Bishop Paul Morton Message to Bishop Eddie Long

Tiger1

Bishop Paul Morton Message to Bishop Eddie Long

iframe>

Well-meaning and with good intent. I heard him say that his calls had not been returned.

I don't know if he made a trip to visit Eddie Long, but that should have been done before this step was taken. I hope Long hears and governs himself accordingly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well-meaning and with good intent. I heard him say that his calls had not been returned.

I don't know if he made a trip to visit Eddie Long, but that should have been done before this step was taken. I hope Long hears and governs himself accordingly.

Agreed!

It says to repent, but how can one repent when he was possibly born a homosexual and that's who he is? He can repent of lying and deceiving folks because he perhaps wasn't born that way, but due to biological circumstances, he it's highly unlikely that he will fully repent of being a homosexual.

Question: If he remains a homosexual, can he still be a preacher in the church?

If Eddie Long admits he's a homosexual (which I suspect he is) then he can't be a preacher in that church. The congregation and the staff at NB won't allow it. It would contradict what they believe the bible says about homosexuality.

If he never admits he's a homosexual, or those in the church never press him about it, then Long is going to hold his same position.

It says to repent, but how can one repent when he was possibly born a homosexual and that's who he is? He can repent of lying and deceiving folks because he perhaps wasn't born that way, but due to biological circumstances, he it's highly unlikely that he will fully repent of being a homosexual.

We all were born in sin. That is who we were. Salvation brings regeneration so we don't have to stay stuck in sin.

My personal position is that homosexuality is a choice. I could be wrong about that but I am going to stick with it until it is proven otherwise. Even so, God's Word has declared that the practice is ungodly and that those who continue to exercise it will have no part in the kingdom of God. He has also declared that His empowerment enables us to eliminate the practice. Since I believe that and have seen that, I will continue to teach it like His Word says to. That would apply to Eddie Long or anyone else: turn away from the practice and turn to God (repentence) and He will deliver you.

We all were born in sin. That is who we were. Salvation brings regeneration so we don't have to stay stuck in sin.

My personal position is that homosexuality is a choice. I could be wrong about that but I am going to stick with it until it is proven otherwise. Even so, God's Word has declared that the practice is ungodly and that those who continue to exercise it will have no part in the kingdom of God. He has also declared that His empowerment enables us to eliminate the practice. Since I believe that and have seen that, I will continue to teach it like His Word says to. That would apply to Eddie Long or anyone else: turn away from the practice and turn to God (repentence) and He will deliver you.

A choice based on what? You have nothing more than an opinion with nothing to support it. Hormonal makeup have a lot to do with whether a man/woman has homosexual/lesbian tendencies. There's no evidence to support that it's a choice.
You're making a decision and influencing others to make a similar decision based on a hunch. That's real scientific.

A choice based on what? You have nothing more than an opinion with nothing to support it. Hormonal makeup have a lot to do with whether a man/woman has homosexual/lesbian tendencies. There's no evidence to support that it's a choice.
You're making a decision and influencing others to make a similar decision based on a hunch. That's real scientific.

I am not making any attempt at being scientific; rather, I am simply following what the Word says on the subject. I have a choice of whether to obey or disobey my responsibility to be faithful to my wife; to remain a virgin until we were married; to keep myself exclusively to her as long as we both live here on earth. We all have the choice to obey. To the person who claims they were born homosexual, I simply say to them "...be born again of the water and the Spirit". The choice is yours.

I willl gladly examine any evidence that you can point me to that shows hormonal makeup contributes to homosexuals inability to control their practices.

dacontinent [QUOTE said:
I am not making any attempt at being scientific;

So you're going off of a hunch, kind of like the religious folks did when they wanted to kill Galileo for claiming that the sun and not the earth, was the center of the galaxy?

I am simply following what the Word says on the subject.

What evidence does the bible have to show that some homosexuals are not born that way? Nothing.

I have a choice of whether to obey or disobey my responsibility to be faithful to my wife; to remain a virgin until we were married; to keep myself exclusively to her as long as we both live here on earth. We all have the choice to obey.

