'Bama St. BOT Against 9-game Mandate

They need to realize that there will be many years they won't play both SU and GSU, and perhaps even some where they play neither.

Fiyah said:
They said that the will make a 9 game schedule which would only let schools get 2 non-conferance games on their own.

I also read somewhere where Vowels said he wanted the first two playing dates to be for conference games. SMH

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sounds like you should move over to the MEAC. I'm sorry, but conference schools are required to play conference schools.

Baylor is 60 miles away from TCU, but have to travel 500 miles to play Colorado.

There are tons of schools that are right next door to other schools, but not in the same conference. Try again.

Da_Sperm said:
Sounds like you should move over to the MEAC. I'm sorry, but conference schools are required to play conference schools.

Sounds like you need to move over to Small Talk.

In the SEC, not all conference schools are required to play each other every year.

Let me say that again, since you obviously didn't know it.

In the SEC, not all conference schools are required to play each other every year.

Oh, and don't bother trying again.

Schools who want to do things on their own should become independents and establish associate membership with a conference to meet NCAA requirements. Looking at Tenn State for example, they play several HBCUs and then they have conference play in the OVC. Therefore, they make money and don't have to play non revenue producing schools because they can get the best BCF has to offer. Most OVC schools do not produce revenue and the SWAC and MEAC fans helps to support those programs by attending those games. Then you have Jacksonville St, who tries to force AAMU to play them to get a big payday and also a member of the OVC. Everyone need money ballgames to supplement their programs, therefore money has become the deciding factor in generating the comments that are being made here. If the thinking is that radical, why not agree to get rid of all BCF Conferences and join white conferences. Since most of us lost our highschools and other institutions, why not just get rid of our conferences and go one step further and merge our state HBCUs with the white university systems. But I know you don,t want to ever think about the possibility of this ever happening.

The SWAC is one of the best conferences to be associated with and getting stronger all the time. If we turn the SWAC in a free for all and allow schools to schedule who they want, schelduling will become a much larger issue. There are only so many dates during the football season and if you have not been involved with how close these ADs work together to put together the current schedules, then you really are not being fair to those who do this as their job. Every conference I know only has 4 to 5 good teams and the rest are average. When major schools play smaller schools those tickets are part of the season ticket packages, but large number of season ticket holder only attend the big game, but the big schools who are making money already have the money in the bank. Our income limits us to what we can afford across the board, so we pick and choose the game we would like to attend, therefore resulting in low attendance, but if each SWAC School could sell atleast 10,000 to 15,000 season tickets we wouldn't have to worry about the attendance on game day. This would be an excellent way along with your contributions to support your programs.

LOL, this is getting better than the smack board. I feel you ASU on this one. We are in the west, and we don't even wanna play Pine Bluff. LOL, they bragging about 12,000 fans

MightyDog said:
Looking at Tenn State for example, they play several HBCUs and then they have conference play in the OVC. Therefore, they make money and don't have to play non revenue producing schools because they can get the best BCF has to offer.

Mighty Dog,

I'm not sure I understood all of your points, but since you brought up the Ohio Valley Conference, I would like to point out that the OVC has ELEVEN MEMBERS, but this year Tennessee State is only playing SEVEN of them.

That is precisely why they are able to play FOUR out of conference teams - all of them HBCU's - to generate more revenue.

Lewis said:
LOL, this is getting better than the smack board. I feel you ASU on this one. We are in the west, and we don't even wanna play Pine Bluff. LOL, they bragging about 12,000 fans

The bid had to have stopped at $0.01 on EBay.

Da_Sperm said:

Deuce said:

Let me say that again, since you obviously didn't know it.

Oh, and don't bother trying again.

Reading is, never mind. I didn't say all conference schools are required to play each other every year.

Fact is, every conference teams has to play each other at some point in time. Oh, when did ASU become a powerhouse of BCF? Of, YOU HAVEN'T!

Da_Sperm said:
I didn't say all conference schools are required to play each other every year.!

:rolleyes:

Da_Sperm said:
Fact is, every conference teams has to play each other at some point in time.

Negro Please.

Everybody knows that. That is not what people on this board had a problem with. We just don't want EVERY SCHOOL to have to play EVERY SCHOOL, EVERY YEAR.

That's what the debate is about.

We don't mind bending Pine Puff over every three or four years if it will make you happy. We just don't want to waste time bending yall over every year.

I don't mind playing every school if we cancel the SGC.

