Bayou Classic BOTB needs a new format ASAP!

I have a group of students with me who traveled from Atlanta to see the BOTB & march in the parade tomorrow.

We get to the BOTB at 6, and had to sit through a damn step show, commercials, performers nobody knows, & representatives from organizations who spoke 5 times about the same damn thing.

It was a complete waste of time..by time the bands came out damn near 3 hours later, we could only stay to hear each band play once because it’s late & the kids have to wake up early for the parade tomorrow.

The step show and all that other BS needs to happen earlier in the day. Someone please tell these organizers to get their ish straight!
I agree!

To be fair, its not the same as the Bayou. BC has been around much longer and is a bigger overall event. While the SHC is definitely a great game, its really just a one day affair and TN state are not our natural rivals. The Soul Bowl/CCC could have been a lot better but we didn't have a gameplan. People who are not even affiliated with either school make their way to the Bayou Classic.

My dad went JSU and my mom only went to community college and we were regulars at the Bayou Classic growing up. That's one reason I go so hard at SU on here. I grew up around them.
@jsupop33 Im not comparing the two classics dude, I saying the people over the southern heritage classic do a great job planning all events in a manner that's convenient and use time wisely. In other words the FORMAT of the southern heritage classic is well thought out. Not sure what you are talking about. BC isn't the only classic that has people in attendance that are not affiliated with neither school. Just about every classic has supporters in attendance that are not affiliated with neither school.DUH. Also, the SHC is not a one day event. Lastly, take JSU out of your screen name....

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
To be fair, its not the same as the Bayou. BC has been around much longer and is a bigger overall event. While the SHC is definitely a great game, its really just a one day affair and TN state are not our natural rivals. The Soul Bowl/CCC could have been a lot better but we didn't have a gameplan. People who are not even affiliated with either school make their way to the Bayou Classic.

My dad went JSU and my mom only went to community college and we were regulars at the Bayou Classic growing up. That's one reason I go so hard at SU on here. I grew up around them.
Where did you go?

@jsupop33 Im not comparing the two classics dude, I saying the people over the southern heritage classic do a great job planning all events in a manner that's convenient and use time wisely. In other words the FORMAT of the southern heritage classic is well thought out. Not sure what you are talking about. BC isn't the only classic that has people in attendance that are not affiliated with neither school. Just about every classic has supporters in attendance that are not affiliated with neither school.DUH. Also, the SHC is not a one day event. Lastly, take JSU out of your screen name....
SHC is not comparable to BC. They are too totally different type of events. You can compare the BC to the MCC or maybe the Florida Classic.

Man there is so much going on at the Classic we need to expand the activities to most of the week.

To get rid of those extra activities would be idiotic. The problem solver should be making sure the time slots for each event don't have people out all night because I myself still enjoy a good step show no matter how many times our orgs do the same moves.

corporate support means things take a back seat

all these teams that take ESPN money got to abide when they tell them to play

Funny I just saw this thread- this morning a white co-worker of mine, Texas A&M alum.........last guy you'd expect to say - "My wife and I were down in New Orleans and decided to go to the battle of the bands with Grambling and Southern...........it was great but I sure wish they'd start the bands before 9 and fill in all the dead time.". :D

Are the battle of the bands tickets still first come first serve seating? General admission?

Yes
So you have to get there early to get a good seat in front of the bands...meaning you have to sit through that damn step show and other BS.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back