All female Jury for Zimmerman trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
All along I thought Zimmerman was following Trayvon in the car. Well he had gotten out of his car by the time he called police and was on foot following Trayvon. Zimmerman stalked this kid.....:shame:

He was following Trayvon in his car at first.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...e-Zimmerman-911-call-reporting-Trayvon-Martin
(I think that's Zimmerman's 911 call)

He called 911 while he was followign Trayvon in his car. When Trayvon tried to lose him Zimmerman got out his car to find him and follow him more. The 911 operator tells him "we don't need you to do that..." (or something like that.

He was following Trayvon in his car at first.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...e-Zimmerman-911-call-reporting-Trayvon-Martin
(I think that's Zimmerman's 911 call)

He called 911 while he was followign Trayvon in his car. When Trayvon tried to lose him Zimmerman got out his car to find him and follow him more. The 911 operator tells him "we don't need you to do that..." (or something like that.

Yea I should have added that he was in the car first.....yet it makes it look worse in my book for Zimmerman....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yea I should have added that he was in the car first.....yet it makes it look worse in my book for Zimmerman....

I hate to say this, but even though it looks bad in your book and probably many others, how does it look for the all White female jury?

I'm sorry yall, but I believe the state is putting on a horrible case. Other than the girl on the phone with Trayvon, just about all the witnesses the state is calling seem to back up zimmerman. I'm hoping things change.

I'm sorry yall, but I believe the state is putting on a horrible case. Other than the girl on the phone with Trayvon, just about all the witnesses the state is calling seem to back up zimmerman.

*sigh* I agree...

BUT...being the optimistic person I am I feel there's a plan.

I guess the question becomes what exactly is the State trying to prove? What is the defense trying to prove?
State: That Trayvon was not a threat and that Zimmerman followed him for no reason and approached Trayvon. That Trayvon was defending himself.

Defense: That Zimmerman was not the aggressor, but Trayvon was and he killed Trayvon in self defense.

In my opinion...the State is proving its case, but not in a strong like manner. In my opinion...to ME...it doesnt' matter who hit who first, what matters is Zimmerman followed Trayvon, got out of his car (for whatever reason) with a loaded gun and got into a fight with Trayvon and Trayvon ended up dead.

there are some White women on HLN/CNN (the analysts) that feel the same way I feel, and of course there are some white women who are on the other side. So we can't assume these white women will automatically agree/disagree with either side.

:noidea:

White southern middle age women have no connection with black males. You gotta realize that Forida is a hot bed for racism. This dude will walk. White folks have no love for black males. They see us as the enemy. Sorry but this reality.

I'm sorry yall, but I believe the state is putting on a horrible case. Other than the girl on the phone with Trayvon, just about all the witnesses the state is calling seem to back up zimmerman. I'm hoping things change.

The civilian witnesses that were called after the hispanic woman were all defense witnesses that the prosecution decided to call preemptively. They knew the white guy who said he saw Trayvon on top was the defense's star witness. They called him first to sandwich him in between their other witnesses. The Asian voice expert supported that the screaming voice would be most recognizable by a friend or family member (Rachel Jeantel), and Officer Serino's tapes that were played were damaging to Zimmerman (Zimmerman said that did NOT sound like his voice screaming).

The defense did a decent cross-examination attempting to show that the officer Serino's comments ("you were following him", "he was an innocent kid", etc) were just what the officer was trained to do, but those tapes will be played a number of times by the prosecution between now and closing arguments.

It's interesting how ... others ... view the same trial.

From Reddit:

Zimmerman trial - Guilty or Innocent

We are looking for reasons to find Zimmerman guilty while folks on the other side are working just as hard to convince themselves and others that he's innocent.

Last edited:
This case is looking more and more like Rodney King I when all four LAPD police officers got acquitted. I do believe a jury in Ventura County was convinced that Rodney King was on the attack and none of those blows from the police nightsticks shown on the video actually connected.

It's interesting how ... others ... view the same trial.