What evidence does the bible have showing that a person cannot be born homosexual? Nothing.
Dacon, face it, you're basing your opinion strictly from the bible. No scientific evidence, no nothing, only opinions from a book no one knows who wrote.
It was written at a time when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was in the middle of a three-tiered world with heaven above and hell below. It was written at a time when people believed that the whole of human reproduction was held in the sperm of a man and a woman was merely an incubator.

In short, we cannot extract modern ideas from an ancient book. The writers of the bible no more understood homosexuality than they understood that a spherical Earth orbited the sun.

To the person who claims they were born homosexual, I simply say to them "...be born again of the water and the Spirit". The choice is yours.

So, water and spirit are supposed to help them? Why can't the water and spirit help the hundreds of thousands who pray for healing from cancer, from heart disease, from diabetes, from arthritis?

If the bible had claimed that homosexuality was fine, would you have issue with it?

I willl gladly examine any evidence that you can point me to that shows hormonal makeup contributes to homosexuals inability to control their practices.

Glad I could help.

"Sexy" Smells Different for Gay, Straight Men, Study Says
Stefan Lovgren
for National Geographic News

May 10, 2005
A new study shows that gay men respond differently from straight men when exposed to a suspected sexual stimulus found in male sweat.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0510_050510_gayscent.html

"When homosexual men smelled the odor of male sweat—more specifically, a chemical in the male hormone testosterone—their brains responded similarly to those of women.

This is one more line of evidence that there's a biological substring for sexual orientation," said Dean Hamer, a geneticist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

Hamer is the author of The Science of Desire: The Gay Gene and the Biology of Behavior. He was not involved in the research, which was conducted by scientists at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden.

For their new study, the scientists added a sexual-orientation element, which revealed a difference in the brain activity of gay and straight men."

So you're going off of a hunch, kind of like the religious folks did when they wanted to kill Galileo for claiming that the sun and not the earth, was the center of the galaxy?...

Dacon, face it, you're basing your opinion strictly from the bible. No scientific evidence, no nothing, only opinions from a book no one knows who wrote.
It was written at a time when people believed the world was flat and that the earth was in the middle of a three-tiered world with heaven above and hell below. It was written at a time when people believed that the whole of human reproduction was held in the sperm of a man and a woman was merely an incubator.
So...you answered for me: the Bible, not a hunch.

What evidence does the bible have to show that some homosexuals are not born that way? Nothing.
The bible does not say that and neither have I.

In short, we cannot extract modern ideas from an ancient book. The writers of the bible no more understood homosexuality than they understood that a spherical Earth orbited the sun.
Homosexuality is not a modern idea. You have said it is pointed to at least as far back as Noah.

So, water and spirit are supposed to help them? Why can't the water and spirit help the hundreds of thousands who pray for healing from cancer, from heart disease, from diabetes, from arthritis?
No ... water and Spirit. Don't get them confused...and they do help millions who pray for healing and millions who have practiced homosexuality as well. While sickness and disease are not abominations in the Scriptures, homosexuality is.

If the bible had claimed that homosexuality was fine, would you have issue with it?
Absolutely not.

Glad I could help.

"Sexy" Smells Different for Gay, Straight Men, Study Says
Stefan Lovgren
for National Geographic News

May 10, 2005
A new study shows that gay men respond differently from straight men when exposed to a suspected sexual stimulus found in male sweat.

"When homosexual men smelled the odor of male sweat—more specifically, a chemical in the male hormone testosterone—their brains responded similarly to those of women.

This is one more line of evidence that there's a biological substring for sexual orientation," said Dean Hamer, a geneticist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

Hamer is the author of The Science of Desire: The Gay Gene and the Biology of Behavior. He was not involved in the research, which was conducted by scientists at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden.

For their new study, the scientists added a sexual-orientation element, which revealed a difference in the brain activity of gay and straight men."

You helped my case, not yours. What I asked for:

You presented an articles relative to attraction, not practices.

What yall sleeping on is the fact that Paul Morton wife caught him in bed with another man a few years before Katrina

dacontinent; [QUOTE said:
So...you answered for me: the Bible, not a hunch.

Yeah, just like th the hunch that the world was flat and the Earth was the center of the solar system.

