Alpha Brothers on TSPN

Jax

Chief Trolling offICEr
I don't know if any of ya'll got this, but here is something a bruh sent me on e-mail.

BTW...did anyone know David Banner and Donald Driver were bruhs?

THE ALPHA'S ARE COMING TO HOUSTON AUG. 4TH-8TH

HOUSTON YET ANOTHER HOT CONVENTION! GET READY AS ALPHA PHI ALPHA INC. WILL HOLD THEIR 99TH NATIONAL CONVENTION IN HOUSTON AUGUST 4TH-8TH!!!!
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

OVER 8,000 MEMBERS OF THE FIRST & MOST PRESTIGOUS BLACK GREEK ORGANIZATIONS WILL DESCEND ON HOUSTON THE 1ST WEEKEND IN AUGUST TO NETWORK, HANDLE FRATERNITY BUSINESS, AND OF COURSE SOCIALIZE IN THE CONFINES OF DOWNTOWN HOUSTON.

THE NEW DOWNTOWN HILTON WILL BE THE HOST HOTEL SO GET READY FOR THE HOT PARTIES, THE COOL HOSPITALITY SUITES, THE HOT CONCERTS, AND MORE...

YES, TRENDSETTERS IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS, MEDICINE, LAW, & POLITICS WILL BE PART OF THIS WEEKEND. LADIES THIS WOULD BE A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO NETWORK (HINT: THE RATIO IS IN YOUR FAVOR THIS WEEKEND)!!!!

PROMINENT ALPHAS INCLUDE:

THE LATE MARTIN LUTHER KING
THE LATE THURGOOD MARSHALL
URBAN LEAGUE PRESIDENT, MARC MORIAL
DETROIT MAYOR, KWAME KILPATRICK
RAPPER DAVID BANNER
ESPN ANNOUNCER STEWART SCOTT
AND MANY MORE....

LOCAL ALPHAS OF MENTION INCLUDE:

DONALD DRIVER, GREEN BAY PACKERSRONALD GREEN, CITY COUNCILMAN
AL GREEN, CONGRESSMAN
LEE BROWN, FORMER HOUSTON MAYOR
ROB WRIGHT, TRENDSETTERS INC.
BORRIS L. MILES, MILES INSURANCE
BILL LAWSON, WHEELER AVE. BAPTIST CHURCH
SYLVESTER TURNER, STATE REPRSENTATIVE
AL EDWARDS, CONGRESSMAN
AND HOST OF MANY MORE....

WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S "POPPIN"THAT WEEKEND...HERE YA GO!

THURSDAY, AUGUST 4TH: TRENDSETTERS & THE ALPHA'S PRESENT: THE WELCOME TO HOUSTON PARTY FEATURING THE KEMISTRY CONCERT AFTER-PARTY
MERCURY ROOM, 1008 PRAIRIE @ MAIN
TIME: 9PM-2AM
FEATURING:

* OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY FOR THE K.E.M. CONCERT
* 1/2 PRICE ADMISSION FOR ALL LADIES
* DEF JAM BLASTER IN THE MIX
* UPSCALE ATTIRE ONLY (NO CASUAL WEAR)
* 2 ROOMS FEATURING OLD SCHOOL & HIP/HOP

FINALLY AN EVENT WE CAN GET DRESSED UP FOR!!!!!!
LEAVE THE "JEANS AT THE CRIB"!

FRIDAY, AUGUST 5TH: TRENDSETTERS, BOTTOMLINE PRODUCTIONS, AND THE ALPHA'S PRESENT: ROOM SERVICE..THE LUXURY OF LOUNGING!
WHERE: SHADOW BAR, 213 MILAM (FORMERLY PASEANOS)
FEATURING:

*OPEN BAR FROM 9-10PM
*BUFFET
*D.J. SHOWCASE FEATURING THE HOLLYWOOD BOYZ
*1/2 PRICE ADMISSION FOR LADIES ALL NIGHT
*AND MORE...

THE CONVENTION WILL BE IN FULL SWING FRIDAY NIGHT SO GET READY!!!!

SATURDAY, AUGUST 6TH: TRENDSETTERS, BOTTOMLINE, & ISIS PAGES PRESENT: THE RETURN OF BIZ MARKIE
WHERE: MERCURY ROOM, 1008 PRAIRIE @ MAIN
FEATURING:

*BIZ MARKIE IN THE MERCURY ROOM
* CHICAGO'S OWN MARK FULLA FLAVA IN THE BOAKA BAR
*1/2 PRICE ADMISSION BEFORE 10PM

THIS MUSICAL VOYAGE IS GONNA TAKE YOU FROM CHICAGO, TO THE EAST COAST , AND BACK TO THE "DIRTY SOUTH" SO PREPARE TO BOARD!!!!!

SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH: THE SUNDAY RITUAL GROUP & CITY COUNCILMAN RONALD GREEN PRESENT: THE ALPHA COOL-OUT AT THE SKYBAR
WHERE: SKYBAR, 3400 MONTROSE
TIME: 5P-2AM
FEATURING:

*$3.00 DRINKS FROM 5-7PM
*DEF JAM BLASTA AND G.T. IN THE MIX
*1/2 PRICE ADMISSION BEFORE 7PM
*SEAFOOD BUFFET
*MEET & GREET TRENDSETTERS OF ALPHA PHI ALPHA INC.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
ALPHA3 said:
I didn't know that! Are any of you planning on going to this convention?

