Best African-American movie EVER?

xugrad92

WWW Crooner
I was peepin' the threads in this forum, and I thought this was a great intro to my project.

Some folks say "The Wiz"; others say "Friday";

Well here's your chance to express ya'self! Take my African-American movie poll to see where your tastes fall against others. :argue: :mrt:

Post your results in this thread. :D

Let's Do it Again (with Bill Cosby, Sidney Poiter, Jimmy Walker, John Amos) and Car Wash needs to be added to the List. Anyways my picks:

Shaft (1971)
Uptown Saturday Night
School Daze
New Jack City
Soul Food

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Let's Do it Again (with Bill Cosby, Sidney Poiter, Jimmy Walker, John Amos) and Car Wash needs to be added to the List. Anyways my picks:
And you have to add to that "A Piece of the Action"

My picks were:

Cooley High
Soldier's Story, A
School Daze
Five Heartbeats, The
What's Love Got to Do with It

B-o-o ... The Color Purple is No.1. I hated that movie. I did like Friday, Boys, and the orginal Carmen Jones. Not the one with Beyonce. Malcolm X was also a good one. I loved A. Fisher.

SAME OLD G said:
And you have to add to that "A Piece of the Action"

Yeah, SameOldG, "A Piece of The Action" is on the list. :nod: It's under "Piece Of The Action, A". Sorry, :uhoh: I wasn't too consistent when it came to the grammar articles ("a, an, the").

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:

Shaft (1971)
Uptown Saturday Night
School Daze
New Jack City
Soul Food

You're right, Bulldog. Those two movies are my most common requests. :shame: It's time they're added, before I get "the SWAC down" from this board! :slap:

These are all great movies. I really liked "The Color Purple". What a shame it never recieved any awards.
any who
"Lets do It Again"
"Uptown Saturday Night"
"Imitation Of Life"
"How Stella Got Her Groove Back" (A personal favorite)

Can not believe that the color purple was only mentioned twice in the entire thread. Yall know better than that.

Color Purple is still the number one all time black movie.

Best African-American movie ever?????

1. A Soldier's Story
2. The Color Purple
3. Black Caesar
61. Cotton Comes To Harlem
72. Black Mam, White Mama
100. Petey Wheatstraw; The Devil's Son-In-Law

:dude:

Roots
The Color Purple
Car Wash
Ghost of Mississippi