From Reddit:

Zimmerman trial - Guilty or Innocent

We are looking for reasons to find Zimmerman guilty while folks on the other side are working just as hard to convince themselves and others that he's innocent.

I'm not "looking"...he is guilty. I'm convinced; it's a simple case to me. However...I do not understand the strategy the State is using to convince the jury.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/02/george-zimmerman-trial-trayvon-martin-day-7
Serino is back on the stand...
Prosecutors wanted the judge to strike some of Serino's answers

9:04 a.m. ET: The prosecutor says it's improper for the defense to ask lead investigator Chris Serino about the truthfulness and voracity of Zimmerman's statements. He wants the judge to strike the answers.

State and defense go back and forth explaining why the case law fits/doesn't fit this case. I never see a response from the judge.

The the state asks that a video taped deposition be used of a witness that is unable to come to court to testify. The state says the defense scheduled to depose the witness as well...but they never showed up (same thing happened with Rachel, remember?). Defense attorney West is saying the state should not be allowed to use the video because they can't cross examine and that they should reschedule when the witness is available.

9:42 a.m. ET: O'Mara has finished his cross-examination and prosecutor de la Rionda is asking more questions of Serino.

9:40 a.m. ET: Zimmerman spoke with Serino several times after their initial interviews. Serino says Zimmerman was always compliant.

9:39 a.m. ET: Serino says Zimmerman's injuries didn't seem life threatening and says that no injuries were needed for him to look into the case.

9:38 a.m. ET: Serino says he moved the interview to his desk to play the police calls because he didn't have a computer in the interrogation room.

9:36 a.m. ET: Defense attorney Mark O'Mara plays Serino's interview with Zimmerman in court, where Serino plays the 911 call made by a neighbor.

"You hear that voice in the background? That's you," said Serino on the audio recording.

Zimmerman says it doesn't even sound like him. Serino says this statement didn't change the direction of his interrogation of Zimmerman. He also says the statement didn't cause him any concern.

9:32 a.m. ET: Serino says the purpose of his second interview could have been to challenge Zimmerman or extract the truth. He says Zimmerman was consistent throughout the interview.

9:29 a.m. ET: The court reporter reads back part of Serino's testimony from yesterday:

"So if we were to take pathological liar off the table as a possibility… you think he was telling the truth?" asked O'Mara.

"Yes," said Serino.

The judge tells jurors this was an improper comment made by a witness and she tells them to disregard the question and the answer.

9:27 a.m. ET: The jury is being seated.

9:55 a.m. ET: During his interview, Serino asks Zimmerman what's behind his statement about "these [expletives]."

"People that victimize the neighborhood," said Zimmerman.

9:53 a.m. ET: "Isn't it accurate that he was profiling Trayvon Martin as a criminal?" asked prosecutor de la Rionda.

The defense objects, calling it speculation, and the judge sustains.

"If I were to believe that somebody was committing a crime, could that not be profiling that person?" asked de la Rionda.

"It could be construed as such, yes," said Serino.

"Was there any evidence that Trayvon Martin was committing a crime that evening, sir?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir," said Serino.

"Was there any evidence that that young man was armed?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir," said Serino.

9:50 a.m. ET: The prosecutor is now playing part of Zimmerman's interview with police officer Doris Singleton. Zimmerman says the neighborhood has had a lot of crimes and that his wife saw a residence being broken into. Zimmerman says he decided to start a neighborhood watch program.

"There's been a few times where I've seen a suspicious person in the neighborhood... these guys always get away," said Zimmerman.

9:47 a.m. ET: Serino says the non-emergency line operator, in so many words, asked Zimmerman to not follow Martin.

9:46 a.m. ET: Prosecutor de la Rionda plays a part of Zimmerman's police call where he says "these [expletive] always get away."

"Is that something you would use in reference to somebody that you're going to invite over to dinner?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir, I would not," said Serino.

