Appeals court rules schools must allow transgender students to use bathroom of choice

Are you brothers honestly okay with your 6 year old daughter sitting in a stall next to a 35 year old man?

Are you okay with a 14 year old boy showering next to your 14 year old daughter after gym class?

Are you okay with boys competing in women's athletics in high school?

ummm. yall act like gay dudes about to be the only ones strolling in women's restrooms and locker rooms.

At age 14, if someone would have told you that all you had to say was that you considered yourself a woman and you go into the women's locker room and catch a few tits. What would you have done?
I am 100% certain that schools will only allow that option for students that have paperwork certifying that they are trans-gendered.

Unisex bathrooms have been around for ages. Lock the stall. This reminds me of voter ID laws when no one can come up with incidents requiring such drastic measures. NC and MS legislatures are creating an issue that does not exist.

Are you brothers honestly okay with your 6 year old daughter sitting in a stall next to a 35 year old man?

Are you okay with a 14 year old boy showering next to your 14 year old daughter after gym class?

I don't think adults will let their young chillins go into a gender neutral bathroom alone anyway. So, that bathroom argument conservatives are using is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don't think adults will let their young chillins go into a gender neutral bathroom alone anyway. So, that bathroom argument conservatives are using is pretty ridiculous.
If dc is an example of whats to come. Every bathroom will be gender neutral. Restaraunts in dc no longer have men and womens restrooms

Paperwork? What paperwork? That wont happen. Folks will scream discrimination quick.
They won't. Kids must have paperwork for a number of things at school, this would just be another thing. How's this any different than students requiring documentation to receive special services for ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, etc......? The same will be done with trans-gendered students. It won't be discrimination because you aren't prohibiting them from anything, just asking them to have proper documentation showing that the student is trans-gendered.

They won't. Kids must have paperwork for a number of things at school, this would just be another thing. How's this any different than students requiring documentation to receive special services for ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, etc......? The same will be done with trans-gendered students. It won't be discrimination because you aren't prohibiting them from anything, just asking them to have proper documentation showing that the student is trans-gendered.
From my understanding, their is no medical diagnosis for being transgendered.

If a young man comes to school one day and says that i feel like I am a female trapped in a male's body and i want to live as a female. How can the school turn around and tell him "no"?That kid will have every right to just walk in womens locker room or bathroom regardless if he is lying or not.

From my understanding, their is no medical diagnosis for being transgendered.

If a young man comes to school one day and says that i feel like I am a female trapped in a male's body and i want to live as a female. How can the school turn around and tell him "no"?That kid will have every right to just walk in womens locker room or bathroom regardless if he is lying or not.
It won't be that easy for the kid. I'm sure they would require a meeting with the parent/guardian and possibly psychologist or counselor to confirm this. Schools don't just take the word of children, have to have some form of proof to avoid any issues that you previously noted out.

Since they had to create a law to stop it - can you cite the problems that occurred prior to this law being enacted?

I am worried about pedophiles, more than trans people.

Since they had to create a law to stop it - can you cite the problems that occurred prior to this law being enacted?

I am worried about pedophiles, more than trans people.
This was not allowed before this ruling Olde Hornet. They did not allow boys or transgendered students into girls restroom or locker rooms in high schools. This is new territory. They are opening pandora's box. We are not talking about single stall gender neutral restrooms (which I am against also) but allowing biologically male students to enter women's bathrooms and locker rooms in schools. Before now, I don't recall any instances in Virginia where biologically male students would have been able to use the restroom with female students or take showers with female students.

this... is the very definition of crazy. the fact that this conversation even has to be had is certifiably insane.

We are not talking about a lifetime ago. This wasn't even an issue FIVE years ago. Like a few other things lately, I have to talk to sane people to keep myself from losing touch with reality with all this crazy stuff lol.

The fact that people are actually trying to defend this mess and can't see the Pandora's box that this could bring about is mind boggling.

We are not talking about a lifetime ago. This wasn't even an issue FIVE years ago. Like a few other things lately, I have to talk to sane people to keep myself from losing touch with reality with all this crazy stuff lol.

The fact that people are actually trying to defend this mess and can't see the Pandora's box that this could bring about is mind boggling.

Defend is a very strong word. I think indifferent is a better word. Some public restrooms are nasty as hell and I try not to use one regardless of who goes in them. When my kids were young, I didn’t let them use many public restrooms, especially someplace I didn’t know anything about and never alone.

Somebody else’s actions do not determine my happiness.

Reactions: J C
The problem is not that people want to switch genders. People are free to pursue happiness. The problem is that people are expecting society to accommodate them. Just because you throw on a wig, does not mean you get all the privileges as a woman.

The problem is not that people want to switch genders. People are free to pursue happiness. The problem is that people are expecting society to accommodate them. Just because you throw on a wig, does not mean you get all the privileges as a woman.

The biggest problem that I have a problem with the LGBT community. Most people really don't care who is in your bedroom but when you try to force people (society) to accept this as normal (and if a person doesn't, they're a bigot and ____phobe) is where the problem lies.

Side note: The new gym at Valley has a couple of Unisex bathrooms so I think that's about as close we will get here to genderless bathrooms lol

The biggest problem that I have a problem with the LGBT community. Most people really don't care who is in your bedroom but when you try to force people (society) to accept this as normal (and if a person doesn't, they're a bigot and ____phobe) is where the problem lies.

Side note: The new gym at Valley has a couple of Unisex bathrooms so I think that's about as close we will get here to genderless bathrooms lol
Lol. Thats how it starts. Ask BH123... All the bars around day job swapped out bathrooms in like a 3 month stand.

Nobody said anything about raping but I would have definitely taken a peep. A lot of 13-14 year old boys would have. Don't worry, now they will be in the showers together at gym class.
How would that even be possible? If you have been in that school all year chasing girls you can't show up one day in a dress and expect anyone to believe you are now transgender lol. No one would believe you.

The kids who are potentially trans are likely well known throughout the school long before they actually wear dresses.

Who allows a 6 year old to go to the restroom by themselves? And yes a lot of dads bring their young daughters to the restroom with them if mom is not there.

Back