Negative here. I will be in Houston next weekend for a much needed family vacation. Some of my chapter bruhs are going, but all of the chapter is going to DC in 2006.

I PLAN on going...if only for the weekend, (Friday morning through late Sunday evening/early Monday morning.)

I'm going to start saving my "coins" in August for next year's Centennial Convention in Washington, D.C.

I don't know about Houston, I'm still weighing my options. The late registration fee is very high, so I may just unofficially. The DC convention is already planned as far as I'm concerned.

I am not going. I really don't remember David Banner pledging Alpha at Southern.

Lewis said:
I am not going. I really don't remember David Banner pledging Alpha at Southern.

Frat:

When Banner was rappin' with Crooked Lettaz, the other guy in the group with him is frat. He pledged at J-State. I talked to both of themin 98 when they performed at Crocketts on Florida Blvd, so Banner must have pledged grad.

Now Driver, on the other hand must have crossed at Alcorn.

ALPHA3 said:
I don't know about Houston, I'm still weighing my options. The late registration fee is very high, so I may just unofficially. The DC convention is already planned as far as I'm concerned.

Say frat, check ya PM.

Jax said:
Frat:

When Banner was rappin' with Crooked Lettaz, the other guy in the group with him is frat. He pledged at J-State. I talked to both of themin 98 when they performed at Crocketts on Florida Blvd, so Banner must have pledged grad.

:read: interesting

Dawgpound97-01 said:
....I didnt know David Banner went to college......... :eek:

David Banner ne' Lavell Crump, A native of Jackson MS. is not only an alumnus of Southern University, but served as SGA President from 1997-1998. He is also completing course work for his Masters at U of Maryland.

Learn something new everyday... but know, I won't be attending the convention, though I do look forward to DC 2006!!!

WHAT UP FRAT. I PLEDGE AT ALCORN SPRING 03 AND YES DONALD DRIVER DID PLEDGE AT ALCORN. BUT AS FAR AS BANNER GOES I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM PLEDGING AT SU MAYBE HE DID OR MAYBE HE DID IT GRAD.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The Foundation said:
WHAT UP FRAT. I PLEDGE AT ALCORN SPRING 03 AND YES DONALD DRIVER DID PLEDGE AT ALCORN. BUT AS FAR AS BANNER GOES I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM PLEDGING AT SU MAYBE HE DID OR MAYBE HE DID IT GRAD.

What up Tandy? Looks like I gotta get me a Donald Driver Jersey now. My old High school colors were Green and Yellow and I already got a Michael Clayton Jersey as well as a Charley Haley Jersey, both are bruhs and play(ed) in the league as well.

Jax said:
What up Tandy? Looks like I gotta get me a Donald Driver Jersey now. My old High school colors were Green and Yellow and I already got a Michael Clayton Jersey as well as a Charley Haley Jersey, both are bruhs and play(ed) in the league as well.

:nod:

Jazz said:
Learn something new everyday... but know, I won't be attending the convention, though I do look forward to DC 2006!!!

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about Jazz! :nod:

You know the DG Gangstaz will be DEEP in DC! :cool:

I had heard about Driver as well, but did NOT know about D Banner.
Interesting... :)

Ntelekt said:
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about Jazz! :nod:

You know the DG Gangstaz will be DEEP in DC! :cool:

I had heard about Driver as well, but did NOT know about D Banner.
Interesting... :)

...and you know this! what's up kid, going up to homecoming?

Jax said:
Frat:

Didn't know about Driver.

As for Banner, his rap partner, Brad (Kamikaze) did pledge Delta Phi. And I remember a couple of years ago, me and the rest of my chapter bruh's had a party on campus and Banner came to the D.J booth and shook our hands......and that was it........he just shook our hands. No challenge or nothing. I don't think he's frat, though. Maybe he is, but it is highly unusual that he would step to us, with para on and all, and not say anything. Maybe he's just gangsta with his lol.

While we're at it, can anybody tell me if Brian McKnight is Frat? This has been an ongoing debate amongst some of my chapter bruh's for the longest! Can anyone give any confirmation on this? If I remember correctly, didn't he go to a small school in Alabama for a while???

LS Syndicate said:
Didn't know about Driver.

As for Banner, his rap partner, Brad (Kamikaze) did pledge Delta Phi. And I remember a couple of years ago, me and the rest of my chapter bruh's had a party on campus and Banner came to the D.J booth and shook our hands......and that was it........he just shook our hands. No challenge or nothing. I don't think he's frat, though. Maybe he is, but it is highly unusual that he would step to us, with para on and all, and not say anything. Maybe he's just gangsta with his lol.

I'll find out this weekend fa sho'.

About B McKnight...Don't know if he is but he did go to Talladega in Alabama.

Jax said:
I'll find out this weekend fa sho'.

About B McKnight...Don't know if he is but he did go to Talladega in Alabama.
B McKnight went to Oakwood in Huntsville. It's a seventh day Adv. school about 2500 students.

My bad. I thought I heard a report that he met his ex wife at Talladega.

Back