Auburn Dir. of Football Fired for using "N" word

For all you n****r apologist that say the word has differnet conotations when ****es use it as oppose to blacks.....please help me understand.

There is a post on small talk where someone says thereis a difference between Niggers and Black people. So I guess I am supposed to believe that they meant that in a positive light? But it is okay for them to say it simply because they are black?

What if there is this white kid who grows up around mostly black kids, and these are his friends. he hears the word n****r all the time and they are using it as a "term of endearment" as I have heard some refer to it. Then he proceeds to call them "his niggers" too. Just like they do each other. Now he is white, so does that mean that his use of the word is instantly different than that of his friends?

Where is the line, who who play n****r police. Who will determine who gets a pass and who doesn't?

Originally posted by Suge
For all you n****r apologist that say the word has differnet conotations
umm Suge,
Don't you too think the word has different connotations?

whether you use the word with your friends or not or whether you agree with it being used at all, you do agree that it has different connotations, right?

Read the rest of my post MH. It all goes together. I understand the what everyone is saying about "how" it is used. But it seems that the outrage only comes when discussing "who" uses it. That is why I presented my situations in my previous post. I'm just trying to understand those who say it is all okay......

Had the AU guy called the player, his homeboy, His *****...would he have still be fired. I mean he would have meant it in a different context right? My point is there is no right way to use the word.....

My point is there is no right way to use the word.....

I agree 150%!! I've never understood how some of OUR PEOPLE have tried to justify the use of this word....by anybody!

But it seems that the outrage only comes when discussing "who" uses it.
Exactly! and that goes back to the different connotations.

Had the AU guy called the player, his homeboy, His *****...would he have still be fired. I mean he would have meant it in a different context right? My point is there is no right way to use the word.....
umm IMO, the incident @ Auburn occured during an argument between a staff person and a student athlete. Staff person calls athlete a "N". We all know that staff person wasn't calling the player his homie.

Umm MH, would you please just read my post, stop picking out what you want to see, and stop using the art of diversion and answer my question(you have been around the mafia too long..LOL).

How do you determine when it is okay, and who can use the term? And again, is it the "who" says the word, or the "how" the word is used?

Suge,
ummm no diversion here,
(and I don't agree with using the word either, so I can't do any justifications for it)
But that doesn't mean I'm going act like I don't know the different connotations

It's all about "who" uses the word. Of course, we've all agreed that the word is not a good one to use, but you'd be kidding your damn self if you sit here and try to convince peeps that you don't know the difference between whites using it verses blacks.

Wasn't it Auburn who had the racist fraternity that had to be broken up because of they were dressing up a certain way.

Originally posted by Sting
Wasn't it Auburn who had the racist fraternity that had to be broken up because of they were dressing up a certain way.

Yes it was. It's a "hotbed" for diversity training. :rolleyes:

MH, I'm serious brah. That man JUST didn't start thinking that way. He's done it all along I'm sure. He said aloud what he'd already prolly been thinking for quite some type. Why all the hoopla now? He slipped when someone was around to "formally" document it? What about the others who "slip" and no one is around to document it? Out of sight out of mind? :confused:

If you're gonna' clean house, clean the WHOLE ENTIRE house. A tiger (pardon the pun) can't change his stripes. They're just born and reared that way.

Panthro,
I don't doubt that the man has had those thoughts for a long time and have voiced them when he was around his friends and others who share thoughts like him. His thoughts, though, can't be sanctioned.
When he put those thoughts to words the way he did, where he did, that can be regulated. And it was. He was shown the door!

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Panthro,
I don't doubt that the man has had those thoughts for a long time and have voiced them when he was around his friends and others who share thoughts like him. His thoughts, though, can't be sanctioned.
When he put those thoughts to words the way he did, where he did, that can be regulated. And it was. He was shown the door!

*signs by the X that sez "Co-Signs"*

Just forget the past huh? lol Funny. That's a pretty selfish,
I don't forget the past, in fact, Have probably studied and UNDERSTOOD it more than most. Anyone that is truly a scholar of history knows that the first reason most things were done to "us" was because of money, that's what "they" were about. Everything from slavery to freeing the slaves (some of us still think the reason the civil war was fought was to free the slaves) to things after that. IMHO, most arereally mad now because that have more than us and they are going to try to keep it. But would we do anything different if we were in thier spot. HELL NO, we can't even treat each other right. But we will have assine excuse for it (just like some make an excuse for "us" using the n**** ) . I'll stop here, this is another discussion.

Well, you continue to stay in that dreamland you're in dear, cuz trust me, it hasn't changed much since the 1940's.
If that's your attitude, I can see why they treat you like that. It's not a dreamland, I just see stuff for what it is.

Originally posted by Panthro
They're just born and reared that way.

Racists are NOT born. There is not a child who has ever come into this world hating anyone.

Racists are trained. "Reared," yes.

Doesn't make it right. But if people are racist, we only have their parents (primarily), their church, their friends, their community and their government to blame. NO ONE is born to hate.

Peace,

People that use the N word also refer their female friends as Bs and Hs and use every 4-letter word imageable. They think junk goes with junk. I don't use the word and can not justify it's use by anyone. I feel sorry for those that can.

Here's another thought. White guys refer to each other as "boy", you hear it all the time, and so when they direct that same word toward us, we are proned to get bent out of shape. Did he really mean anything by it? Depends on the context and or cirmcumstances. But, if he is used to referring to his male companions as "boy" and he considers you a friend, would you get bent out of shape by that.

What we have are issues of relationships. Will we ever become friends, or just continue to tolerate each other. Heaven only knows.

It would be good some day to judge people from our interpersonal relationship with them.

God has made us different for a reason, and it's not the reason you think it is.

Peace

Originally posted by Dr. J
What we have are issues of relationships. Will we ever become friends, or just continue to tolerate each other. Heaven only knows.

It would be good some day to judge people from our interpersonal relationship with them.

God has made us different for a reason, and it's not the reason you think it is.

Peace

Wow, J! What great thoughts. Thanks!
:)

I don't think the word n@@@r should be used at all.As far as I know,we're the only race of people who use a vulgar term as a term of endearment.
Women don't find it complementary to be called *****es and whores by men.
Chinks,wops and wetbacks are derogatory terms for the people they're negatively directed towards and this is not a case of follow the leader,but we need to come to our senses and do the right thing.
I lived through the "civil rights and say it loud I'm black and I'm proud period"and we're still our own worse enemy.Elementary students today are still talking about,"I don't like him/her because they're too black". This is a crying shame and it's the fault of the adults for not demanding better behavior from our children.
The N word needs to become extinct in our vocabularies.If we learn to love and obey God and learn to love ourselves,there's no obstacle that we,as a people,can't overcome.:eek2: :bawling: Black self hate is the greatest enemy!!!!:redhot:

Originally posted by lightningbug
Racists are NOT born. There is not a child who has ever come into this world hating anyone.

Racists are trained. "Reared," yes.

Doesn't make it right. But if people are racist, we only have their parents (primarily), their church, their friends, their community and their government to blame. NO ONE is born to hate.

Peace,

Actual light, I was sarcastically referring to people who are colored who refuse to take the sunny sunglasses off. :lol:

I understand racism and the training program that it comprises. :tup:

Back