The bible does not say that and neither have I.

In other words, you have zero evidence to support your theory that a person can't be born homosexual. What's new.

Homosexuality is not a modern idea. You have said it is pointed to at least as far back as Noah.

Where has the bible pointed out that homosexuality in some cases is not biological? Nowhere. The bible is so outdated it's laughable. Folks just pick and choose what they want to observe, then make excuses to throw away the parts they don't want to observe anymore.
Where's the stoning of children? Where's the selling of women to their rapists? Where's the flat earth? Where's the Earth being the center of the solar system? That's right, they're outdated and have no usefulness in modern times.

No ... water and Spirit. Don't get them confused...and they do help millions who pray for healing and millions who have practiced homosexuality as well. While sickness and disease are not abominations in the Scriptures, homosexuality is.

Where are these millions who have been healed of homosexuality? Show the evidence that millions are being healed of homosexuality, of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and arthritis by praying. Present the data you claim.

Absolutely not.

Then you must admit that you're a blind follower and very naive.

You helped my case, not yours. What I asked for:

Your fabrication and imagination knows no bounds. The article clearly stated that, "the findings suggest that brain activity and sexual orientation are linked. It also supports an opinion held by most scientists, that people are born—not bred—gay.
..."This is one more line of evidence that there's a biological substring for sexual orientation," said Dean Hamer, a geneticist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

You just makeup stuff just to be making it up and try and make it fit to the bible. That's highly dishonest and very deceptive.

You presented an articles relative to attraction, not practices.

Just in case you didn't know it, practices begin in the brain before they're carried out. The article clearly shows that there's biological evidence showing that some are born homosexuals.

And what evidence have you produced? Nothing. Up to this point, you've produced nothing but empty rhetoric from a book written by unknown men with one name, having been translated multiple times over hundreds and hundreds of years.

In other words, you have zero evidence to support your theory that a person can't be born homosexual. What's new.
Where has the bible pointed out that homosexuality in some cases is not biological? Nowhere. The bible is so outdated it's laughable. Folks just pick and choose what they want to observe, then make excuses to throw away the parts they don't want to observe anymore.
Where's the stoning of children? Where's the selling of women to their rapists? Where's the flat earth? Where's the Earth being the center of the solar system? That's right, they're outdated and have no usefulness in modern times.

I did not say that a person can't be born homosexual. I said that it is my position that it is a choice until proven otherwise. I have not seen any proof otherwise.

Where are these millions who have been healed of homosexuality? Show the evidence that millions are being healed of homosexuality, of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and arthritis by praying. Present the data you claim.
Use your favorite search engine and start reading. Catch-up with me again in a few years.

Then you must admit that you're a blind follower and very naive.
I am a follower, neither blind nor naive.

Your fabrication and imagination knows no bounds. The article clearly stated that, "the findings suggest that brain activity and sexual orientation are linked. It also supports an opinion held by most scientists, that people are born—not bred—gay.
..."This is one more line of evidence that there's a biological substring for sexual orientation," said Dean Hamer, a geneticist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

You just makeup stuff just to be making it up and try and make it fit to the bible. That's highly dishonest and very deceptive.
You present a finding as fact that the researching scientist himself calls a suggestion. And you try to label me??!! LOL.

Just in case you didn't know it, practices begin in the brain before they're carried out. The article clearly shows that there's biological evidence showing that some are born homosexuals.

And what evidence have you produced? Nothing. Up to this point, you've produced nothing but empty rhetoric from a book written by unknown men with one name, having been translated multiple times over hundreds and hundreds of years.
Murder, rape, love, kindness, and hatred all begin in the brain before they are acted out. I really do not care whether some are born homosexuals. What I care about is those persons' ability to choose their behavior. That is the question I posed to you.

Let me try it a different way: Is there any evidence that says homosexuals do not have the ability to choose whether to engage in homosexual behavior?

Last edited:
dacontinent; [QUOTE said:
I did not say that a person can't be born homosexual. I said that it is my position that it is a choice until proven otherwise. I have not seen any proof otherwise.

