ASU-SU

Originally posted by yvette23
Is that why you are blind now?

~hauling azz~ :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: yeah, but that didn't happen until yall rode into Legion Field last year on the school bus........ie....yall new uniforms!!! it was so bright, WE crunk up "sunshine"!!!:lmao:

Originally posted by XHALE9802
:lmao: yeah, but that didn't happen until yall rode into Legion Field last year on the school bus........ie....yall new uniforms!!! it was so bright, WE crunk up "sunshine"!!!:lmao:

Gul, u know u like dem uni's!! ;) :D

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
Jukebox,
One thing you must always understand is the Jukebox is not judged against its opposition. It is judged against its reputation on every performance. So, when the crowd views your performance (entrance, stands, support of team, halftime, 5th Quarter, etc...), they are doing so with the expectation of the Jukebox's reputation, especially that which has been built since 1969.
On the other hand, the opposing band is judged against its reputation. I promise you, that grading scale is always much easier and forgiving.
So, the debate about whether you were better than the Hornets is really not important. The question is are the Jukebox alums from the '70s (two of which are with you daily) are impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '80s impressed with what you did and how you did it; Are the Jukebox alums from the '90s impressed with what you did and how you did it. If their chest is out with pride when you leave the field and when you leave the stands, you've WAXED major butt as is expected in the eyes of the Jukebox.

Bama St,
I'm real with you. This is the best Hornets band I've seen. I've seen them almost every other year since 1985 (my sophomore year at SU). However, you aren't on SU's level yet. You are making some really good strides. But, you've got some growing to do. The dancers were solid. Mixing some real dancing with some hip-hop (for the house) is tight. You've got to finds some strong first trumpets. That is the weakest link you have. Keep working for more perfection. If so, you are going to make some noise and earn some respect. You don't get it with your mouth or on the SWACPage. You earn it on the field.

All bands,
You all kill me getting on here debating who was better than whom. If the stadium isn't on their feet rocking, hollering and waving their shakers when you get off the field, it AIN'T WORTH THE DEBATE. If one received that type of love from the crowd and the other didn't, there isn't a need to ask who was better for the crowd answered it very clearly. If both received that type of love, then get on here and debate the details of what separated your HOUSE from your opponents HOUSE.

When FAMU left Mumford in '86, they were humbled. They knew they were WAXED. We were told by friends of the Marching 100 members that had friends in the JUKEBOX that they rode back to Florida on a silent bus. When we went to Jackson in '85 and '87, we left the field with both sides of the stadium on their feet cheering, screaming, etc... for us and what we had left on the field. As we walked around the track back to our side and JSU's show began, they continued to cheer for us. JSU didn't get that same love. So, there was no debate.

However, in '86 when TxSU came to SU with their Shout show. We both rocked the house. They got a little more house throughout the show, but they also were booed on the last song they did. Thus, the debate was on. I say you never can win when you get booed and the other band doesn't get booed. Most of our friends in TxSU argued they won because they got a little more house than we did throughout the show. Bottom line was both bands earn much love from the crowd, so there was room for a debate.

PEACE!!!

Great comments frat!

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
:smh: Why cause you said so? This _ _ _

NO, because everyone that follows marching bands know.....

Your sorry arse is _ _ _!!!!

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
:smh: Why cause you said so? This _ _ _
NO you do when you and the rest of the band world studies our field shows ...err.. watch tapes of us.

SMH@ everybody got a tape of us. ASK jukes who that have tapes of better yet...if you know a juke goto their residency and see what band tapes they have..

lol.. classic

MACK your just _ _ _ er then Slaw!

MORE ARSE-HOLED FILLED COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD FROM THE SAME IGNORANT ARSED PEOPLE.........YOUR JOKES AND INSULTS DO NOTHING BUT STRENGTHEN ME....WE HERE AT BAMA STATE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE SCG!!!!!UNTIL THEN.......:redhot:

Originally posted by BG IS BACK
MORE ARSE-HOLED FILLED COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD FROM THE SAME IGNORANT ARSED PEOPLE.........YOUR JOKES AND INSULTS DO NOTHING BUT STRENGTHEN ME....WE HERE AT BAMA STATE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE SCG!!!!!UNTIL THEN.......:redhot:

Yeah and until then keep watching tapes of your daddy SUperior!

It's funny how he wanna see a band again that his band so-called raped.....

That's like SU saying I can't wait to see GSU again.....:lol:

Besides Crazy Legs came out and told the truth.....