"Does that seem like a friendly comment about somebody else?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir, it does not," said Serino.

Serino says that calling someone "[expletive] punks" is ill will and spite.

He will face manslaughter with a small amount of time. Sorry ss, I like you would like to see him put away, but the reality of it happening in a southern state is not going to happen. Remember Goodie Mob said "What yall really know about that dirty south?"...........................

10:24 a.m. ET: Serino says it's not illegal to follow or approach someone and ask them what they're doing.

10:22 a.m. ET: O'Mara asks Serino about the non-emergency call operator asking Zimmerman about Martin's location.

"Does that indicate that he wants him to keep an eye on him?" asked O'Mara.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

10:20 a.m. ET: Serino says "these [expletives] punks always get away" and "[expletive] punks" was said in a matter-of-fact kind of way. A few days after the shooting, Serino says a tool was found in the bushes behind one of the witness' homes.

"It was a piece of an awning, I believe it was a piece of a window, piece of hardware basically. It looked like a slim jim," said Serino. He explains that this tool is used to break into windows.

10:18 a.m. ET: When Zimmerman said "s**t" on the call, Serino says he saw that as a sign of urgency.

10:16 a.m. ET: Serino says that he has personally used the expletive Zimmerman used that night [a**holes]. He also says it can be used as slang and seemed more like a generalization -- not something specific.

10:14 a.m. ET: The prosecutor has finished his re-direct examination. Defense attorney O'Mara is now asking more questions of Serino.

10:13 a.m. ET: "Would you classify the defendant as a skinny kid?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir," said Zimmerman.

10:10 a.m. ET: "You felt like he was exaggerating certain parts of it?" asked de la Rionda.

"Among other things," said Serino.

"Did you feel he exaggerated the manner in which he was hit?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

10:09 a.m. ET: Zimmerman told police he got on Martin's body and spread his arms out, holding them down. Prosecutor de la Rionda shows Serino a photo taken by a neighbor that shows Martin on the ground with his hands under him. Serino says the positioning of the arms is inconsistent with Zimmerman's statements.

10:07 a.m. ET: Serino says the street Zimmerman didn't know the name of was the street that goes through the front gate. (how you don't know the name of the main fugging street?!)

10:05 a.m. ET: Prosecutor de la Rionda is now playing part of Zimmerman's reenactment with police. Zimmerman says he got out of his car to find an address. The prosecutor puts up a photo of a neighbor's house, showing the address on the front.

"There's an address right there staring at him?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes there is," said Serino.

10:24 a.m. ET: Serino says it's not illegal to follow or approach someone and ask them what they're doing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
He will face manslaughter with a small amount of time. Sorry ss, I like you would like to see him put away, but the reality of it happening in a southern state is not going to happen. Remember Goodie Mob said "What yall really know about that dirty south?"...........................

In the beginning when Angela Corey went for the Murder 2 charge I was like, "ehhhh...I would have preferred Manslaughter". But she was confident Murder 2 would stick so I said, "okay...".

If he had been arrested and charged this never would have made National news and we (more than likely) never would have discussed.

So I'm okay with a plea to manslaughter, which was the original charge recommended.

Right...but what needs to be proven is that because of Zimmerman following/approaching Trayvon, Trayvon felt threatened. Which is why Rachel's testimony was crucial and she never changed her story on the fact that Trayvon was trying to get away from Zimmerman, which means Trayvon felt threatened.

In the beginning when Angela Corey went for the Murder 2 charge I was like, "ehhhh...I would have preferred Manslaughter". But she was confident Murder 2 would stick so I said, "okay...".

If he had been arrested and charged this never would have made National news and we (more than likely) never would have discussed.

So I'm okay with a plea to manslaughter, which was the original charge recommended.

I think jury can convict him of the lesser charge of manslaughter in their verdict.

SS, do you think the testimony so far is enough to prove Manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt?

Like you, I'm absolutely sure he's guilty. I'm just asking do you think the jury will think the prosecution has proven their case so far.