The information is out there for you to find. That information holds a lot more water and credibility than a book that just claims that it's a sin.
What evidence does the bible present showing that homosexuality, in some cases isn't a choice? Nowhere.

Use your favorite search engine and start reading. Catch-up with me again in a few years.

No, don't try and slink your way out of this. Since you made the claim, you must present evidence showing that millions have been healed of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.

I am a follower, neither blind nor naive.

Your postings say otherwise. You present no evidence that folks are not born homosexuals, yet you want to condemn their actions and mindset.

You present a finding as fact that the researching scientist himself calls a suggestion. And you try to label me??!! LOL.

That article is light-years ahead of what you've produced so far. So far all you have are "thus sayeth", with not a shred of evidence, no proof, no findings to support anything that's written in the bible on the subject.

Murder, rape, love, kindness, and hatred all begin in the brain before they are acted out. I really do not care whether some are born homosexuals. What I care about is those persons' ability to choose their behavior. That is the question I posed to you.

Your statement sounds very unintelligent. Are folks born murderers? Are folks born rapists? There's no evidence to support that. Are folks born homosexual? There's evidence to support that some are. Now you suddenly say you don't care about that? You want to ignore whether or not they're born homosexual, but you want to question their behavior?

If a person's born a certain way, that will automatically effect his behavior, whether they want it to or not.
If a person is born with no arms, will that effect his behavior? Of course it will.
Just like there are thousands of cancer patients who die every year without being healed after praying, what makes you think that all homosexuals can be healed (if there's such a thing)? Are they supposed to deny who they are and live a lie?

Let me try it a different way: Is there any evidence that says homosexuals do not have the ability to choose whether to engage in homosexual behavior?

You're asking me all the questions, so I'm going to ask you a simple one. What evidence does the bible show that homosexuals have ever been healed from being a homosexual in the bible?

If the biblical god is such a great "healer" of homosexuals, he's doing a poor job with Catholic priests and with preachers like Long.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jayrob, in your opinion, is homosexuality a sickness/disease?

In some cases, it's by choice and in some cases, I believe people are born that way. I don't consider it to be a sickness or a disease.

Last edited:
Why cant he Kendrick? You know that no Bishop/Pastor/Preacher etc is perfect, so how is his lifestyle and different than the Bishop/Pastor/Preacher who doesnt pay tithes on all that he/she earns or one that has remarried?

Why cant he Kendrick? You know that no Bishop/Pastor/Preacher etc is perfect, so how is his lifestyle and different than the Bishop/Pastor/Preacher who doesnt pay tithes on all that he/she earns or one that has remarried?

You are right. No man is perfect. However, don't you think Long would be sending mixed messages if he admitted being a homosexual and then continued to preach without changing his lifestyle, considering for years he spoke out against the practice due to his beliefs about how the bible tackled homosexuality?

and when you say born that way - you mean born attracted to the same sex or born having sex with the same sex?

Some are males are simply born with female tendencies and whatever else that entails just like most heterosexuals are born attracted to the opposite sex.

What about hermaphrodites? If a woman/man can be born with female and male genitalia, how can one deny the brain activity that can be effected by biological makeup while the fetus is in the mother's womb?

In nature, there are various male animals that are born with female genitalia. If it happens in nature with animals, why not humans?

Fact of the matter is that a lot of folks let religious dogma dictate their emotions and beliefs. If the bible had claimed that homosexuality was fine, many folks would have no problem with it and the homosexual problem would be magically solved.

You are right. No man is perfect. However, don't you think Long would be sending mixed messages if he admitted being a homosexual and then continued to preach without changing his lifestyle, considering for years he spoke out against the practice due to his beliefs about how the bible tackled homosexuality?

Did Long know that he was a homosexual before he started in the pulpit? Did he realize he was one in his pre-teen years?

Some are males are simply born with female tendencies and whatever else that entails just like most heterosexuals are born attracted to the opposite sex.

What about hermaphrodites? If a woman/man can be born with female and male genitalia, how can one deny the brain activity that can be effected by biological makeup while the fetus is in the mother's womb?

In nature, there are various male animals that are born with female genitalia. If it happens in nature with animals, why not humans?