But as for what the BOT at BAMA Jelly are doing.....:jump:

The SWAC mandate to me is not about crabs in a barrel or a superiority complex....yes, the mandate does hinder JSU but right is right and wrong is wrong. It is simply WRONG to act like coons all the time. If someone would simply tell me why it makes sense to play 9 games and then have a SCG, I will be sold. Until then, lets do what is right and what makes sense. I also have a problem with teams not on the rotation playing each other. If they are any good, they will meet in Bham. If not, oh well....deal with it.

I think that we all need to write our BOT's and demand that this mandate be reversed.

Good job BAMA Jelly!!!! (I must admit that I am surprised that a sense of logic is coming out of Alabama.)

DeuceWe don't mind bending Pine Puff over every three or four years if it will make you happy. We just don't want to waste time bending yall over every year.[/QUOTE said:
98 We whopped your asses
99 We whopped your asses
00 Yall whopped our asses
01 Yall whopped our asses
02 We whooped your asses
03 Yall Whopped our asses

Where Is the bending over take place?? Yall got 1 championship in football Just like we do, and now you want to look down on us. Negro Please, come down from dream land if you will. Please dont talk about being D2, your campus looks worse than Valley's......

It is pretty funny to me how the BOT at ASU is so concerned about making money off the the Football Team but they do not want to reinvest any money back into football; ASU need their own Stadium.

However, on the other side of things, the idea of only mandating seven conference games does make sense and it will make dollars. Yes, this will be good for ASU but it will be good for other schools as well! The SWAC has to find a way to grow and be more competitive. The SWAC needs to play some of the other conferences and beat the other conferences. :goodbad:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We will see, "if" you whip our asses on the 4th, we will see you next week and tap that ass in BHAM. As far as ASU wanting to play someone else, I agree. Just dont try to down talk another school to make yours look better when its not.....

Deuce said:
Mighty Dog,

I'm not sure I understood all of your points, but since you brought up the Ohio Valley Conference, I would like to point out that the OVC has ELEVEN MEMBERS, but this year Tennessee State is only playing SEVEN of them.

That is precisely why they are able to play FOUR out of conference teams - all of them HBCU's - to generate more revenue.

Deuce, in every situation, there are those who outsmart the others. All I am saying is that we as a conference must develop plans which is beneficial to the SWAC. When we discuss things that make us feel good, we can make bad decision, but when we make decision from a collective point of view we have more than one or two benefitting.

We want much, but we are not investing to be competative. As we moved from D2 to D1AA in football, we received more, but we also invested more. It is obvious and a no brainer that Tenn St can do what they do, but if they could not schedule the HBCU top or revenue producing schools they would have to look elsewhere for this revenue, but then it would be difficult for them to find the right school. Even in the SEC, they play schools who UL Monroe, but will they play the weakest Big Ten Schools. In most cases they will not because they stand a very good chance of getting beaten.

We talk about going to a seven games schedule, but do you think Su and GSU are going to give up the BC, or the Bamas given up the MCC or JSU/AL Corn and others are going to give up these games? We have to compromise to make things work in the SWAC just as other conferences work out what is best for the conference.

and what makes you think scheduling ASU helps in the West either? Hell, the bands in the West have made attempts to come over there and they never return the favor. Face it..the West is the better draw...

I would just rather see us play opponents who our fans would be interested in seeing and not travel 12 plus hours to play a game that isnt going to count in the standings....Face facts.... we will never have a good crowd with games against PV or Texas So.... and I am sure it is vice versa... I would rather play Tuskegee, FAMU, another MEAC team or even a strong Albany State team. I dont see the point in a mandatory 12 hour bus ride against a conference team when the game doesnt count and there arent going to be any fans there.

the band fan said:
and what makes you think scheduling ASU helps in the West either? Hell, the bands in the West have made attempts to come over there and they never return the favor. Face it..the West is the better draw...

You go to the wrong school everytime. I've told you that Bama State's band will never travel to Texas. When are you guys gonna listen? :smh: Go to Huntsville and you will see the MMW the very next year. Ask Alcorn, they saw AAMU last year for the very first time in Lorman.

Hell, Bama State played Tx.Southern in the Astrodome several years ago. And only about 1,500 fans showed-up at that game. How does anybody's band look sitting in a dome that holds 60,000 people and only filling 1,500 seats. It's no telling how much money Bama State lost for going that far to a city with over 3-4 million people. It's a crying shame. It's no excuse for a city of that size.

Back