battle of the drummers

SKIP

I'm a GHOST u no i'm here
tell me if an all conferences battle of the drummers is a good idea. i want to know because i cannot gage how good DA BOX is just by going up against GRAM, SOUTHERN, AND PINE BLUFF. We see these cats every year and to say that we are the best is not right because we only see these cats every year. these are some very good sections and i can't take anything away from them but we need more to compete with if we can get sections from other conferences to compete then we will know. so you cats holla at me and let me know, and get on other pages and holla at FAMU, BC, SC,NC, HOWARD, FISK AND WHOEVER AND SEE WHAT UP. I can try to get this setup in Houston on the 1st weekend in December.

Skip, from what I have observed over the last few years, I haven't seen to many colleges east of the Mississippi river put as much empshasis on the drum section especailly HBCU's. I am not saying that I haven't seen any good ones east of the Mississippi. featuring the drum section @ halftime. The most prominent section that I have seen in the MEAC was of course Norfolk which to a degree are as about as technical as DA BOX. So to answer your question, I think the SWAC as a whole will roast many of the other confernces out there !

Krank is UAPB.

MEAC schools may not feature their drum sections at halftime but some are every bit as good as those over here in the SWAC. Then again are you shure Texans would show up en masse just to see drummers?

Originally posted by lilC
Krank is UAPB.

MEAC schools may not feature their drum sections at halftime but some are every bit as good as those over here in the SWAC. Then again are you shure Texans would show up en masse just to see drummers?
TEXANS LOVE DRUMMERS, SO THAT IS A DONE DEAL. WE HAVE THE FAN BASE. AND HERE IS A LITTLE HISTORY LESSON. KRANK WASN'T KRUNK UNTIL A BOX MEMBER TRANSFERED TO UAPB FOR A SEMESTER OR TWO AND TURN THOSE CATS INTO A BONAFIDE DRUM SECTION. I REMEMBER THE KRANK BACK IN THE LATE 80'S AND THEY WERE NOT TOO COOL. THEY GOT KRUNK IN 90-91..BUT NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: I ain't worried about no other section out there.....MEAC, SWAC, NIAC, Big 10 or whatever conference......I am not being big headed either........Skip, I sure wish someone would set up an all conference drum battle......BOX would lite that mutha on:redhot: :redhot: Can I get a B----O---!!!!!!

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: I ain't worried about no other section out there.....MEAC, SWAC, NIAC, Big 10 or whatever conference......I am not being big headed either........Skip, I sure wish someone would set up an all conference drum battle......BOX would lite that mutha on:redhot: :redhot: Can I get a B----O---!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'M NOT WORRIED EITHER I JUST WANT TO SETTLE MY OWN SOUL. UNTIL IT HAPPENS, I WILL NOT REST BECAUSE THERE IS ANOTHER DRUM SECTION OUT THERE THAT THINKS THAT THEY ARE THE COLDEST AND THAT AIN'T RIGHT...... :redhot:

Originally posted by SKIP
tell me if an all conferences battle of the drummers is a good idea. i want to know because i cannot gage how good DA BOX is just by going up against GRAM, SOUTHERN, AND PINE BLUFF. We see these cats every year and to say that we are the best is not right because we only see these cats every year. these are some very good sections and i can't take anything away from them but we need more to compete with if we can get sections from other conferences to compete then we will know. so you cats holla at me and let me know, and get on other pages and holla at FAMU, BC, SC,NC, HOWARD, FISK AND WHOEVER AND SEE WHAT UP. I can try to get this setup in Houston on the 1st weekend in December.

...Y'all don't mind me putting my couple of dollars in this topic, do you? :D

That would be nice if it was bound to happen now, but the questions fall in money, location and time.

If it was bound to happen now, here are what I believe the best
lines that should compete, and I definitely look for technicality(stick heights, etc.), tight visuals, precision, cleanliness, etc. in any line:

PVAMU's "McFunk B.O.X"
B-CC's "Sudden Impact"-one of the first HBCU drumlines to be featured in PASIC
NSU's "Million Dollar Funk Squad"
NCA&T's "Cold Steel"
Morris Brown's "X-Factor"
UAPB's "K/R/A/N/K"
JSU's "War and Thunder"
TSU's "Funk Train"

Re: Re: battle of the drummers

Originally posted by Mastermind
...Y'all don't mind me putting my couple of dollars in this topic, do you? :D

That would be nice if it was bound to happen now, but the questions fall in money, location and time.