We are ignorant because we correct ignorant remarks like "ASU raped SU"... I get it now....;)

Better luck next time.

I HAVE KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT TO LONG!!!! I KNOW WHEN A BAND HAS BEEN RAPED BECAUSE I DID IT TO OTHER BANDS FOR 4 YEARS, BUT EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ASU RAPED SU????:rolleyes: GIVEN YOU PLAYED MORE IS THAT WHAT WE HAVE TO DO NOW. WE PLAYED ONE MORE OR A FEW MORE SONGS WE GET THE WIN YEAH!!!:lmao: I DIDN'T WANT TO GO THERE BUT I MUST. YOU ARE OK BUT IT WAS NOT THE GREATEST. MY FRIENDS AND I CAME FOR MOBILE TO THE GAME AND THEIR COMMENTS WERE ASU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME. THIS COMES FROM ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO IS JSTATE TO THE HEART. NO BIAS FROM HIM IN THIS MATTER. YOU STARTED OF STRONG BY THE END OF THE 3RD QUARTER IT WAS OVER. HALFTIME BOTH BANDS DID NOTHING. SAME SHOW FOR BOTH BANDS FROM THE LAST THREE WEEKS!!!!!:redhot: HIGHLIGHT FOR HALFTIME THE STINGETTES!!!!!!! THEN TO TOP IT OFF YOU TRY TO PLAY NECK HOW EPEBBLE WROTE IT WITH THE BTONE SOLO. MAN GET REAL!!!!:( OUR NECK DOESN'T EVER SOUND LIKE NECK AND YOU TRY TO COPY.:idea: LIKE I SAID IN OTHER POST I CALL A SPADE A SPADE. IF YOU WERE THE BETTER BAND I WOULD TELL THE WORLD. YOU CAN NOT WIN ALL OF THE TIME, BUT SAT. WAS NOT ONE OF THE DAYS THAT THE JUKEBOX TOOK A LOST. ASU DID NOT TAKE THE L. HAPPY NOW AREN'T YOU!!:D IT WAS ONE OF THOSE GAMES WHERE BOTH LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. YOUR EFFORT WAS THERE BUT STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO GET TO THAT NEXT LEVEL:HINT WORK ON TRUMPETS,FHORNS,AND FIELD PRESENCES. IF YOU STOP TRYING TO TAKE WIN ANY WAY YOU CAN AND TRULY WORK ON ALL PARTS OF YOUR GAME, AND WIN AT EVERY PART YOU WILL GET THE RESPECT THAT YOU WANT. THIS MEANS CLEAN US OUT ON THE FIELD,IN THE STANDS,OUT HOUSE,AND HAVE A BETTER SONG SELECTION. THIS MEANS YOU HAVE TO WORK AT DRILLING,DRIVING,AND BLOWIN.;) WHEN YOU DO THAT YOU CAN COME ON THE BOARD AND CLAIM THE VICTORY!!!:) REMEMBER YOU CAN NOT BE AS GOOD AS YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN.:p

I HAVE KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT TO LONG!!!! I KNOW WHEN A BAND HAS BEEN RAPED BECAUSE I DID IT TO OTHER BANDS FOR 4 YEARS, BUT EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ASU RAPED SU????:rolleyes: GIVEN YOU PLAYED MORE IS THAT WHAT WE HAVE TO DO NOW. WE PLAYED ONE MORE OR A FEW MORE SONGS WE GET THE WIN YEAH!!!:lmao: I DIDN'T WANT TO GO THERE BUT I MUST. YOU ARE OK BUT IT WAS NOT THE GREATEST. MY FRIENDS AND I CAME FOR MOBILE TO THE GAME AND THEIR COMMENTS WERE ASU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME. THIS COMES FROM ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO IS JSTATE TO THE HEART. NO BIAS FROM HIM IN THIS MATTER. YOU STARTED OF STRONG BY THE END OF THE 3RD QUARTER IT WAS OVER. HALFTIME BOTH BANDS DID NOTHING. SAME SHOW FOR BOTH BANDS FROM THE LAST THREE WEEKS!!!!!:redhot: HIGHLIGHT FOR HALFTIME THE STINGETTES!!!!!!! THEN TO TOP IT OFF YOU TRY TO PLAY NECK HOW EPEBBLE WROTE IT WITH THE BTONE SOLO. MAN GET REAL!!!!:( OUR NECK DOESN'T EVER SOUND LIKE NECK AND YOU TRY TO COPY.:idea: LIKE I SAID IN OTHER POST I CALL A SPADE A SPADE. IF YOU WERE THE BETTER BAND I WOULD TELL THE WORLD. YOU CAN NOT WIN ALL OF THE TIME, BUT SAT. WAS NOT ONE OF THE DAYS THAT THE JUKEBOX TOOK A LOST. ASU DID NOT TAKE THE L. HAPPY NOW AREN'T YOU!!:D IT WAS ONE OF THOSE GAMES WHERE BOTH LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. YOUR EFFORT WAS THERE BUT STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO GET TO THAT NEXT LEVEL:HINT WORK ON TRUMPETS,FHORNS,AND FIELD PRESENCES. IF YOU STOP TRYING TO TAKE WIN ANY WAY YOU CAN AND TRULY WORK ON ALL PARTS OF YOUR GAME, AND WIN AT EVERY PART YOU WILL GET THE RESPECT THAT YOU WANT. THIS MEANS CLEAN US OUT ON THE FIELD,IN THE STANDS,OUT HOUSE,AND HAVE A BETTER SONG SELECTION. THIS MEANS YOU HAVE TO WORK AT DRILLING,DRIVING,AND BLOWIN.;) WHEN YOU DO THAT YOU CAN COME ON THE BOARD AND CLAIM THE VICTORY!!!:) REMEMBER YOU CAN NOT BE AS GOOD AS YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN.:p

