Andre Johnson is open to being head coach at Texas Southern (Chris Dishman Named Coach)

And you noticed that none of these pwi( even fcs) schools would hire them as HC. It's not just HC , but Reggie Theus as AD( see the Ed Reed disaster) & Kellen Winslow as AD at FAMU & CSU. These are people simply trading in on their names.
Grambling hired a Nebraska grad and the AD and President are HBCU grads

Grambling hired a Nebraska grad and the AD and President are HBCU grads
Bruh. Mickey Joseph was the very 1st coach I called out by name & his claims of getting " choked up " speaking about Coach Rob , but he wouldn't play for him. Mickey isn't some NFL star & didn't think he was entitled to a HC job because " I'm from Nebraska & I'm a star". He did humbly come to earth then went through fire with his real 1st position job with JC & LC Cole at ASU & Black Colleges. He went to Alcorn & Grambling as an assistant & D2 Langston as a HC. I think that Mickey respects both Gram & SU on some level , but I'm not sure if he wouldn't bolt for the next p5 position job that comes calling or at his age he is satisfied being the boss.

Last edited:

I'm not holding decisions made by 17/18 year Olds forever , but these are multi billion dollar decisions they make & their families are sometimes complicit . I understand that I'm fighting against centuries of conditioning. History has proven that some will sell their Black bodies for mere trinkets & shiny objects.

I'm not holding decisions made by 17/18 year Olds forever , but these are multi billion dollar decisions they make & their families are sometimes complicit . I understand that I'm fighting against centuries of conditioning. History has proven that some will sell their Black bodies for mere trinkets & shiny objects.
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿

I rather Dishman than McNair. I don't want a "safe" hire and we beat Alcorn twice with losing teams ... how is that a smart move? Dishman NFL pedigree is an advantage that McNair don't have. More players want to play under a former NFL player (Dishman) than someone who was not good enough (McNair) ... DIshman was a 2x PRO-BOWLER so he knows a thing or two about football. I hope he can shock the FCS

And people forget if it wasn't for Jay Hopson before him, McNair wouldn't have had much of the success he had. He set McNair up nicely, he did NOT rebuild a program from scratch like Hopson did and Dishman gotta do so yeah McNair is a big no thank you for me. Glad he out of Houston and moving on to something else. Valley is a better fit for him, they have lower expectations there, TSU has it sights on HBCU National Championships
Melvin spears left some nice players at Alcorn. Especially those Hawaiian linemen

This article is a phenomenal display of ignorance and disrespect to Texas Southern and the conference as a whole.

Please show the the recommendation of a coach with no experience to Texas a&m, or University of Houston. He wouldn't dare utter such ridiculousness.

This article seriously proposing a candidate with no experience demonstrates the author sees Texas Southern University and the South Western Athletic Conference as a negro side show.

Please show me the recommendations by this rag to any other College, or even high school sports team of a candidate with zero experience.

This article is a waist of bandwidth.
+1

Funny thing is how the people pushing for A.J. all of a sudden just stopped with no explanation. Then you have "professional journalists" arguing that an article written about A.J. wasn't an endorsement @Kendrick. Then the original author of the article said it was an endorsement in a follow-up article.🤣😂😅 Yet still the professional journalists is too professional to admit he was wrong. How does one trust anything he says or prints going forward? Anyway, none of the "A.J." celebrity worshipping boot lickers realized HE NEVER FINISHED HIS COLLEGE DEGREE. So he's automatically out of the running. This is why it's important to do your research before jumping to support people.

Melvin also ran some real good players off also. Like the QB from Canada that ended up transferring to South Alabama.
AIR CANADA was overrated and pretty much sucked at Alcorn and South Alabama. Alcorn was loaded with a lot Spear's players for that white coach that came afterwards....

Funny thing is how the people pushing for A.J. all of a sudden just stopped with no explanation. Then you have "professional journalists" arguing that an article written about A.J. wasn't an endorsement @Kendrick. Then the original author of the article said it was an endorsement in a follow-up article.🤣😂😅 Yet still the professional journalists is too professional to admit he was wrong. How does one trust anything he says or prints going forward? Anyway, none of the "A.J." celebrity worshipping boot lickers realized HE NEVER FINISHED HIS COLLEGE DEGREE. So he's automatically out of the running. This is why it's important to do your research before jumping to support people.
After going back over the thread, I misunderstood that you were being critical of the Jerome Solomon column and not our story that referenced his opinion.

After going back over the thread, I misunderstood that you were being critical of the Jerome Solomon column and not our story that referenced his opinion.
So you took it personal and started reading to respond rather than understand the message. It happens, my messages and comments were consistent. One must be extra careful as a journalist when they are close to the subject matter. It was never personal. Accountability is a must when you are leading people with your messages.

All of this has motivated me to start a podcast though. My studio should be ready by the end of the month. All the best 💯✌🏾

So you took it personal and started reading to respond rather than understand the message. It happens, my messages and comments were consistent. One must be extra careful as a journalist when they are close to the subject matter. It was never personal. Accountability is a must when you are leading people with your messages.

All of this has motivated me to start a podcast though. My studio should be ready by the end of the month. All the best 💯✌🏾
A podcast with more thorough content is sorely needed. Too many of the HBCU podcast lack sufficient content, and it is evident little preparation is taking place before each episode.

Back