Benefits of Waiting until Marriage to have sex by Norman Wright

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
1. No guilt, God tells us to wait until marriage. Not waiting will create guilt that will hamper your relationship with him, your sexual partner and everyone else. By waiting you can know, because God says so, that Jesus Christ smiles on your wedding bed.

2. No fear. Waiting insures that you will never afraid, not even to the extent of one fleeting thought, of having to build a marriage on an unexpected pregnancy.

3. Spiritual Growth. Waiting will help you subject your physical drives to the Lordship of Christ, and thereby develop your self control, and are later separated temporarily (ex. business trip), then this discipline early in your relationship will give both of you confidence and trust in each other during that time of separation.

4. Greater joy. Waiting insures that there will be something saved for your marriage relationship, for that first night and fulfillment of your relationship in sexual union is exciting. Don't spoil it by jumping the Gun.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Excellent post, Bulldog!!! That's why I decided a while ago to abstain. When you have sex with someone, you become one with that person. There is only one person I choose to become one with and that's my husband.

Stay Strong BluBlood....,

I have 25 days left to my big day:D , Abstinence has just brought to me a closer relationship with the Lord since I am praying to him more to give me strength.:D And its true in Corithians when Paul says that God won't let you be tempted with more than you can handle. Flee baby, just flee....,:D

I'm just asking questions.

Originally posted by BluBlood
Excellent post, Bulldog!!! That's why I decided a while ago to abstain. When you have sex with someone, you become one with that person. There is only one person I choose to become one with and that's my husband.

But since the abstinence is "after the fact", does it still count???? True...it IS possible for you to be celibate with a potential mate, but what about all that you've done before?

Ms.J4J:

Are you saying that you have been abstaining, too???

Ntelekt, good question....,

My pastor shared with me that if a married to be couple did have sex before marriage whether its with each other or in a previous relationship, to simply ask God for forgiveness/repent. He will do it. Don't let the devil trick you into feeling guilty once you humbly confess.

That's interesting.

Because I know that whenever I decide to get married, I would WANT to be celibate throughout the ENTIRE engagement(only possible exception...the day of the proposal;)). Even though relations may have been had previous to this, it still gives you something to "look forward to", especially if someone is engaged at least a year.
Aye...that's a looooong time! :eek: :)

Slow down, now.

Yeah....I know what you said.

But being that the topic was about people waiting to have sex until they are married, and somebody said that they had to hold on for 25 more days, and you came in asking for praying...

...it would be easy for one to think that you were asking for prayer concerning the abstination thing...ESPECIALLY since you TOO are getting married in a matter of weeks! :p

See??? :D

*noticing that she didn't answer the question*

*realizing that I already KNOW the answer...*

Ntelekt, if we humble ourselves and ask for forgiveness, God will forgive. He said go and sin no more!!! I was serious in my abstaining and He knows my heart. As long as you are sincere, the past doesn't matter. He said that he would not remember the sins anymore. Thank you Lord.

The bible also tell us to not lust after another. Therefore, if you are not married to that person and you think about having sex with them, you have commited a sin.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Ice Man
The bible also tell us to not lust after another. Therefore, if you are not married to that person and you think about having sex with them, you have commited a sin.

True. But everyone that isn't gay or something has lusted over a member of the opposite sex. That's just the nature of being human. Is there anyone here who can claim that he/she has never done that before.....<b>ever</b>? :eek:

I think:

Lust is sin of course but I think that the sin of lust is more than just a single natural thought. We've read that "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." The 'eth' at the end of think in this scripture means to continuously think, not necessarily have a single thought of physical attraction and also James 1:15 says that actual sin isn't birthed or formwed until your own fleshly desire begans. If you mentally go through the act of having sex with someone(thinketh, fleshly desire) than that's sin. If a single, split second thought is thrown into your head and you resist the devil immediately, I don't think that will count against you.

I've been guilty of lusting before but who knows, there may be some out there who aren't. This has nothing to do with gay vs straight, we're all in the same spiritual warfare.

nevaehinvesting

Originally posted by nevaehinvesting
but who knows, there may be some out there who aren't

C'mon now....You're actually think that there are people out there who, before they got married, never, ever, thought about having sex with someone? Seriously? And you're saying a split-second and that's it? Ever? Ain't no way someone can repress all of that...it's just the nature of being human - you're going to have sexual thoughts. I mean, that is normal, if you ask me. If someone out there can claim that they've never thought about sex before, I wanna meet him/her....

Well..........

Think about it like .....a school assignment (health & saftety of some science course) or just pondering about being in the bed with someone......

