Anyone watching the RNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delock

BARBERSHOP COO
Funny how you find maybe one of two blacks in the crowd from time to time.

But whats really funny is how the delegates of some states are dressing alike............TEXAS:lmao:

But whats really funny is how the delegates of some states are dressing alike............TEXAS:lmao:
To answer your question .......NO!
I did watch some yesterday. I saw no blacks. I was planning to watch and compare but this idiot, mccain, decided not to have a convention as if he is president.

Texas has embarrassed me.

I really don't know what to say about the makeup of the crowd. What does it say to America? What does the Palin pick say to America? Women and minorities are only trotted out on stage when needed. How many minorities would feel comfortable or welcome in that crowd?

This is why I lean Democratic most of the time though I disagree with "liberal" issues often. They are inclusive....plain and simple. I don't agree with all the factions but I like the fact that they have a voice. It means that people in my situation have a voice. We batch and complain about so called pandering and groups like gays influencing things. But that is the way things are supposed to be. Everyone should be "pandered" to and you can't shut a group up just because you don't agree with them. This doesn't mean everyone is going to get everything they want but they should at least be heard, represented and their position and culture respected.

There is a pink elephant inthe roomand no national leader will say so....

Conservative=Racist

If the extent to which that is true were brought to bear it could mean the demise of the republican party.

Yes, i will be watching it all week. Got to know what you are up against.....They are pushing Country and War hype... Getting people fired up as Americans. They are trying to make this election about War and protection.... They speak as if this was a war worth fighting....I think they know Americans are stuoid. We gave GWB two terms so I'm convinced we are stupid as a whole. McCain may sneak in there yawl if WE don't handle our business....

I watched a little bit. When Fred Thompson came on I watched a little bit of his speech and I had enough. I think the CNN have a director just looking for Black people and other minorites in the crowd. lol. Everynow and then you would see one Black person or an Asian ALL alone in the crowd. LOL.

I saw Lynn Swann in the audience too.

I'm with 75 I'm watching to see what they saying.
Oh guys they have already reported that there are only 28 total black deligates. I'll have to find the article I read Sunday.

Man them old write folks holding on to the past big time. Palin is simply a yound face among a sea of Old Racist pink folk.

Palin is there to appeal to:

1) rural white America.
2) Independents and women.
3) Gun holders
4) Large white families.

This is a market in which neither McCain nor Obama appeals to. Hilary had these voters ON LOCK DOWN, and now they are up for grabs. These pictures of Palin's daughter are exactly what the Republicans want. Many of us with teenagers feel these issues daily, so to have a VP who is going through the same thing, its different. We have been so used to having our President and his family image like royalty.

The republicans feel Obama is more of a celebrity than a politician and he is gaining support moreso because of his celebrity status, than his political status. The Republicans have countered with Palin, who is gaining attention as a mother with everyday American problems. If Oprah had Palin on her show now, it would get rave reviews.

I must admit, this is a slick move by the Republicans.

I'm loving this. I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out at some point and say we've been punk'd.

Did anyone notice all the empty sections? Ron Paul had just as many people at his speech than the Republicans.

You've got to watch Fox News to get their spin. It's almost comical. I'm waiting on someone to slip up and say the "N" word.

You've got to watch Fox News to get their spin. It's almost comical. I'm waiting on someone to slip up and say the "N" word.

Naw, nothing is better than C-SPAN. C-SPAN doesn't have all the commentators and such, it is pure RAW!

One caller during the DNC called in and said this:

"I'm voting for McCain cause I won't lose my job. I don't care if gas is $5.00/gallon, I will never vote for Barak Obama." --what he really meant was I will never vote for a n......

I hope every voter watched the DNC and is watching the RNC. If not, you will be under-informed or armed with second-hand or spun information. You need to get the issues for yourself since you will be the only one casting your vote (unless you died in Chicago already).

As much as I want this election to be based on the issues, sadly I think it's going to come down to race/gender. Would America rather a black man or a white woman as their president. I think everyone is totally overlooking McCain.

I hope every voter watched the DNC and is watching the RNC. If not, you will be under-informed or armed with second-hand or spun information. You need to get the issues for yourself since you will be the only one casting your vote (unless you died in Chicago already).

:topic:

Speaking of the "N" word.. notice how reporters when they were about to speak Ray NAGIN's name they would slow down and take their time to say mayor RAY NA--GIN. lol.

There is a pink elephant inthe roomand no national leader will say so....

Conservative=Racist

If the extent to which that is true were brought to bear it could mean the demise of the republican party.

I wouldn't really call them racist although I am sure there are some in that party (maybe some in the Democratic Party as well) that are, but they tend to have a condescending attitudes when it comes to minorities and minority issues.

I was watching the RNC last night and was thinking to myself that it didn't look like a comfortable place to be Black.

Republicans are trying to sell the ideal in order to be President, you must have been a part of the military and have foreign policy experience. George Walker Bush had neither (Air National Guard don't count in my opinion).

I wouldn't really call them racist although I am sure there are some in that party (maybe some in the Democratic Party as well) that are, but they tend to have a condescending attitudes when it comes to minorities and minority issues.

I was watching the RNC last night and was thinking to myself that it didn't look like a comfortable place to be Black.

I agree. On CNN, the reporter alluded to just that saying that the DNC was alot more diverse than the RNC (while speaking to 2 Hispanic Republicans).

I also noticed how the Republicans talked much about getting someone in the office to get America back on track. I find that rather STRANGE, because they have someone in office now.

I agree. On CNN, the reporter alluded to just that saying that the DNC was alot more diverse than the RNC (while speaking to 2 Hispanic Republicans).

I also noticed how the Republicans talked much about getting someone in the office to get America back on track. I find that rather STRANGE, because they have someone in office now.

It's a unique balancing act, both embracing Bush (because he's still extremely popular with the the core base) and acting as though he never existed.

Man who taught this woman how to do a speech? She is horrible. :smh: Man Boomqueshia could do a better job. :smh: All those incomplete sentences. :smh

Did her daughter just lick her hand and rub that baby's hair down.

So Small townish.

Her voice is mono-tone (sp) horrible. Her voice shows she is unsure of what she is saying and doing. Flat tone with no appeal. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back