the patriotism and unity felt by all Americans, and may demonstrate black support for the country more than for Mr. Bush himself. But they also note that the distance Mr. Bush has traveled with black Americans says much about the influence of a foreign conflict on public opinion.

The latest New York Times/CBS News poll, taken from Dec. 7 to 10, found that nearly three of every four blacks and nine of every 10 whites approved of Mr. Bush's performance.

The poll's sampling of blacks was not large enough to measure the support for Mr. Bush with precision. But its general findings are reinforced byother polls, including a Gallup survey taken Dec. 14-16 that found that more than two-thirds of blacks approved of the president's performance. In early October, Mr. Bush's approval ratings among blacks exceeded 80 percent in the
Gallup poll.

By contrast, surveys of voters leaving the polls in November 2000 found that Mr. Bush received only 8 percent of the black vote, the worst showing of any Republican presidential candidate since at least 1972, when modern exit polling began.

Until Sept. 11, Mr. Bush's ratings among blacks remained relatively low. In the Times/CBS and Gallup polls, he never received positive marks from more than half of the blacks surveyed, and typically no more than a third were approving.

Some of Mr. Bush's newfound popularity with blacks may be a product of the war's power to obscure concerns about the economy and other domestic issues.
Some blacks also have been impressed by the high- profile roles being played by members of minorities in Mr. Bush's cabinet, like Secretary of State Colin L. Powell and Condoleezza Rice, the national security adviser.
Whatever the reasons, Mr. Bush is finding support these days in the unlikeliest of places.

"I think he's done a tremendous job in managing the war on terrorism," said Donna Brazile, a leading black Democratic strategist and the manager of Al Gore's presidential campaign in 2000. "He's rallied the country, kept us focused on goals and kept us informed. I don't have any beef with him."

Like many other black Americans, Ms. Brazile said she had put aside her bitterness over the Florida recount "because it looked quite trivial when put next to Sept. 11."

"I still believe Al Gore won the election," she said, "but it doesn't matter anymore."

Ms. Brazile and other political analysts predicted that the warm feelings of African-Americans toward Mr. Bush would not last, and that he was unlikely to win many black votes in the 2004 election.

After all, former President Bush, who won 12 percent of the black vote in his 1988 victory, had a job approval rating of 72 percent from blacks at the height of the Persian Gulf war in March 1991. Twenty months later, he won only 10 percent of the black vote in losing to Bill Clinton.

George W. Bush's support among blacks "is as broad as could be but it doesn't run deep and he doesn't have coattails," said Ms. Brazile, who pointed out that blacks voted overwhelmingly last month for the winning Democratic candidates for governor in New Jersey and Virginia.

But she said Democratic polling and focus groups before those elections suggested that blacks would not have responded well to attacks on Mr. Bush.

"They wanted to hear about issues and comparisons" she said, "but nothing anti-Bush."

Julian Bond, the chairman of the N.A.A.C.P., said Mr. Bush had benefited because the war on terrorism had "driven most of the radical conservative agenda both out of the headlines and out of present-day politics."

And David A. Bositis, a leading analyst of black voting behavior for the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, said blacks would eventually become discontented with Mr. Bush because of rising unemployment, which stood at 10.1 percent for blacks in November, double the rate for whites. Spending on defense and domestic security will leave little for education, health care and Social Security, he said, and blacks will then remember the impact of the Bush tax cuts.

That is already true for some blacks here in Jacksonville, a city of 780,000 where blacks make up 28 percent of the population. Fred R. Taylor, a 48-year-old construction worker, was laid off two weeks ago and blames the president.

"We had eight good years under Clinton and now we've had this guy in office for one year and there's no money left in the economy," Mr. Taylor said.

As for the war, Mr. Taylor seems satisfied with the way it has been conducted, but says he thinks Mr. Bush's "father is telling him what to do."

Similarly, the Rev. George A. Price, the longtime pastor of St. Matthew Baptist Church here, said Mr. Bush had simply made the obvious moves in leading the war effort.

"The bottom line is that in these times you've got to support your leader,"Mr. Price said. "Would I vote for him? No. But do I think that there should be any overt opposition? Not at a time like this."

But others in Jacksonville seemed almost sheepish in admitting that they had voted for Mr. Gore last year. They said that Mr. Bush had shown them something during the last three months, and that they would at least consider voting for him in the future.