The second one I haven't done....because I've been so busy most of my life just trying to live the best way I know how. And because of that and the advice of MANY people that I look up to, I haven't had the desire to just do it.........(would be up tight about it), and because of that I can say that I haven't thought about having sex. When I see a great looking girl, I don't think about what I can do with "that", I see her as a good looking girl and would like to get to know her......(I'm serious.....as innocent as it sounds I'm telling the truth)..............sometimes it's what you've been through and the enviroment you've been around that makes you who you are.........so just because many people had that desire.......doesn't mean EVERYBODY has that desire..........Though it is natural.....I was converted early, and learned, just as in Romans 12:2 how it means to be transformed by the renewing of your mind: your understandings, thoughts, tolerance levels, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't no dry or dead-boned person or just a "church boy" (I HAVE OTHER PROBLEMS THOUGH), but I haven't had that experience...and I'm searching for my wife before I do have that experience. So in other words......

How can you miss what you've never had??????? Or want it as if you had it before?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Me and my mother have debates about this subject ALL THE TIME. For me personally, I would want to know what I was working with BEFORE i got married. What is you marry someone who cant please you sexually? I dont care how good somebody treats you, if your sex life isnt good, YOU MARRIAGE WILL NOT WORK. For me personally, I LOVE SEX. I am not a HOE, but I am going to know what I am COMMITTING myself to before I marry them. I dont want to be with no woman who scared to mess up her hair while she is having sex. I want a freak in the bedroom and a lady in the streets. I will know what I am dealing with BEFORE i get married. People always talk about so and so is a sin. If you think about it ALMOST EVERYTHING IS A SIN. Yall will post on here what is POLITICALLY CORRECT, but I aint biting my toungue for NOBODY.

I'm not being political........I'm being biblical!!!!!!!

I don't know about you but I'm going to have a very fine, attractive, and (yes this too) GOOD in BED, wife!!!!!

Because of my obedience, and listening to others that have already experienced this........I know I'm going to be blessed with a great wife........because GOD is not going to leave me hanging, and if I stay obedient as I'm looking for my wife, I will choose the right one as I'm led by him........not by my flesh.

A man that findeth a wife findeth a GOOD THING!!!!!!!!! Not a woman but a wife.......someone mature to be one not a woman and have a woman mentality......but a wife that is a woman with the heart of a wife...........

We're living in the LAST Days people,

not throwing stones....
I dont care how good somebody treats you, if your sex life isnt good, YOU MARRIAGE WILL NOT WORK. For me personally, I LOVE SEX

Who's idea was sex??? God's!! Who created the rules for sex??? God did!! You don't set the standard, God does. If you want to know about any PRODUCT then go directly to the MANUFACTURER or at least read the MANUAL!!!

Everything in life = PRODUCTS
Bible = MANUAL
God = MANUFACTURER
Us = STEWARDS of products, created by maunafacturer, explained in manual.

Do you see where we fit in? People don't set our own standards or guidelines for these things(bible calls them sitting ducks for hell) God is the AUTHORITY. Only when YOU create something can YOU makes the rules.

Everybody in (i believe) Matthew 7 - THOUGHT they were going to heaven - but but the SHOCK OF THEIR LIVES when they met face to face with Jesus. It all comes down to YOU doing things YOUR way, or GOD's way. Are you accepting God's standard for your life or creating your own for each situation?"

Sex is like a Fire. Marraige is the only Fireplace that God provides. When THAT fire get out of THAT fireplace, someone is going to get burned sooner or later, but everytime. Husbands, Wives, Preachers, World Leaders etc have been taken down because of sex.

Question: has anybody ever had any bootie that was good enough to go to hell for?
(keep in mind that hell is for eternity, sex is for xx minutes)

neavehinvesting
1 Cor 10:13 = other people overcome temptation, we can too with the Lord. I Love y'all and I'm praying for us. This is a hard area for most.

oh yeah....
A Marriage is built on God, with God's fullness as it's foundation, not Sex. Sex is part of marriage but NOT anywhere in the foundation or you'll have cracks & eventually a falling house.

remember: YOUR WAY GOD'S WAY ....circle one

nevaehinvesting you are on the money...,DaHill..,

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you.....,

....With that in mind, If you seek God first among all things, God will grant you the desires of your heart (its in his word). So if you desire a freak in the sheets when you get married, he will give that if you ask (the most important thing is that she is saved). I am serious. But your purpose is to do it as Nevahinvesting said, God's way. Just trust him. Live for him first. I am a witness. I didn not sleep with my wife before I married her. I will admit, like many I had sex with other women before I got married. As my relationship with God grew, I felt truly sorry and told God I would do right. He forgave me for my sins. I promised God I would abstain until I got married. I totally trusted in God to lead me to the one he wants me to be with (that is another sermon altogether). One who is seeking God like I am seeking God. He did that and among all things guess what? THE SEX IS THE BOMB!!!!!! And its all good. We waited, we prayed, we grew closer spiritually, so when we united God really blessed us in all areas of our life including sexually. According to his word, the bed is undefiled when two are married. I hope this blesses you.

Back