Skull, you say that both bands leave something to be desired. I can only speak for Southern. D, I don't think you really know how it feels to learn f------ 40+ songs, blow the
-ell out of them during "repertoire night," then come Saturday you are forced to sit in the stands and say, "Let's go jaguars, let's go...hay hay hay" for four quarters. You can't compare now with then in the same aspects because Southern then was innovative. Doc says, "If you have a winning horse, why take him out of the race?" But the truth is, that horse is dead and being beat simultaneously. You and the rest of the fellas know that we have the ammunition, but the general won't give the orders, and more than that, the secondary commanders are waiting in the wings to bring about a holocaust. With any young soldier, I'd be ready to say no mercy also. But not until "it" happens. You are right that there is a lot to "be desired." Shat, 35,000 plus fans experience that same desire. Dog, I feel like Michael....gotta make a change. Until then, give me a Stingette to get me through halftime.

And there you have it.

Old school Juke from the 80's will tell u like it is. He even said that the Human Jukebox wasn't hitting on all cylinders so to speak, but just because they weren't at their best doesn't mean that the W is to be handed to you. You have to earn your wins against SU, not be awarded them by default.

Originally posted by Mom-E
Skull, you say that both bands leave something to be desired. I can only speak for Southern. D, I don't think you really know how it feels to learn f------ 40+ songs, blow the
-ell out of them during "repertoire night," then come Saturday you are forced to sit in the stands and say, "Let's go jaguars, let's go...hay hay hay" for four quarters. You can't compare now with then in the same aspects because Southern then was innovative. Doc says, "If you have a winning horse, why take him out of the race?" But the truth is, that horse is dead and being beat simultaneously. You and the rest of the fellas know that we have the ammunition, but the general won't give the orders, and more than that, the secondary commanders are waiting in the wings to bring about a holocaust. With any young soldier, I'd be ready to say no mercy also. But not until "it" happens. You are right that there is a lot to "be desired." Shat, 35,000 plus fans experience that same desire. Dog, I feel like Michael....gotta make a change. Until then, give me a Stingette to get me through halftime.

Bruh u obviously don't have a DAYUM thing to do with SU or the Human Jukebox. Don't speak on our behalf.:rolleyes:

Dog, actually I do. Even to Super Seven I do. Even to S Phi D I do. Like a man, get at me on a PM or email or something.

Dog, actually I do. Even to Super Seven I do. Even to S Phi D I do. Like a man, get at me on a PM or email or something.