"I've got all good things to say about him right now," said Robert K. Hickson, a 22-year-old firefighter who voted for Mr. Gore. "From what I get, he's keeping cool, he's showing good leadership, he's supporting all the troops. So far it seems like it's working."

Margaret A. Izevbizua, a 40-year- old nurse, said Mr. Bush had impressed her enough to have earned her consideration in 2004.

"He went forward with action, not just talk," Ms. Izevbizua said. "I didn't vote for Bush. I voted for Gore. I was born and raised a Democrat. But after all this happened, I said, `Well, you know, he turned out to be different.'I don't look at him as being Republican or Democrat."

Some polls have suggested that blacks, presumably because of their history as victims of civil rights abuses, are more concerned than whites about ethnic profiling and other civil liberties issues growing out of the war on terrorism. But little of that showed up in interviews in Jacksonville.

Several people said the magnitude of the Sept. 11 attacks and the threat of future terrorism left the government little choice but to put the rights of Middle Easterners second to security concerns.

"From my view, it's like, Welcome to my world," said Steven Price, the barber. "Blacks go through that every day. I wouldn't say it's right. But with people's lives being wasted like that, it's worth giving them a little more attention."

And many of those interviewed seemed to feel that if it had been permissible for years to mistreat African-Americans because of their ethnicity, the same should now hold true for Middle Easterners.

"If it involves the civil liberties of African-Americans, we get involved,"said George Price, the pastor, who is a veteran of civil rights protests here. "If it involves the civil liberties of anybody else, we tend to sit on the sidelines."

The only thing that article proves is that most Americans are down with retaliation. If they attack us, we should blow them the "L" up. Any President would get high approval ratings by fighting back.

I, for one, will not be swayed one way or the other by these circumstances. Dubya is still an idiot. I won't say I won't vote Republican, because I have. I will say that I won't vote for Dubya.

The only thing that article proves is that most Americans are down with retaliation. If they attack us, we should blow them the "L" up. Any President would get high approval ratings by fighting back.

I, for one, will not be swayed one way or the other by these circumstances. Dubya is still an idiot. I won't say I won't vote Republican, because I have. I will say that I won't vote for Dubya.

BTW, I appreciate your response playa...and you as we all should look past the veils that have been placed over our eyes for so many years.....
But I do have a question for you Robber..You aint down with Dubya, You think he is an Idiot...

If you agree with the above then please send the Tax refund check he sent you to me....I can use it wisely.

Oh, he did appoint a JSU alum (Rod Paige) as Secretary of Education and Colin Powell does currently hold the highest positon EVER in the history of this country as a black man.

I know you are really down for the cause...anybody that spends as much money in Freelon's as you and I do gotz to be Republicans.:D :D :D :D :D

BTW, Tiny needs us to vote Republican to get him Free. :lmao: :lmao:

Dude,

I ain't seen a refund check since I was a student at J-State. And as for those appointments, they were as political as the job itself. I'm not impressed by appointments. I'm impressed by what's happening. Anyone can make an appointment to create an appearance. Democrats included. I'll judge by the job you do and your actions, which are guided by your views.

Again, I vote by candidate. And I will play the lesser of two evils game, too.

figure head

...and Colin Powell does currently hold the highest positon EVER in the history of this country as a black man.

Since you didn't address it the first time I posted, here it is again.

Btw, Colin wasn't allowed to have the last say on some of the top cabinets personnel in the State Dept. Go figure.

Dude,

Again, I vote by candidate. And I will play the lesser of two evils game, too.

I couldn't disagree with you less. I would like to add the Kennedy factor to that. See the Kennedy's (thru there pops) realized that you need a guaranteed base. So they played the role of loving black folks (much to the dismay and dislike of the rest of the dems, who later, to some degree became republican).

They knew that one day black people, like it or not, were going to be engrained in the fabric of the nation. If you reach out to them when no one else would, then you will have them for life. The Kennedy's died, but the love from us was then attached to the party that they were in. The same shift is happening now with the GOP and hispanics.

What I like about your posts Robber is that it shows independent thinking. I do not want all of "us" to support the GOP, that would only put all of "us" in the same boat we are in now. All I want is for some of "us" to start thinking before we give our vote away to get very little if anything at all in return.

I know you be up in Freelon's holding it down holding it down, So I will close with sumptin from da good book...

Cast not your talents unto swine, less they be trampled.

Meaning, don't give away your goods to those who do not respect them or earn them, cuz all they gone do is run over you.

Back