Sorry for the delay...my boss decided to do my annual review right now. :smh: I passed!! :happydance: :happydance: :emlaugh:

11:04 a.m. ET: The judge has recessed court for a 15-minute break.

11:03 a.m. ET: Serino says the blood may have been going back down Zimmerman's nose and throat and that it may have dripped down once he stood up.

"Could the attempt to suffocate literally be momentary as well?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

Prosecutor de la Rionda says he just has a couple questions for Serino.

"Right now it could be raining outside?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

"And that would be pure speculation on your part?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

Serino has been dismissed and is subject to recall.

11:00 a.m. ET: Serino says there's no law stating you can't go into a 7-Eleven with a hoodie. He has finished his questions. The judge says she'll give the defense five minutes to ask more questions of Serino.

10:59 a.m. ET: Serino says no blood was found on Martin's hands. He also says he'd be fighting back if someone had their hand on his face and was punching him. He says no blood was found on Zimmerman's hands.

10:56 a.m. ET: Serino describes the word "a**hole" as being derogatory.

Prosecutor de la Rionda says Zimmerman said "[expletive] punks" under his breath as he left his vehicle.

"And then he followed Trayvon Martin, correct?" asked de la Rionda.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

10:55 a.m. ET: Serino says there was no evidence that the piece of awning found behind a neighbor's home was used as a tool.

10:54 a.m. ET: "After somebody dies, they don’t get taller?" asked prosecutor de la Rionda. Serino says he wouldn't dispute the medical examiner if Martin's height was measured to be 5'11"

"Are you saying it's against the law for somebody to wear a hoodie at night?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir," said Serino.

10:52 a.m. ET: Serino says there was quite a height and reach difference between Zimmerman and Martin.

"Reach is measured arm-to-arm, sideways," said Serino. O'Mara has finished his questions for Serino.

10:49 a.m. ET: Serino says the medical examiner's report supports Zimmerman's story of how and where he shot Martin. It also supports Zimmerman's claim that Martin was on top of Zimmerman when he shot him. Serino says the evidence contradicts the idea that Zimmerman pressed his gun to Martin's chest.

10:47 a.m. ET: During the police reenactment, Serino says nobody pointed out to Zimmemran that there was a number on one of the houses. Serino says it didn't seem like "active deception" that Zimmerman said he didn't see an address. The fact that Zimmerman couldn't remember the three streets in his neighborhood did raise red flags for Serino. He belived that could be "active deception."

10:44 a.m. ET: Serino agrees that Zimmerman may have seen the address on the neighbor's house if he wasn't blocked by a tree and was looking to the right. He also says there was no number on the side of the house, so Zimmerman wouldn't see the address after he walked by the house.

10:41 a.m. ET: "On the screaming on the 911 call, there wasn't a great deal of muffling, wouldn't you agree?" asked O'Mara.

"No sir, there was not," said Serino. He agrees that the scream came from one person. He also says someone may interpret that they're getting smothered if someone else has a hand on their broken nose.

10:39 a.m. ET: Zimmerman didn't seem smug, according to Serino.

"He seemed quite interested in the fact that there might be a videotape?" asked O'Mara.

"Yes he did," said Serino.

O'Mara says Zimmerman hoped that the neighborhood put up a new video camera that he didn't know about to document what happened.

10:36 a.m. ET: Serino says that in Zimmerman's mind, he might have viewed it as a rash of burglaries. Serino would need more numbers before he could make that determination.

10:34 a.m. ET: O'Mara says that if you consider Zimmerman's story to be true, about his head being hit against concrete, "Do you consider him [Martin] to have armed himself with concrete?"

"Yes sir," said Serino.

10:33 a.m. ET: Serino agrees that he wasn't worried that a crime was happening, just that someone was where he shouldn't be.

O'Mara asks Serino if it was it appropriate for Zimmerman to call non-emergency based upon seeing someone at night, in the rain, between two homes.