Fact of the matter is that a lot of folks let religious dogma dictate their emotions and beliefs. If the bible had claimed that homosexuality was fine, many folks would have no problem with it and the homosexual problem would be magically solved.

Pretty good information but u didnt answer my question....in your opinioin, when you say born that way do you mean they are born attracted to the same sex or born having sex with the same sex?

that depends on if you see Eddie Long as God.....See since no man/preacher/teacher/pastor/bishop is perfect, in a sense all are hypocritical in some areas if they preach the whole bible. It is our jobs as christians to understand the message regardless of the messenger. God has used so many sinners in the bible to get his word to his people (Paul, Peter, Moses, Abraham, David, Jonah, Sampson, Solomon and the list goes on and on. God calls us all to still do his work-regardless of our sin.

that depends on if you see Eddie Long as God.....See since no man/preacher/teacher/pastor/bishop is perfect, in a sense all are hypocritical in some areas if they preach the whole bible. It is our jobs as christians to understand the message regardless of the messenger. God has used so many sinners in the bible to get his word to his people (Paul, Peter, Moses, Abraham, David, Jonah, Sampson, Solomon and the list goes on and on. God calls us all to still do his work-regardless of our sin.

That is true to an extend. But if you are continuing in your sin (being a thief, habitual liar or homosexual) and don't make efforts to try to change that behavior, then how effective will that message be from whoever is delivering it?

I think it would kinda crass for a cat to preach against something he admits he's actively involved in and will not change his behavior. Why would anyone want to even listen to that guy?

No, don't try and slink your way out of this. Since you made the claim, you must present evidence showing that millions have been healed of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
To quote you ...
The information is out there for you to find...
I even offered a suggestion as to how you might get started.

Your postings say otherwise. You present no evidence that folks are not born homosexuals, yet you want to condemn their actions and mindset.
The Scriptures condemn the action. I have no power or authority to condemn anyone. It is the action that the Scriptures speak of, not the disposition of the person. That is what I have spoken to and asked for any scientific evidence that even those persons said to be born with such a condition are incapable of choosing their own actions. Nothing has been presented to show that the behavior is innate.

That article is light-years ahead of what you've produced so far. So far all you have are "thus sayeth", with not a shred of evidence, no proof, no findings to support anything that's written in the bible on the subject.
Really??!!
Hamer cautions that the gay men's different brain activity could be either a cause of their sexual orientation or an effect of it...
Of course this is the conclusion of the same scientist who offered the suggestion ... who was also not involved in the study.
Pheremones do not CONTROL behaviors in humans. That is one of the things that lifts us above the animals.

Your statement sounds very unintelligent. Are folks born murderers? Are folks born rapists? There's no evidence to support that. Are folks born homosexual? There's evidence to support that some are. Now you suddenly say you don't care about that? You want to ignore whether or not they're born homosexual, but you want to question their behavior?
Sorry to be unintelligent, but my question is anything but sudden. Behavior has been my issue all along and nothing has been offered from any scientist to say otherwise.

If a person's born a certain way, that will automatically effect his behavior, whether they want it to or not.
If a person is born with no arms, will that effect his behavior? Of course it will.
Just like there are thousands of cancer patients who die every year without being healed after praying, what makes you think that all homosexuals can be healed (if there's such a thing)? Are they supposed to deny who they are and live a lie?
The Scriptures make me think that. The testimonies of millions who have been delivered from sin tell me that. The lie is that that cannot change; the truth is that Jesus makes it available to them and they have to receive the gift of salvation. So, they are supposed to go past the lie to live the truth.

You're asking me all the questions, so I'm going to ask you a simple one. What evidence does the bible show that homosexuals have ever been healed from being a homosexual in the bible?
  • 1 Tim1:9-17
  • Rom 7:5
  • Rom 8:3-9

If the biblical god is such a great "healer" of homosexuals, he's doing a poor job with Catholic priests and with preachers like Long.
God will not stop you from sin any more than a locked door will stop a thief from stealing if that is what he wants to do. We are back to choosing again. God did not make Adam, Eve, or Jesus robots and He is not doing that with any of the rest of us.

Last edited:
Back