I FEEL YOU JBMELLO. WE AS OLD SCHOOL KNOW IT IS NOT THE BAND'S FAULT FOR USING THE SAME SHOW FOR A FEW WEEKS.(MODIFICATION ON THE DRILL). DOC HAS TO HAVE A COMFORT LEVEL ON A SHOW BEFORE HE DOES IT. AS HE SAYS: IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT. IT IS HIP AS A BIG DOG. WE KNOW IF HE UNLEASHES YOU'LL IT WILL BE NOTHING NICE. WE JUST WANT YOU'LL TO TEAR NATURAL *****!!!!:D BELIEVE WE UNDERSTAND,BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Mom-E...all I'm saying is that if you are true and blue Juke(or Gold and Blue) then you shouldn't get on the internet and gripe. All Juke have been there with Doc and we all know how it feels. I'm sure even the old school Juke from the 80's don't have it as good as they did in the 70's, just as you current guys don't have it like us '90's guys did. Maybe it won't happen when you are in the band, but we all know that eventually the Human Jukebox will reach its potential. Enough people on the Net already hate on the Human Jukebox...we don't need our own people helping them. There's a difference between constructive criticism and dogging out your own program.

Take pride in the fact that as limited as the Man makes the band, you are still better than everyone else.

Mellow...first of all, good lookin...thanks for coming like you did...brotha believe me when I say I had the opportunity to go through the last true crab week, meaning five days with thirty minutes of a night's sleep...along with the last class that had 100% of the trumpet section to get letters. By that you know I have the same fire that you do. What you said is very, very sensible and I feel you. I actually called and talked with Skull the same night I posted and I was explaining to him that a lot of ole bro's don't know that we actually have the repertoire/fire, but are forced to chill. Man, I know that another band can't come close to puttin shat on us. I got the chance to put an arse whuppin on Fam in 99 and 01. Shat, I helped pushed those F# on Contagious. The fans were so upset that they threw beer and drinks over the stadium on us as we were marching out blowing. I don't mean to come across as if I'm grippin'. Like I told Skull last night, the true debate or topic is not what I or any one else thinks about the band, it is the man in charge of the unit. That's the point I was trying to make. The statement I made about the Stingettes simply meant, until there's a change at the head of the unit...there are gonna constantly be Southern bands that are substantially held back. Therefore, my halftime will consist of enjoying the girls shake it like a Polaroid picture. Please don't mistake my statements as down talking my family. Like you, I bleed Gold and Columbian Blue. As a matter of fact, go to the band's page from www.subr.edu...under marching band...that brotha you see at the top right...he's down like you're down. Shat, you got me hype right now... when's the family reunion...but like I said...it's the man...and like a dog, I don't speak but I understand.

IT'S GOOD EEE-NUFF FOR ME.

Thanks for making it right. I feel where u are coming from...:)

We all know about The man...as Mr. J likes to call him...but the fact of the matter is, until he decides to leave, he IS THE MAN. It'll happen one day though. Shidd I always joked that I would march one more rip if Mr. J or Mr. Knighten became band director...I just might...:eek2:

Originally posted by Mom-E
Mellow...first of all, good lookin...thanks for coming like you did...brotha believe me when I say I had the opportunity to go through the last true crab week, meaning five days with thirty minutes of a night's sleep...along with the last class that had 100% of the trumpet section to get letters. By that you know I have the same fire that you do. What you said is very, very sensible and I feel you. I actually called and talked with Skull the same night I posted and I was explaining to him that a lot of ole bro's don't know that we actually have the repertoire/fire, but are forced to chill. Man, I know that another band can't come close to puttin shat on us. I got the chance to put an arse whuppin on Fam in 99 and 01. Shat, I helped pushed those F# on Contagious. The fans were so upset that they threw beer and drinks over the stadium on us as we were marching out blowing. I don't mean to come across as if I'm grippin'. Like I told Skull last night, the true debate or topic is not what I or any one else thinks about the band, it is the man in charge of the unit. That's the point I was trying to make. The statement I made about the Stingettes simply meant, until there's a change at the head of the unit...there are gonna constantly be Southern bands that are substantially held back. Therefore, my halftime will consist of enjoying the girls shake it like a Polaroid picture. Please don't mistake my statements as down talking my family. Like you, I bleed Gold and Columbian Blue. As a matter of fact, go to the band's page from www.subr.edu...under marching band...that brotha you see at the top right...he's down like you're down. Shat, you got me hype right now... when's the family reunion...but like I said...it's the man...and like a dog, I don't speak but I understand.

Who is you Mom-E, you crabbed in 99? Heck I ain't even know you played trumpet.....If you crabbed in 99, of course you know who this is.. Holla back...If you are still in the band, I guess you are doing a 5th...Is this Steve?

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Who is you Mom-E, you crabbed in 99? Heck I ain't even know you played trumpet.....If you crabbed in 99, of course you know who this is.. Holla back...If you are still in the band, I guess you are doing a 5th...Is this Steve?

That's Sam from Mobile, J! He's legit.

Back