If it was bound to happen now, here are what I believe the best
lines that should compete, and I definitely look for technicality(stick heights, etc.), tight visuals, precision, cleanliness, etc. in any line:

PVAMU's "McFunk B.O.X"
B-CC's "Sudden Impact"-one of the first HBCU drumlines to be featured in PASIC
NSU's "Million Dollar Funk Squad"
NCA&T's "Cold Steel"
Morris Brown's "X-Factor"
UAPB's "K/R/A/N/K"
JSU's "War and Thunder"
TSU's "Funk Train"
nobody asked you to ask me about money, location, or time, i asked if this would be a feesible idea and if anybody would want to participate. i appreciate your technicality input,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now answer the question:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :redhot:

I already knew that "history" lesson. That cat was also a Willowridge Alum.:cool: But trust me, Krank doesn't have that much of a BOX influence at all now.....if any it's VERY minute. They've got they're own style and....well you'll see if you go to the game. They are that good.

I already knew that "history" lesson. That cat was also a Willowridge Alum.:cool: But trust me, Krank doesn't have that much of a BOX influence at all now.....if any it's VERY minute. They've got they're own style and....well you'll see if you go to the game. They are that good.
i'll be at the game you'll see me i'll be the cat that look like the teacher

yup..that i hafto agree with...krank what ever influence they had in the past...is gone..them nikkas on some new shat...and like triple H says..."They are that dayum good"..lol you'll see;) :eek2:

Originally posted by SWAC31
yup..that i hafto agree with...krank what ever influence they had in the past...is gone..them nikkas on some new shat...and like triple H says..."They are that dayum good"..lol you'll see;) :eek2:
well congratulations, i hope ya'll are more show than talk............................and i hope ya'll are that dayum good, because that will make for a good day. we welcome the challenge

Re: Re: Re: battle of the drummers

nobody asked you to ask me about money, location, or time, i asked if this would be a feesible idea and if anybody would want to participate. i appreciate your technicality input,,,,,,,,,,,,,, now answer the question:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :redhot:

Relax, Skip. :) This IS an outstanding idea, believe me. I was just putting in some of my picks if we had the battle right now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: battle of the drummers

Originally posted by Mastermind
Relax, Skip. :) This IS an outstanding idea, believe me. I was just putting in some of my picks if we had the battle right now.
i was just being sacastic no anger intended. you actually gave me the names of some of the drum sections out there that i didn't know, so thanks for that. now do me a favor and let me know if you have some links to any conference sites that they talk big noise about their drum sections so i can try to pump up this battle by talking big noise to them.

i'll be at the game you'll see me i'll be the cat that look like the teacher

Naw, man. I march in the Ocean. Now if I manage to make it down there then str8, you'll see what I mean. Teacher? I don't get it.

Naw, man. I march in the Ocean. Now if I manage to make it down there then str8, you'll see what I mean. Teacher? I don't get it.
ask garnet and marshall, and those cats who skip is. these cats are my old school homies from back in the game. holla at that boy mike in dallas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: battle of the drummers

i was just being sacastic no anger intended. you actually gave me the names of some of the drum sections out there that i didn't know, so thanks for that. now do me a favor and let me know if you have some links to any conference sites that they talk big noise about their drum sections so i can try to pump up this battle by talking big noise to them.

Well, Skip, the only site I know of (which I'm from) is The 5th Quarter. (www.the5thquarter.com), and of course you have to get into the forum's Smack Board if you want to hype things up. By the way, thanks for letting me know about the sarcasm bit. It's cool. :)

ask garnet and marshall, and those cats who skip is. these cats are my old school homies from back in the game. holla at that boy mike in dallas.

gotcha

TEXANS LOVE DRUMMERS, SO THAT IS A DONE DEAL. WE HAVE THE FAN BASE. AND HERE IS A LITTLE HISTORY LESSON. KRANK WASN'T KRUNK UNTIL A BOX MEMBER TRANSFERED TO UAPB FOR A SEMESTER OR TWO AND TURN THOSE CATS INTO A BONAFIDE DRUM SECTION. I REMEMBER THE KRANK BACK IN THE LATE 80'S AND THEY WERE NOT TOO COOL. THEY GOT KRUNK IN 90-91..BUT NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.
Tell it like it is brutha:redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by GoodFella
We will see when PB comes to Houston.....
hold it down krank, don't get krunk cause ya'll are coming to see the p.v. mcphunk, B>O>X and yep you're next to be wreck by the best..............ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ..........we'll see you soooooon.

Back