"That would be reasonable, to call non-emergency," said Serino.

"If you were driving an unmarked car and saw Trayvon Martin standing there... would you have stopped and talked to him?" asked O'Mara.

"Not just based on his presence, no I would not," said Serino. "He might live there."

"Would you stop and ask him?" asked O'Mara.

"Not just based on what you observed, no," said Serino.

10:30 a.m. ET: Serino says he has information that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after being told not to. He says he based that off the location of Martin's body and the fact that the confrontation happened afterwards. But Serino also says there's no tangible evidence against Zimmerman's story that Martin confronted him as he was walking back to his car.

10:28 a.m. ET: Serino points out on a map where Zimmerman says he was walking that night. He says Zimmerman was close to his car when the operator told him he didn't need to follow Martin.

10:22 a.m. ET: O'Mara asks Serino about the non-emergency call operator asking Zimmerman about Martin's location.

"Does that indicate that he wants him to keep an eye on him?" asked O'Mara.

"Yes sir," said Serino.

10:20 a.m. ET: Serino says "these [expletives] punks always get away" and "[expletive] punks" was said in a matter-of-fact kind of way. A few days after the shooting, Serino says a tool was found in the bushes behind one of the witness' homes.

"It was a piece of an awning, I believe it was a piece of a window, piece of hardware basically. It looked like a slim jim," said Serino. He explains that this tool is used to break into windows.

10:18 a.m. ET: When Zimmerman said "s**t" on the call, Serino says he saw that as a sign of urgency.

10:16 a.m. ET: Serino says that he has personally used the expletive Zimmerman used that night [a**holes]. He also says it can be used as slang and seemed more like a generalization -- not something specific.

10:14 a.m. ET: The prosecutor has finished his re-direct examination. Defense attorney O'Mara is now asking more questions of Serino.

10:13 a.m. ET: "Would you classify the defendant as a skinny kid?" asked de la Rionda.

"No sir," said Zimmerman.

SS, do you think the testimony so far is enough to prove Manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt ?

Like you, I'm absolutely sure he's guilty. I'm just asking do you think the jury will think the prosecution has proven their case so far.

Absolutely.

At the end of the day Zimmerman chose to take matters into his own hands and not wait for the police and let them do their job. B/c of Zimmerman's actions...Trayvon Martin is dead.

Now they have Zimmerman's friend on the stand...Mark Osterman. He wrote a book based on what Zimmerman told him.

11:34 a.m. ET: Osterman has written a book about the case and quoted Martin as saying, "Do you have a problem?" Osterman says there was an expletive, "mother [expletive]," but that his publisher wanted him to take it out of the book because it was graphic.

11:32 a.m. ET: There were two phases of contact, according to Osterman: When Zimmerman first saw Martin and pulled in the clubhouse parking lot and the second one when Maritn walked down a side street and Zimmerman followed him with his car and lost sight of him, getting out of his car to find an address.

11:30 a.m. ET: Martin circled the car, according to Zimmerman. Osterman says they looked each other and Zimmerman briefly lost sight of Martin.

11:28 a.m. ET: “Someone who usually looks through a neighborhood while it’s raining – it’s suspicious," said Osterman. Zimmerman told him he called the non-emergency number.

11:26 a.m. ET: Osterman recounts the story Zimmerman told him the day after the shooting. Zimmerman was going to Target to get lunches for the week. He saw someone he didn't know walking through homes and looking into windows.

11:24 a.m. ET: The prosecution has called Mark Osterman to the witness stand.

"Would you consider him a very good friend?" asked prosecutor de la Rionda.

"The best friend I’ve ever had," said Osterman.

I agree MH. They are doing a horrible job. I also think they probably should have tried him for Manslaughter instead of Murder 2. Seems like that charge is harder to prove than the Manslaughter one.

White southern middle age women have no connection with black males. You gotta realize that Forida is a hot bed for racism. This dude will walk. White folks have no love for black males. They see us as the enemy. Sorry but this reality.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back