Are you addicted to working out?

:noidea: Been lifting heavy since 1995. No rotor cuff issues here.

Cool. What's your goal with all the heavy weight. your body has to keep weight on to handle all that weight. If you goal is to be strong and smaller then heavy is not the way to go. If your goal is to be a big muscular dude then it the way to go..

I hurt my rotator cuff too lifting heavy weights. I know the feeling. For three weeks, I couldn't even stretch my arms out without it hurting.

Cool. What's your goal with all the heavy weight. your body has to keep weight on to handle all that weight. If you goal is to be strong and smaller then heavy is not the way to go. If your goal is to be a big muscular dude then it the way to go..

Actually, my doctor told me that my good cholesterol was too low. :noidea: and that I had to take Omega 3 Fish oil. He also said that putting on body mass helps bring up the good cholesterol too, so that was all I needed to hear. Trust, I dont think I'm too big and I walk everyday to trim it out.

Along with just doing 8 to 10 reps....

I will do 4 sets of 20 at 225 when I am in my getting ripped mode. I alternate between heavy and light.

...bench pressing is something I struggle with.

Dudes be working that isht, and I be like do that isht brotha! But I got long arms therefore the distance it takes for me to press (down and back up) takes more effort than someone with shorter arms; so it be kinda crazy for me. I try it every once and while just playing around with it, but then I be like fugg it and do something else. But I just do the barbell bench press (45lb & 50lb) and work it like that.

Can that (barbells) substitute for the bench press?

"Snake"

...bench pressing is something I struggle with.

Dudes be working that isht, and I be like do that isht brotha! But I got long arms therefore the distance it takes for me to press (down and back up) takes more effort than someone with shorter arms; so it be kinda crazy for me. I try it every once and while just playing around with it, but then I be like fugg it and do something else. But I just do the barbell bench press (45lb & 50lb) and work it like that.

Can that (barbells) substitute for the bench press?

"Snake"

That's what I normally do. I use 60 to 65 lbs for dumb bells. 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps and do push ups in between each set.

Another way I do it is by placing both dumb bells in the air, alternate and then press both at the same time. THAT'S ONE REP. Then do push ups in between each set. That will burn you out and make you stronger quick...

That's what I normally do. I use 60 to 65 lbs for dumb bells. 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps and do push ups in between each set.

Another way I do it is by placing both dumb bells in the air, alternate and then press both at the same time. THAT'S ONE REP. Then do push ups in between each set. That will burn you out and make you stronger quick...

....damn dumb bell (I said bar bell),thats what I meant smh lol.

But okay....I'm gone incorporate push ups in between reps and see what'll happen. I do a lot of different things using dumb bells. A lot of stuff I do I learned from watching other folks(that know what they doing) do. When I first started working out (2009) ain know what to do but run the treadmill lol!

Now I thank I'm Tony Atlas lol

"Snake"

....damn dumb bell (I said bar bell),thats what I meant smh lol.

But okay....I'm gone incorporate push ups in between reps and see what'll happen. I do a lot of different things using dumb bells. A lot of stuff I do I learned from watching other folks(that know what they doing) do. When I first started working out (2009) ain know what to do but run the treadmill lol!

Now I thank I'm Tony Atlas lol
"Snake"

:lmao:

Hi jsupop33,
No you are not alone, I am also addicted to workout.
I am also a gym rat and felt bad if due to any reason couldn't hit gym for 2 days.

I don't believe I'm addicted, but I sure am ready to get back tonight! It's been almost two weeks of travel without a solid workout in the gym.

For about the last 8 weeks or so, I have worked out faithfully 5 - 6 days a week. I even walk/ran 3 miles in the rain.... It took everything in me to give up running on Saturdays..

Last edited:
Back